AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-02, 19:29   Link #41
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
At the illustrator's site we could once view a lot of artworks, but now there are less images there...

Wagaya no Oinari-sama is a Shinto-based modern tale. I'm afraid subbers will surely have some difficulty in the terminology and concepts.
don't worry about that, it depends on who picks up the translations. Shinto based anime/shows have been subbed before. And Certain subbing groups are quite aware of Shinto terminologies and concepts.
Old 2008-04-02, 20:59   Link #42
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah, and besides there are sites for this kind of thing

With the studio of Rental magica behind this. I have faith that it can be good. I wasn't a huge fan of Rental Magica but I didn't hate it.

And yeah I'm also one of the people drooling over the male side female side seiyu for Kugen.
I like how the trailer shows both sides introducing each other. Yeah I know it's cliche in some ways but it's still awesome.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-04-03, 00:43   Link #43
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

yeah, this anime will be decent if not good. The novel was an excellent read so the anime shouldn't be too bad if the animator stick to the material.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:15   Link #44
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

So, let me get this straight. The main heroine can turn into both a MALE and FEMALE? wow...
Old 2008-04-03, 16:00   Link #45
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
So, let me get this straight. The main heroine can turn into both a MALE and FEMALE? wow...
It's not precisely a novel concept. See Ranma 1/2, Tetsuwan Birdy. Those were even licensed in the US, so there's little chance of you missing them if you watched at least some classic anime.

I for one think the novel concept here is having Yukana do the female voice. Well, at least that's what my ears want to think

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-04-03, 19:07   Link #46
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
It's not precisely a novel concept. See Ranma 1/2, Tetsuwan Birdy. Those were even licensed in the US, so there's little chance of you missing them if you watched at least some classic anime.

I for one think the novel concept here is having Yukana do the female voice. Well, at least that's what my ears want to think
I was hoping thinking that this series would be a romance/comedy/action series, but apparently it does not look very romancey from the promo and the half guy/girl concept lol
Old 2008-04-03, 19:18   Link #47
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
he forgot what gender did he have when he took human form thats all :P

he's/she's a demon/youkai so gender isn't really that critical for them,
my guess is that in the end they would find out that he didn't have any "real" gender to begin with..
Old 2008-04-04, 01:06   Link #48
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I was hoping thinking that this series would be a romance/comedy/action series, but apparently it does not look very romancey from the promo and the half guy/girl concept lol
ironically the novel is considered an romance/comedy/action series since all three are present. That you don't have to worry about.

Kugen is in fact so forgetful of his gender that he doesn't even remember the gender he took on two or three days ago. He is so used to both genders that he takes them on randomly and act totally at ease in each gender identity that its scary( especially when he changes gender on the fly). But being ancient and wise he does know when to switch gender if appropriate(such as female form when he needs to seduce or cry her way in/out of a sticky situation or to take on the male form for the Mano-a-mano Macho situations). However in the novel i believe he is referred to as her by majority of the main cast as he does take on the female form more often.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2008-04-04 at 01:22.
Old 2008-04-04, 09:27   Link #49
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
ironically the novel is considered an romance/comedy/action series since all three are present. That you don't have to worry about.

Kugen is in fact so forgetful of his gender that he doesn't even remember the gender he took on two or three days ago. He is so used to both genders that he takes them on randomly and act totally at ease in each gender identity that its scary( especially when he changes gender on the fly). But being ancient and wise he does know when to switch gender if appropriate(such as female form when he needs to seduce or cry her way in/out of a sticky situation or to take on the male form for the Mano-a-mano Macho situations). However in the novel i believe he is referred to as her by majority of the main cast as he does take on the female form more often.
Thats good to hear! I find anime more intriguing that have those element.
Old 2008-04-05, 14:36   Link #50
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
my guess is that in the end they would find out that he didn't have any "real" gender to begin with..
He/she was once a living fox, so he/she had a sex whichever. Tenko [天狐] is a honorable title for a fox who has lived more than a thousand years and got the status as a messenger of the Inari.
Old 2008-04-05, 16:18   Link #51
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

it aired already right.
Old 2008-04-05, 16:19   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
it aired already right.
No, it's tomorrow.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-06, 06:55   Link #53
Cloudy

12AM in Japan to be exact.

Which means that it will be aired in 4 hrours time!^^(since I live in Singapore and Singapore is 1 hour eariler than Japan time.)
Old 2008-04-06, 15:04   Link #54
astranagun

It has brodcasted and it's out...
Old 2008-04-06, 15:08   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-06, 16:33   Link #56
Avisch
Reality Blender

My opinion is pretty much the same as serenades. Not too high comedy in the first episode.
Spoiler for episode 1:

One crazy B****
Old 2008-04-06, 16:58   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The big thing about this show is Hayami Saori 早見沙織, who plays Kou, the young priestess. Remember the name. She is only 16, but is already an excellent seiyuu, in the roles she has had (Momoka in Touka Gettan and this). Her voice as Kou is as pure and certain as a drop of water falling in a pond in the forest.

And her singing of the ED makes her the best of all current seiyuu/singers, for me, with a sweetness and musicality that are amazing. This is fully as good as her outstanding ED to Touka Gettan. The only thing that could stop her becoming a top seiyuu is becoming a top singer first. And she is already signed by Columbia.

As for the show itself, I love the simple, pure character design, and I thought Yukana showed many aspects of her excellent voice. The story was simple and we see the possibility of future humor after this introductory episode. But this kind of story doesn't usually interest me, so we'll see what happens from here. One thing I know: I wanted to see this show for Hayami Saori, and she was outstanding.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-06, 17:16   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The only thing that could stop her becoming a top seiyuu is becoming a top singer first. And she is already signed by Columbia.

I lol'ed

She did do a very good job for momoka imo. I didn't realise that she was younger than me, now that is something. Getting more interested about this series now

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-06, 18:17   Link #59
Avisch
Reality Blender

Oh right. I forgot that Hayami Soari was playing in this! She is very gpood as Kou, deadpan and cute.
Also there's Nakamura Yuuichi who is playing male Kugen. And it really surprised me how well Yukana's and his voices parallel each other (both have a similar level of deepness)

One crazy B****
Old 2008-04-06, 19:25   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mah, for now, enjoy the previews/summaries of episodes 2-4. Yeah, don't know what they are thinking putting the previews for so many future episodes, but then again, H2O did this.

Spoiler for preview summary (ep2):

Spoiler for preview summary (ep3):

Spoiler for preview summary (ep4):

Spoiler for a couple thoughts:

Closed Thread

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural