AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 23:20   Link #1021
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

^ Haha agreed.
Old 2011-04-15, 23:27   Link #1022
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I know right?! I was thinking the exact same thing! What kind of normal, everyday bike goes that fast, let alone makes those kinds of noises? Talk about over the top nonsense.
I'm more interested in the technical side of it. I recall the bomber only mentioned that if he slowed down, he'd buy the farm, but how the heck would he know how much effort to use with pedaling? Surely the bomb must have a Kph limit, but Kinji's no Lance Armstrong, there's no way anyone would have known how fast he pedals.

But maybe I'll answer my own question. Mr Segway could act as the chase plane, ensuring he kept a certain speed above the Segway's speed. Oh how fun
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:34   Link #1023
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm more interested in the technical side of it. I recall the bomber only mentioned that if he slowed down, he'd buy the farm, but how the heck would he know how much effort to use with pedaling? Surely the bomb must have a Kph limit, but Kinji's no Lance Armstrong, there's no way anyone would have known how fast he pedals.

But maybe I'll answer my own question. Mr Segway could act as the chase plane, ensuring he kept a certain speed above the Segway's speed. Oh how fun
My guess is that's what the remote control robot was for, it probably has a built in radar gun to mark out his speed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:41   Link #1024
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

and judging from the road, theres a blind curve going down so theres a factor it affected his speed during the flat areas.
Old 2011-04-15, 23:43   Link #1025
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and judging from the road, theres a blind curve going down so theres a factor it affected his speed during the flat areas.
Here's a funny thought. What if he accidentally went on an uphill road?

Heck, I'm wondering if Segways can even go that fast, let alone maintain that special balance without spinning out
Old 2011-04-16, 00:31   Link #1026
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Series has great potential, but most of that is lost because of generic Rie loli.
Old 2011-04-16, 00:57   Link #1027
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
That's got to be lamest opening to a story I've ever seen.
Are you kidding? You must not have seen many lame openings then. The series KNOWS it's a generic opening and it actually makes fun of itself for doing it. That negates anything "lame" about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Series has great potential, but most of that is lost because of generic Rie loli.
I disagree because I think she's the cutest (character design-wise) Rie loli so far....but I am biased towards twin tails and pink hair....

Maybe she doesn't bother me because the Rie loli I'm most familiar with is Shana and I've only seen a handful of episodes of Hayate and Zero No Tsukaima. I haven't even watched Toradora yet so seriously, this is no big deal for me.

Kinji himself saves this series from being "too generic", imho. I've watched the episode three times and every time Aria pulls out those twin katana from nowhere, I burst out laughing.

The show obviously isn't supposed to be taken seriously so haters, stop hating and have fun with it!
Or just drop it and don't come back to this thread telling us "it's for idiots" or "how much it sucks", because please, that's just annoying and rude to people who actually like it.
Old 2011-04-16, 01:15   Link #1028
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Also I'm glad JCStaff animated this one so it wasn't filled with stupid fanservice panty shots even in places where they '' should '' have been.
I know, right?
I believe I already went to such lengths as to explain why Aria's skirt shouldn't behave like that... but, other than that, both in the episode and in the PV, there clearly were a couple of scenes where a panty-shot is almost and ultimately inevitable.
You can't have scenes which just scream "upskirt incoming" or "pantyshot = imminent", and then not going all the way with it.
It just feels ridiculous and laughable at best. Irritating and annoying at worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Also, there is literally no place where a pantsu "should" be. It's always a bonus.
Hmm, you might be right.
But, when there's so much focus on her defying physics skirt and legs, coupled that with camera angles and such clearly trying to make you get a view of what's underneath, or even just for titillating purposes, to the point where all you can think of at that moment is: oh, it's coming... a panty-shot is incoming....

yep, I think that's where a pantsu "should" be.
Of course, there also are (more often than not) places where a pantsu "shouldn't" be, and yet it's still there. But this is another story altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't know what else I'm supposed to want from an anime but that's all I really look for. Originality is overrated.
that much I can agree. to some extent.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-04-16 at 02:40.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:55   Link #1029
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Because an anime doesn't need to be original to be entertaining? The episode was a good adaptation of it's material and it kept me watching without boring me at any points. I don't know what else I'm supposed to want from an anime but that's all I really look for. Originality is overrated.

I'm not asking this to be original you know, i just pointed out the major flaws here >_< but yes i do like if there are originality but that isn't exactly the principal focus to me, take Hoshizora for example, i enjoyed that one one much more than this one, and Hoshizora is at first glance another vn/eroge adapatation but they did right what was supposed to be done and thank god lacks some of the major flaws here ( the mc over there is much more likeable as well the girls at first glance and there aren't any generic irritanting Kagumiya loli) but yeah the good points compensated here, the action and the mc in pimp mode, almost like IS >_>
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 02:52   Link #1030
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Did anyone ever complain about Hayate busting ass on a Mamachari?

Well anyways, the parts between harem-comedy and action seemed a bit disjointed to me. They followed the events in the book, but for some reason it felt as if I was watching 2 shows melded into one Oo
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 03:28   Link #1031
Dahak86
Classics never age

ok guys, I take back everything I said. (well, not exactly everything... but a good portion of it)

there definitely were a few pantsu shots here and there (although, hardly catchable) =>

Spoiler for pink?:

once again, thanks 2ch.
Old 2011-04-16, 04:15   Link #1032
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
ok guys, I take back everything I said. (well, not exactly everything... but a good portion of it)

there definitely were a few pantsu shots here and there (although, hardly catchable) =>

Spoiler for pink?:

once again, thanks 2ch.
So our consolation prize is a high-octane scene where the subjects are in a 69 position...

Good enough I guess?

How about yellow, hmm? Or blue, Aria's glowing in pink how can anyone be surprised when her pantsu is pink?

I get the pattern though. Shirayuki and her black bra, Riko's would be yellow, etc...
Old 2011-04-16, 05:32   Link #1033
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Riko's is honey coloured.
Old 2011-04-16, 06:16   Link #1034
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
disagree.... lol
I can't suggest any other seiyuu for Aria......
only Rie can voiced her.....

anyway, enjoy it first... guys!
we do know that there are a lot of potentials in this anime
so watch it until the end.... ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 06:40   Link #1035
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Sorry but a horribly generic show is going to get negative reviews, whether you like it or not. Specially when this season has some promising shows that set the bar pretty high up.
Also, there is literally no place where a pantsu "should" be. It's always a bonus.
And there is nothing wrong with choosing the best known voice for the character type. Its funny that you find something wrong with KugiRie voicing the character type she is most known for but ponder why people would give this generic show negative reviews.
All I'm saying is that I'm tired of having KugiRie everywhere .. same goes for Hirano for that matter. We need some fresh blood for a change, like they fortunately did with Merry ..

And for that pantsu thing, when Aria jumped off that building among other things, the pantsu was never visible which I was saying that was a good thing. It would have been '' realistic '' for it to show, but I'm glad it didn't because with useless fanservice like that this show would have been much worse. For me it's not a bonus, it's something that ruins the show. Well okay, it was seen in couple shots as 2ch has discovered in the image above but in highspeed motion like that you hardly pay attention to small details like that.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:01   Link #1036
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And for that pantsu thing, when Aria jumped off that building among other things, the pantsu was never visible which I was saying that was a good thing. It would have been '' realistic '' for it to show, but I'm glad it didn't because with useless fanservice like that this show would have been much worse.
Hmm. Interesting thought. In my opinion, there was something from that scene that was missing, and it was, surprisingly, some pantsu. But don't get me wrong, it would have made sense to show it, but not cause a rift of blatant fanservice by zooming in on it, as if Kinji had super-vision. Showing it from that faraway camera view they used would have been the sensible fanservice, and zooming in on it would be the series-ruining fanservice.

But staying zoomed out isn't my preferred type of fanservice for this series. Take for example Aria's zoomed in Bra in the storage room. I was woefully surprised because.... of the black shadow, but it made sense because that's really what Kinji was seeing, and then he went all psycho-analysis about it. It's what I call situational fanservice; which I feel fit that part of the story rather well, but was missing from Aria's free-fall because really, my original opinion of why we didn't see some pantsu?

I thought it must have saved a lot for the animating process to simply have the skirt flap in 2 frames the way it (usually) did (instead of the several it would have took to not only flap, but move upwards for that pantsu revealing intention)
Old 2011-04-16, 07:02   Link #1037
tsunade666

only people obsessed in panchira will even spot that when those two was thrown off from the explosion.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:06   Link #1038
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Gunchira, for that matter.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:08   Link #1039
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Here's a funny thought. What if he accidentally went on an uphill road?
Boom.

Anyways, I think that this is one of my favorite shows this season and so far it hasn't deceive me. There aren't too much things in the LN that they took out, and it's better than IS. At least the protagonist is cool, not like some others.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:19   Link #1040
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
only people obsessed in panchira will even spot that when those two was thrown off from the explosion.
OR anyone who is not amused by what he's watching
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere