Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 21:43   Link #801
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
That's not what either of us take issue with.

Not to mention the problems with calling a show with ghosts, recurring mass hallucinations, and make-believe illnesses realistic.
Lol, you guys always do this when people like me try to bring this up. When I or somebody says "realism," you try to warp our point to make it look like we're talking about the show in general.

Realistic characterization, i.e. realistic actions, reactions, etc. I don't recall saying ghosts and such are realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
a. *scratches head* When did I say I hate Yuu?
In the wrong manner, he's entertaining.
Erm, you made it all too clear in previous posts that you think he's a useless, spineless wimp.

Now if you were trying to give the opposite message, i.e. you like him because of that, then you need to be more clear on that.

Quote:
b. Well, for one thing, you should try and talk to others without having bad mouth them, yes? I remember a few post backs... "You have problems" or something like that... Are you trying to get somewhere? I don't understand? Unless you have a belief somewhere that arguments are going to solve themselves by labeling people. More than that, what has that anything to do with anything? We are talking about ef here, not whether I should hate humanity, I believe.
Sorry but I wasn't bad-mouthing you. (although it was certainly heavily sarcastic) The sarcasm is that if you hate Yuu, you should hate a lot of people, because he's like a lot of people. (that should have been pretty clear)

Quote:
Ah, it is called shock. And? It was still funny because of his idiocy though? And even if he was shocked, I'd think he would maintain enough brain power to pick up her body and walk off.
Yes, it is called shock. Apparently you honestly don't understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptoms of Shock
The symptoms show great variation but typically they include an initial state of "daze", with some constriction of the field of consciousness and narrowing of attention, inability to comprehend stimuli, and disorientation.
As stated, it kind of tends to take away sense and "brain power" as you call it, which is why they don't act rationally when in shock. Surprise.

Quote:
c. So you tell me it is better to just pick up the corpse and walk down the street holding her (boy, won't it be fun if someone saw that), instead of calling the hospital or authorities? Yuu may be in shock, but he's at the age where he can at least maintain a degree of sanity to do basic actions, right? Not walk down the street looking like a murderer.
When you're shocked senseless? *hint hint, wink wink* *points to above definition* It kinda happens when you're facing a traumatic event. And
Spoiler for Episode 10:
is pretty traumatic. People can go literally insane from these kinds of things too, you know.

Quote:
Yes, you can go clean up every problem with "realism" as a word and cry as you will. And I will laugh at the idiocy of all of this "realism".
Everything is solved, yes?
Well, that's too bad. 'Cause that's life. And life can suck, and people whine, and people emo, and all kinds of unpleasant things. At least I don't run away from it by watching anime, and then whining when anime follows realistic characterization. (and before you misunderstand yet again, I'm not making any reference to you here)

Quote:
Perhaps you too.
For one thing, start over learning how to interpret the emotions in others' posts? You seemed to have come off with me hating the human race or whatever? There wasn't an inch of hate anywhere though? There wasn't even sadness (thanks to the brilliant episode's events)?
Well it's kinda hard to "properly" interpret when you sound like you're complaining about characters being "spineless wimps." And apparently, you're making the same mistake with me, so.....

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-12-08 at 22:02.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 23:53   Link #802
sirn
田舎者言うな

I'm a bit disappointed at this episode, too. I believe they can do better but… Anyway, this left me with the same feeling as the eighth episode, since they kind of resolved all bad feedbacks of that in the ninth, I believe this time is going to be the same, fingers crossed. But, but, but!

Spoiler for Episode 10. Trying to make sense.:

Quote:
Keywords
007 - die
011 - Stärke,
012 - die
013 - wir
078 - Zeiten
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 01:24   Link #803
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Erm, you made it all too clear in previous posts that you think he's a useless, spineless wimp.

Well, that's too bad. 'Cause that's life. And life can suck, and people whine, and people emo, and all kinds of unpleasant things. At least I don't run away from it by watching anime, and then whining when anime follows realistic characterization. (and before you misunderstand yet again, I'm not making any reference to you here)
And? I have to hate useless, spineless wimps? Takumi from Chaos Head is a great wimp, but he's a lovable character (to a point).

.......Hah? I have no idea what you are trying to say anymore... *walks away*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 03:41   Link #804
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

*Sighs*
185MB of bandwidth for a trollsub. Thought I'd give you guys a PSA.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 03:53   Link #805
gaguri

Episode 10

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-09, 06:44   Link #806
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
*Sighs*
Yeah, that was pretty uncalled for. Why this show in particular is getting so many joke/trollsubs, I would never know. Woulda *wink* have been *wink* better if it was *wink* April's fools. Though if I had to weigh them, the weird Yozakura black and white subs just makes me scratch my head. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure_Peregrine View Post
BIG EDIT: I would just like to say to Superknuckles that you were completely right about the cutting thing. I didn't see that coming.
I don't even intend to really try and foresee these events or anything. Either I'm getting into the vibe of the storytelling techniques with anime, or I'm just guessing these like flukes. But definitely, I thought the reason why Yuuko was being all saintly in the first season must have been because of her sins in the past, or that she bore witness to all the folly of bad romance. Not only was it bad, it was CATASTROPHICALLY bad. And to fully experience it. Wow.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 07:08   Link #807
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
*Sighs*

This release is not actually a CoalGuys release but someone masquerading as the group in an obvious attempt to sully our good name. Obviously, someone didn't appreciate our method of subbing - in fact, they hated it enough to waste their own time releasing a trollsub (which, in effect, hurts the fans, not really the subgroup). But hey, hope they had fun making it

For those waiting for an ef 10 release, we'll announce it in our IRC channel (#coalguys on rizon) when the real episode 10 is out. Again, sorry for the immaturity of our naysayers.
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 07:41   Link #808
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeesh. I had a sneaking suspicion when the source wasn't the same according to the logs.
Old 2008-12-09, 08:21   Link #809
MarlinBeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
This release is not actually a CoalGuys release but someone masquerading as the group in an obvious attempt to sully our good name. Obviously, someone didn't appreciate our method of subbing - in fact, they hated it enough to waste their own time releasing a trollsub (which, in effect, hurts the fans, not really the subgroup). But hey, hope they had fun making it

For those waiting for an ef 10 release, we'll announce it in our IRC channel (#coalguys on rizon) when the real episode 10 is out. Again, sorry for the immaturity of our naysayers.
Yeah, I just woke up and was getting ready to watch the anime that finished torrentting during the night and was pissed to see a CoalGuys troll. So I came here to file a complaint.

I'm glad to see CoalGuys isn't stupid. Thanks for making that clear.

All the same, someone needs to take that trollsub down. I'd already uploaded 17x.
MarlinBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 09:18   Link #810
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Hey guys. No need to argue with serenade beta's feelings. It's his own opinion. It's better to stick with your own feelings than argue. It's like you're feeding something.
And serenade beta, don't be offended but you're like Amamiya. Hehehe.

Last edited by Haru~; 2008-12-09 at 09:57.
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 10:42   Link #811
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
And serenade beta, don't be offended but you're like Amamiya. Hehehe.
Haha, I couldn't be offended by that at all.
If I didn't like that, I wouldn't have him as my avatar.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-10 at 00:22. Reason: Deleted the conversation thread, so edited your reply out
Old 2008-12-09, 13:06   Link #812
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

But forced drama is what makes ef stand out.

Granted, the whole psychological whirlwind around it is what actually makes it special.
Old 2008-12-09, 15:17   Link #813
Beo
where's the snow?

Wonder if they are going to pull a magic event. Like she really has been in a comma all this time; [snip]

They did a lot in clearing up things like showing the destruction of the knife and watch, time to start moving forward from here. If feels like there is going to a future event, it has a feeling of it still not being over.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-12-10 at 06:14.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 15:52   Link #814
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
Wonder if they are going to pull a magic event. Like she really has been in a comma all this time; [snip]
I doubt it... Yuuko is most certainly dead. If she wasn't dead by the time Yuu found her for some reason, she definitely died from the way he treated her body.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-12-10 at 06:14.
Old 2008-12-09, 16:03   Link #815
Beo
where's the snow?

This anime has played with everyone, every time you think its going one way they twist it on you. I would not count on anything until the last episode.

Additional thoughts:

If they do reveal that Yuuko is still alive, they are setting up for a third season.

At the end of this series then, they will have three set of relationships going on that have not totally been committed. We will have: Yu - Yuuko, Kuze - Mizuki / Nagi, Chihiro - Renji. There is still Miyako, Hiro, and Kei still hanging out there but they are mostly finished by now.

The main three relations all come with a lot bad baggage/history into them. Possible story line is how this all plays out.
Old 2008-12-09, 16:15   Link #816
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
This anime has played with everyone, every time you think its going one way they twist it on you. I would not count on anything until the last episode.

Additional thoughts:

If they do reveal that Yuuko is still alive, they are setting up for a third season.
Well, in the present time, there were enough hints to figure out Yuuko is dead though...

Though since they are adapting the visual novel and this season is already adapting the last game (latter half), I doubt they will actually have another season.

Old 2008-12-09, 18:05   Link #817
Beo
where's the snow?

Did some looking around on Minori. Their next project is East of Eden, nothing to do with ef.

No next season. Oh well, I lost the guess game.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:12   Link #818
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
And? I have to hate useless, spineless wimps? Takumi from Chaos Head is a great wimp, but he's a lovable character (to a point).

.......Hah? I have no idea what you are trying to say anymore... *walks away*
Lol, I'm talking about the way you made it sound. You always talked about him in disgust, "Oh, he can't do this; Oh he's useless that," so how are we supposed to think you liked him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
Episode 10

Spoiler:
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Haha...
Spoiler:
Quote:
I think he(?) means that it was forced as, the car just came from nowhere. Like, "We need some drama!" "OK, send in the car!", type of thought.
But that's what hit and runs, or rather car accidents in general, are. You don't see them coming. It would be seriously stupid if they spent a minute or so showing a random unnamed character getting drunk and getting in his car, etc. It's intended to be entirely random and out of nowhere, because it is. When life doesn't want you to be happy.....you don't be happy.

The only reason I would ever think that there would be a third season would be to finish the KeixKyousuke relationship. Which, let's face it, got screwed and back burner-ed back in season 1, especially in comparison to the visual novel, and even the manga. (which followed the game pretty well; it was my favorite pairing from the first game and manga, too.... *sob*) But making a third season for just one coupling would be rather "bleh" and not in-flow with the previous two seasons. Nor do I see them magically bringing Yuko back from the dead, or then the hit and run would become stupid.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-10 at 00:25. Reason: Please don't spoil the end of the visual novels -- the end of the anime hasn't come yet.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 18:31   Link #819
REEPER

Spoiler for first season yuko:
REEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:28   Link #820
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please, please, please -- I know we're near the end of the anime now, but that still doesn't make it okay to spoil the game's ending in this thread. As you know, the forum's spoiler policy makes it against the rules to spoil future game events in an anime thread, even under spoiler tags. So, those of you who've played the game, please refrain from giving away the rest. There are only two weeks left anyway.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shaft