AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 02:37   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
she has him.
I don't think that was part of the illusion. She looked pretty surprised when Akira called the masked guy Ousugi, probably because she knew that wasn't his name.

So yeah, where is Ousugi??
Old 2009-05-22, 06:17   Link #22
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Letter View Post
And was Akira putting the moves on her or what? : C
I never knew he was such a player.
From ep 5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I can't help but think this episode terribly bittersweet, it'll probably sting for all the "nice guys" out there, since Akira falls into that stereotypical category of the:

"Dark, handsome guy, with a mysterious air, a potentially dark and dangerous past, who's just really laid back but has this air of 'coolness' about him and seems like he'd be fun just to hang out."
He's the 'bad boy' who isn't necessarily good for you, but sure does makes things exciting and can sweep you off your feet.

I was kinda sold on him from his 'I'm a terrorist' line from the trailer.
His voice, delivery and body language at that moment was just like... humina~
What can I say...
I mean Akira was being supportive in a similar way that he was trying to be towards Saki back in ep 5.
(i assume raws are out so pple are checking but I'll spoiler a lil)
Spoiler:

I look forward to other fanart between them two, should be interesting. ^^
That or women just fall for his charms, hell, I suspect his Juiz has "nice" dreams about him, going by her voice she's such a flirt, I swear! xD

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-05-22, 06:53   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. Having now watched a (Chinese) sub, I think kazu-kun is right and it isn't Oosugi. He dropped his bag and phone when he was drunk, and is probably off somewhere licking his wounds and off-line. The "rapist" (according to Diana) picked up his phone and was just clicking away, posting to the preset address of that lovelorn board.

2. The first report of this week's ratings is in, and it's a 5.0%, putting the show very close to (but probably not quite in) the top ten. Last week's first report is out at the same time, and it dropped to a 3.3% from the previous week's 4.6. I guess the fans like action, lol.

3. The way Akira was going to do his best to help Diana overcome her dislike of penises suggests he is just a prince who likes to do good for people, and makes one wonder if he actually feels anything special for Saki. Diana ends by telling Saki that she didn't realize there were such good men around, and that Saki should treasure him.

By the way, this ep gives us another glimpse of how bold Saki actually is, despite her demure manner. And Hayami Saori is great again. But Kimura Ryouhei (Akira) can't do screams very well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-22, 07:29   Link #24
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

(I still haven't watched it yet, and I'm not sure if they answer that in the episode, but allow me to butt in with a short question)
If he was a random rapist and not Osugi, then was it just a pure coincidence, he pictured the apple in the previous episode? So he didn't address the images to the Eden of the East club?
Old 2009-05-22, 08:18   Link #25
Bliner

Hi, just watched the episode and really was a WTF ep!!!

He was posting the images in Eden of the East site?
Old 2009-05-22, 08:37   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The images were being posted to a lovelorn forum, where guys talk about their girl problems. Oosugi may have had his phone set to post to that site. And the random guy whom Diana picked up on that street outside the restaurant maybe had picked up Oosugi's bag and phone from where he dropped them in his drunken stupor. It would have been reasonable for a "rapist" to hang around waiting for a drunken girl to show up in that entertainment district.

The fat club member said that Oosugi, if it was him posting, might have been embarrassed to send an email to his friends, since he wouldn't have wanted to talk to them about being ditched by Saki.

I'm still not sure if the guy was Oosugi or not. I'm just thinking that maybe it wasn't. The Selecao phone records said that Diana had paid for three kinds of magic: lift, wings, and flight? Or lift, wings/flight, and concealing Oosugi's identity?

When we saw the Eden site, it was when Micchan logged in to use the special ID software from that site to look at the items in a pic that the imprisoned guy had taken. They ID'd a piano and Akira found out through Juiz who had bought one like it.

Diana said that #9 was the one behind Careless Monday, and also that he was the Supporter. Akira didn't remember any of that.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-22, 10:19   Link #27
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Close but no cigar, lol.
ROTFL!

You have a wicked sense of humor... can I be your friend?
Old 2009-05-22, 15:09   Link #28
Raiga
tl;dr

My jaw was pretty much hanging open until I paused at the end and slowly sounded out "suu...paa... iryu...shon..." and came to the conclusion that others in this topic have kindly confirmed. :P (thank goodness so many technical terms are in katakana) Still WTF-worthy but...

Crazy intense episode. When it hit the halfway point I was like, "Wait, already?!" So it looks like Akira was responsible for the missiles after all...

Well, can't wait for the subs, and next week, of course. ^^
Old 2009-05-22, 18:22   Link #29
amyeva22

Lightbulb just if you noticed..

This episode was very interesting but the end was a little out ..I mean for an instance I believed that she could really fly but then I read that it was fake and just an illusion ...but wow!!what an illusion!! but well I was afraid that this series could turn out to be unrealistic but it was a trick after all.. The only thing that makes me wonder is where is oosugi??? .Did you guys noticed that in episode 5 oosugi was wearing a red tie and in episode 7 oosugi is wearing a green tie? unless that guy wasn't oosugi after all..they just made a mistake!!!but either ways I still love this anime is the best and with this episode I end up loving it more and akira too...he is so hot!!!
Old 2009-05-22, 19:19   Link #30
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
I still want to deny he was putting moves on Diana, or that he was planning on screwing her.
:C

Quote:
I mean Akira was being supportive in a similar way that he was trying to be towards Saki back in ep 5.

Pity date?

Unless Akira's plan was to help Diana get over her Johnny stealing days by whipping out his Johnny. Which could also go in with making Saki feel better by distracting her with a kiss.

The true protagonist of EOTE: AKIRA'S JOHNNY
Old 2009-05-22, 19:50   Link #31
ThoHell

Ok, this series just went to a whole new lvl because this episode just completely WTFed me. First I thought it was like some government/organization conspiracy thing, but now we bust out sci-fi. So then... what of that kid napped guy? That was a little confusing. This show seems to revolve around anything that is a Johny....
Old 2009-05-22, 19:55   Link #32
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

...so are people still thinking Juiz is some sort of AI? Or maybe she's an AI AND a magician?

But seriously.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:28   Link #33
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Unless Akira's plan was to help Diana get over her Johnny stealing days by whipping out his Johnny. Which could also go in with making Saki feel better by distracting her with a kiss.
The true protagonist of EOTE: AKIRA'S JOHNNY
Didn't you know? Akira's Johnny be magic I tell ya! MAGIC!!!
(I mean, he didn't get arrested for indecent exposure in DC, he made Saki freak out on oestrogen overload on the 2nd time she saw it, he made a supposedly hard-ass police woman blush and pardon him, he got trousers for it (some inside US joke, I'll never get))
Had she... well she probably did see it, given his state when he was on the bed.
Methinks Diana would have worshiped it rather than cut it. xD
"The Prince I Found" wasn't referring to Akira himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
ROTFL!

You have a wicked sense of humor... can I be your friend?
*curtseys*
Why thank you, kind sir. I do try
I don't mind getting to know peeps on Asuki a lil, just drop a msg on my profile board to say 'hi' to begin from there and we'll see where the wind takes us~
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
...so are people still thinking Juiz is some sort of AI? Or maybe she's an AI AND a magician?

But seriously.
Eeee?
Juiz(s) are merely the concierges for the Selecao.
All they do is implement whatever their messed up minds can think of, so if you want to be the next David Blaine and pull off a stunt that outdoes Diana's then go ahead, it'll just cost you a lot of yen
When she went 'Juiz, do it' - I was actually scared that she was gonna go after Saki or something, but man she certainly takes "elegant" to the next level.
I couldn't help but think of Suitengu's "dark angel" scenes from Speed Grapher tbh, but it was still awesome to watch, esp with the glass shattering and everything.

Most epic dramatic anime exit scene of the year.

And I checked out ep 8's preview on the website and sure enough, it's an 'informative' calmer ep (bleh) *pouts*
(Time for lower TV ratings Kaoru!!)
Spoiler for not really spoilerish but just outta courtesy:

But for now, time to re watch ep 7 again and again, cause it was just class.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-22 at 21:55.
Old 2009-05-22, 22:10   Link #34
NakedAngelX

Just noticed today the money's in Yen~~~
So it really isn't that much haha.

Spoiler for Ep 7:
Old 2009-05-22, 22:43   Link #35
golthin

Quote:
Okay wait, is it confirmed this was all an illusion? For a minute I thought she was a succubus or something.

And was Akira putting the moves on her or what? : C
I never knew he was such a player.
she bought 3 illusions. one was the guy's body floating to her, another was her wings and the final one was she flying out the window. if you noticed when we get the shot for the outside, there is a chopper flying above, that is how they made her look like she was flying. Now the mystery is where Osugi is. They had plenty of time to set up all the equipment for the performance, which included wires and the wings plus bandaging akira.
Old 2009-05-22, 22:44   Link #36
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

There's something definitely off about Juiz. In one episode we see that she doesn't quite get sarcasm ("gyafun"), but here we see that she gets it well enough to make them ("I hope you'll be an honest messiah even if you abuse state power", "you sure are a violent messiah"). Whoever Juiz is, she's making it hard for anyone to guess at her true identity; an actual person? Highly advanced AI? Or as seems quite likely at this point, a sentient AI? Could Mr. Outside and Juiz be one and the same?

It's confusing as heck. @_@

EDIT: Also, if the guy Diana carried away was some random rapist (way to go Yagami Light there, Selecao XI), then how is the Eden mascot on the guy's briefcase to be accounted for?
Old 2009-05-22, 22:54   Link #37
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
There's something definitely off about Juiz. In one episode we see that she doesn't quite get sarcasm ("gyafun"), but here we see that she gets it well enough to make them ("I hope you'll be an honest messiah even if you abuse state power", "you sure are a violent messiah"). Whoever Juiz is, she's making it hard for anyone to guess at her true identity; an actual person? Highly advanced AI? Or as seems quite likely at this point, a sentient AI? Could Mr. Outside and Juiz be one and the same?

It's confusing as heck. @_@

EDIT: Also, if the guy Diana carried away was some random rapist (way to go Yagami Light there, Selecao XI), then how is the Eden mascot on the guy's briefcase to be accounted for?
There must be more than one juiz, it will be problematic is she is called at the same time by 2 or more customer. I think each one them have their own personal Juiz.
Old 2009-05-22, 23:21   Link #38
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
There must be more than one juiz, it will be problematic is she is called at the same time by 2 or more customer. I think each one them have their own personal Juiz.
Not necessarily, if Juiz is a highly advanced or sentient AI; if "she" has enough processing power, she can certainly handle several Selecao requests all at once.

Another thing that has me intrigued is the fact that Juiz seems to be able to fulfil what realistically should be near-impossible requests almost instantaneously. For example, IV ("bang! bang!"), IX ("gyafun", "yo I wanna trump up false charges against someone for the LULZ", "hey I wanna be a Roppongi property owner lol"), and XI ("clean up the trash, Juiz", "I need a translator stat", "trash that tanker plskthx"). If we dismiss the possibility of the Noblesse phones having a supernatural aspect or something like that, then it's not just a matter of a stupidly rich Mr. Outside anymore; it would speak of an infrastructure on an unprecedented scale serving whatever request the 12 Selecao can possibly think up.

Amongst other things, what we've seen would suggest a dedicated agent shadowing each Selecao, capable of doing hits and shooting out tires amongst other possible skills, ready access to the deepest levels in the economic, political and military hierarchy of Japan, and perhaps even a team of skilled professionals in all fields capable of servicing every business need. That's some scary infrastructure there, and only IX is beginning to question all this by virtue of having lost his memory. The rest of the Selecao either know something IX and the rest of us don't, or they're all just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean, yeah, it's only half the series, and the full explanation is probably still coming up. But, I just can't see the explanation not ending up being completely [beep]ing crazy, somehow. @_@
Old 2009-05-22, 23:35   Link #39
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
or they're all just looking a gift horse in the mouth.
I think the expression would be that they're not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but yeah. The whole Selecao infrastructure is pretty insane. You'd think if they have that kind of power, why don't they just fix the country themselves...? But of course I suppose the point is, it's a delicate business how you decide to use such extensive resources, and you need the right people making the decisions.

Which I guess is one of those things, where it's basically saying, even with capabilities seemingly limited only by the laws of physics and money, you still can't just solve anything with that power. You can't just say, "Juiz, fix this world kthxbye."
Old 2009-05-23, 00:01   Link #40
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well, that was so outstandingly unorthodox that the weird parts (how did #11 manage to mount such a spectacular illusion?) didn't bug me at all.

This series is good. Very good. It's pushing boundaries on lots of things we take for granted in anime like I've never seen before while still keeping a straight face, instead of taking the "You're too lowly to understand this" clichéd artsy route.

My only worry, right now, is that even with the movie it seems to be too damn short. I just hope that won't turn out to be the case.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Closed Thread