AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 17:05   Link #2701
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
I'm debating ordering that Tony Taka Miku. I'm not sure if I want to put so much money into that, especially since I have a good number of Miku related things already (as well as other upcoming Miku things I'd like to order more).

I did order the new Yuki Nendoroid, though. I'm just really happy that she's not an exclusive.
Not sure if I should get this one, seeing how I grabbed the school fuku version a coupla years back. Then again, Yuki in mufti is also so DAMN CUTE I really dunno.. :/
Old 2010-07-31, 04:47   Link #2702
Nataliya

Send a message via ICQ to Nataliya
Red face

Haven't been writing for a while here. Was on holiday in Vietnam in fact... and btw I brought my Mugi nendo along and took a small photo-session of her.

More photos can be found here. Nyan-nyan! ^^

Nataliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 04:53   Link #2703
Kudryavka

What kind of produce is that? I love her face XD
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 04:56   Link #2704
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Someone try to talk me out of getting this because I really shouldn't be spending more money at the moment. >.> I'm quite tempted to try to complete at least one 'faction' though, so if I got her I'd need two other figures to go with it (already having ordered one). It's so easy to throw away money. ;.;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 05:00   Link #2705
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Someone try to talk me out of getting this because I really shouldn't be spending more money at the moment. >.> I'm quite tempted to try to complete at least one 'faction' though, so if I got her I'd need two other figures to go with it (already having ordered one). It's so easy to throw away money. ;.;
Just only get her, she's at a good price too. Don't feel the need to complete sets, only buy what you truly want. Works for me, I just buy which characters I want. (I ended up buying Nendo Rin and Melissa Seraphy instead of Rin and Len, because Melly's outfit was cool)
Old 2010-07-31, 05:11   Link #2706
Nataliya

Send a message via ICQ to Nataliya
2Komari
Huh? It's just Tsumugi Nendoroid by GSC.

2Ichihara Asako
I've remembered I saw her photos here. Just thought you may want to check...

Nataliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 05:26   Link #2707
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Just only get her, she's at a good price too. Don't feel the need to complete sets, only buy what you truly want. Works for me, I just buy which characters I want. (I ended up buying Nendo Rin and Melissa Seraphy instead of Rin and Len, because Melly's outfit was cool)
I do really like her, the problem is having her + Reisen would incline me to finish the lunar faction and get Kaguya and Tewi, which I think are inferior figures.

Alternatively since I'm getting Sakuya and Remilia, I could get China and Patchy... but they're both sub-par figures, too. I would really like to have one of the groups in full, though.
Old 2010-07-31, 05:38   Link #2708
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliya View Post
2Komari
Huh? It's just Tsumugi Nendoroid by GSC.

2Ichihara Asako
I've remembered I saw her photos here. Just thought you may want to check...
What kind of fruit is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
I do really like her, the problem is having her + Reisen would incline me to finish the lunar faction and get Kaguya and Tewi, which I think are inferior figures.

Alternatively since I'm getting Sakuya and Remilia, I could get China and Patchy... but they're both sub-par figures, too. I would really like to have one of the groups in full, though.
Meh, don't buy subpar figures unless you're willing to plunk down a load of money for something you don't want. I keep myself stingy when it comes to expensive hobbies like figure collecting, it (somewhat) keeps my wallet happy. Anyways, I think if you really want one of the groups in full, get the group that has nicer looking figures, unless they cost a bunch more.
Old 2010-07-31, 08:30   Link #2709
Renya

Quote:
What kind of fruit is it?
Think its a passion fruit

Just need some tips, is it worth getting the hina nendoroid made by max factory lol
Been reading up on it and people say it reminds them of lacus >.<
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 09:05   Link #2710
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
Think its a passion fruit

Just need some tips, is it worth getting the hina nendoroid made by max factory lol
Been reading up on it and people say it reminds them of lacus >.<
I personally thinks it looks butt ugly, an abomination to Nendoroids. The eyes are atrocious, they aren't cute; it's a case where I'm not at all happy that they used the original artist's char designs as reference, because in all honesty, Kenjiro Hata isn't good at drawing characters. My personal thoughts. Does that help you?
Old 2010-07-31, 09:32   Link #2711
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Meh, don't buy subpar figures unless you're willing to plunk down a load of money for something you don't want. I keep myself stingy when it comes to expensive hobbies like figure collecting, it (somewhat) keeps my wallet happy. Anyways, I think if you really want one of the groups in full, get the group that has nicer looking figures, unless they cost a bunch more.
Thanks for the convincing argument. I just ordered Eirin. Wait, you didn't convince me not to get her at all! D:
Old 2010-07-31, 12:23   Link #2712
Renya

Quote:
I personally thinks it looks butt ugly, an abomination to Nendoroids. The eyes are atrocious, they aren't cute; it's a case where I'm not at all happy that they used the original artist's char designs as reference, because in all honesty, Kenjiro Hata isn't good at drawing characters. My personal thoughts. Does that help you?
ya it helps :P
i'm having thoughts whether to get it or not still lol, i might not and get the lucky star street fighter set instead of it. Reckon that will be more fun to rearrange with out sets i have lol
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 00:18   Link #2713
Seitsuki
Onee!

I love Hina, but the nendo is not terribly well done imo. doesn't capture her moemoe essence very well, and none of the faces terribly appeal to me (too much frowning. -_- ) Would have liked to get that swimsuit ver, but way too late. But I'll hafta disagree on Hata's drawing skills, they're pretty good to me :D *points at sig*

@Ichihara: what about the Flan figure, I thought that was pretty nice. Would have gotten it except I might also feel the urge to complete the set and there's no way in hell I'm risking that sort of money xD

....and when did they stealth the price of nendos up? I remember the first one I brought was rrp 3k, but there aren't any less than 3.5 now.
Old 2010-08-01, 02:20   Link #2714
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
@Ichihara: what about the Flan figure, I thought that was pretty nice. Would have gotten it except I might also feel the urge to complete the set and there's no way in hell I'm risking that sort of money xD
Flan is sold out, being an earlier release. And honestly she seems a bit lower quality. I would like her, but I'm not paying auction prices.
Old 2010-08-01, 14:40   Link #2715
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I love Hina, but the nendo is not terribly well done imo. doesn't capture her moemoe essence very well, and none of the faces terribly appeal to me (too much frowning. -_- )
I think it does. Hina is the cutest when she's angry or embarrassed about something and non of her figures managed to capture that moe side of her (Cospa came close though). IMHO, the nendo is the first Hina-figure that's actually worth getting
Old 2010-08-01, 17:57   Link #2716
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
I'm thinking about maybe cancelling GSC Hitgai, I really want the Alter Ritsu and this figure is expensive as hell... and there is supposed to be Alter GSC Hitgai as well so I don't know.
Old 2010-08-01, 22:13   Link #2717
Lime soda

Hitagi looks pretty good but I didn't get a full view of her face. All the sample pictures only show her with her back facing us. I'd like to see how well they did with her bangs/ hair, though, from the side it looks okay. I'm being incredibly sparing with what to buy now so I never seriously considered trying to get the figure even though it looks nice. That's mostly because I don't really like Hitagi's character that much. Might be different if you really like her.

Has anyone closely looked at the Alter Saten? I don't know if it's just me but from the pictures, her face looks sorta odd. I can't tell if it's because it's weirdly round or if the mouth isn't well done. Everything else like the hair, eyes and clothes look great. I was hoping for a outstanding figure of her but I kinda disappointed even though its something from Alter.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:29   Link #2718
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I knew it.... there's another metal charm for black rock shooter fans to collect:

Scythe

Re-release on September is the Metal Cannon.
Old 2010-08-02, 19:50   Link #2719
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I knew it.... there's another metal charm for black rock shooter fans to collect:

Scythe

Re-release on September is the Metal Cannon.
The only metal charm I wanted was Excalibur. Which no site that ships outside Japan stocked. And which was sold out about half a year after I saw it anyway.
Old 2010-08-02, 19:57   Link #2720
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Hitagi looks pretty good but I didn't get a full view of her face. All the sample pictures only show her with her back facing us. I'd like to see how well they did with her bangs/ hair, though, from the side it looks okay. I'm being incredibly sparing with what to buy now so I never seriously considered trying to get the figure even though it looks nice. That's mostly because I don't really like Hitagi's character that much. Might be different if you really like her.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/azure_toy_bo...s/1157660.html