Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 20:19   Link #101
Kurohitsugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
it's fillers anyway lol, plotholes are to be expected after 5years
Yup, such things are to be expected...

On a different note, I wonder how they will manage things with Yoruichi. Her in soul society means that she is in the reach of Muramasas spell. Since we don't know nothing at all about her zanpaktuo... but I think it will just be ignored in order to not interfere with the manga.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:37   Link #102
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
im still surprised that Yoruichi can travel to SS, wasnt she exiled or something?
Old 2009-08-05, 20:45   Link #103
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Nope. She left willingly.
Old 2009-08-05, 21:13   Link #104
sayde

Yeah. She left willingly. She was still stripped of her status and nobility for abandoning SS like that. And I think she only fled because she knew it would only be a matter of time before C46 found out who came to Urahara and the Vizards aid. So I suppose it's not completely incorrect to assume she was probably exiled for her actions sooner or later.

But a lot seems to have changed since ever since the end of the SS arc. Having said that, I'm assuming that she was on friendlier terms with SS again the moment Unohana announced Aizen's betrayal and she was seen teaming up w/ Soifon to try and stop Aizen.
Old 2009-08-05, 21:53   Link #105
Shiranett

All the captains we haven’t seen go bankai are left out.......
Old 2009-08-05, 22:33   Link #106
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
im still surprised that Yoruichi can travel to SS, wasnt she exiled or something?
Yoruichi is ninja, ninja can go anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by crX- View Post
I think it was sasakibe's zanpakuto.
I find it very strange that he is Sasakibe's zanpaktou being that the weapons they use are nothing alike, one a rapier and the other a polearm. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the rapier a European weapon. Why, then, is his Zanpaktou an asian?
Old 2009-08-05, 23:40   Link #107
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Yoruichi is ninja, ninja can go anywhere

I find it very strange that he is Sasakibe's zanpaktou being that the weapons they use are nothing alike, one a rapier and the other a polearm. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the rapier a European weapon. Why, then, is his Zanpaktou an asian?
Does it really matter? Zanpakutou can end up being very strange weapons and it's not like you can pin a nationality on them. Sasakibe's zanpakutou just happens to look like a rapier probably to match his regal character. However, I don't know why the personification uses a polearm either.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2009-08-06, 00:21   Link #108
Gibber

I'm still confused as to why the zanpakutou have zanpakutou and the Yoruichi thing was interesting too. I highly doubt Zaraki will be showing up in this at all still, and it looks like it's still time for Ichigo to save the day.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:25   Link #109
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

It seemed more like a long iron pole that he uses a piece of cloth to hold it with, a iron rod seems likely considering it seems its lightning based zap(taking a leaf outta Stargate SG1's book on naiming ease)
Old 2009-08-06, 00:30   Link #110
kamyu

well tobiume uses bells and some of them aren't even carrying weapons so you can't really judge entirely by what they are using. the spear-like weapon could also be his bankai for all we know.

also, you can't really guess zaraki's zanpakuto's personality by trying to compare to zaraki himself. just look at kazeshine and hisagi. he hates his psycho killer zanpakuto. they are nothing alike.

and ya, sode no shirayuki = sexy evil

Quote:
I'm still confused as to why the zanpakutou have zanpakutou and the Yoruichi thing was interesting too. I highly doubt Zaraki will be showing up in this at all still, and it looks like it's still time for Ichigo to save the day.
they are just using themselves.
this isn't new either. zangetsu has always carried around himself.

stargate weapons is a zat, not a zap
Old 2009-08-06, 00:47   Link #111
ElricKeyblade

I know I may sound just like just another Histugaya fan, but can I comment on how AWESOME Hyourinmaru looked?! He was just...WOW! Like an older Histugaya, almost! With the seriousness and cool aura and EVERYTHING!

...*takes a moment to catch breath*

And as for speculation...has he been assigned to watch over Tobuime or something? o.0 Cuz when he came in near the beginning of the previous episode, Muramasa had said, "A new ally," then stopped and held Tobuime's shoulder for a while, saying, "Look after her." Maybe this is a mistranslation or something...could someone clear this up for me, pretty please?

(Though privately I pretty much hope that what I'm speculating is rite. Subtle HitsuHina YEAHZ. XD )

So...yeah. Can't wait for Hyourinmaru to come in longer scenes later on! I wanna know why he turned against Histu and what Hitsu is gonna do about it! XDD
Old 2009-08-06, 03:51   Link #112
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
The ending is really growing on me. Pretty awesome, IMO. And colorful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiranett View Post
All the captains we haven’t seen go bankai are left out.......
Except Soifon.
Old 2009-08-06, 04:03   Link #113
kamyu

"look after him."
and it looked more like his silly hand/fingernail waving that he does every single time he ever talks rather than a shoulder pat.

more of a 'show the new guy the ropes' kind of thing. neither of them seem to need a protector based on the action shown so far.
Old 2009-08-06, 06:25   Link #114
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I seriously wasn't expecting sort of a full out battle so early >.> that's what I get for being silly.
Old 2009-08-06, 06:33   Link #115
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
I know I may sound just like just another Histugaya fan, but can I comment on how AWESOME Hyourinmaru looked?! He was just...WOW! Like an older Histugaya, almost! With the seriousness and cool aura and EVERYTHING!

And as for speculation...has he been assigned to watch over Tobuime or something?
I wasn't to impressed with Hyourinmaru. He just reminded me of Scar from FMA. And I thought Marumasa told Tobiume to look after Hyourinmaru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Except Soifon.
Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I seriously wasn't expecting sort of a full out battle so early >.> that's what I get for being silly.
I agree, you are quite silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well tobiume uses bells
Im really surprised at how much I like Tobiume, seeing as how I can't stand Momo. Her bell attacks are really impressive.
Old 2009-08-06, 06:37   Link #116
ipernorris

Why don't zanpakatous just take over their owners, like Shirosaki keep trying to do? Why do they have to separate from their shinigami owners? They're the same thing, after all... a zanpaktou power is its owner's power!
Old 2009-08-06, 07:05   Link #117
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Why don't zanpakatous just take over their owners, like Shirosaki keep trying to do? Why do they have to separate from their shinigami owners? They're the same thing, after all... a zanpaktou power is its owner's power!
Because then the shinigami couldn't fight zanpaktou spirits and we wouldn't have a filler arc and then the anime would catch up to the manga and the anime would be put on hold until the manga finished. Also because Shirosaki isn't a zanpaktou.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:07   Link #118
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I liked how Bakuya forgot how to do Kido when fighting, he could have atleast kept tryin to use kido. some for everyone else, instead they just blindly attacked with their katanas, no Kido what so ever -_-
Old 2009-08-06, 07:12   Link #119
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I liked how Bakuya forgot how to do Kido when fighting, he could have atleast kept tryin to use kido. some for everyone else, instead they just blindly attacked with their katanas, no Kido what so ever -_-
Most of the captains and VCs fight without shikai most of the time and their reiatsu hasn't been reduced so they really haven't been handicapped that much, except for Hitsugaya because he goes bankai every fight
Old 2009-08-06, 07:26   Link #120
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
he used the binding lights kidou spell though >.>
Closed Thread