AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 13:33   Link #81
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

So far, this is my most anticipated Summer series. I really hope that Crunchyroll streams it.

It will be interesting to see how much Okada's absense will be felt from this though.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 13:40   Link #82
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
So far, this is my most anticipated Summer series. I really hope that Crunchyroll streams it.

It will be interesting to see how much Okada's absense will be felt from this though.
To be honest while it is not the series I am most anticipating it is definitely the one I am currently most curious about.
Old 2012-04-26, 14:08   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
To be honest while it is not the series I am most anticipating it is definitely the one I am currently most curious about.
Same here but with Ayahi Takagaki playing a lead role, I can't help be quite exicted for this none the less
Old 2012-04-27, 01:42   Link #84
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I feel so dumb not knowing anything about seiyuus, whilst everyone seems to be excited regarding them . I'm watching this purely because its a PA Works anime original, which have traditionally been a good watch for me... bar Angel Beats. In fact, more often than not, I tend to be discouraged from certain seiyuu VAing certain series (that means you KugRie and Yuki Kaiji :3)
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 02:14   Link #85
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I fine the design appealing but the type genre that this will fall to will decide if I'll watch it or not....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 02:21   Link #86
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Same here but with Ayahi Takagaki playing a lead role, I can't help be quite exicted for this none the less
The girl seriously deserves more lead roles!I thought she'd make it big after playing Noe in True Tears but 4 years later she's still only had mostly supporting roles (and nobody watched phantom so people didn't notice her as Ein) so here's hoping this can boost her career.

Of course the show had me at PA works even before the cast was announced!
Old 2012-04-27, 03:55   Link #87
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The girl seriously deserves more lead roles!I thought she'd make it big after playing Noe in True Tears but 4 years later she's still only had mostly supporting roles (and nobody watched phantom so people didn't notice her as Ein) so here's hoping this can boost her career.
In before Tari Tari has chicken references .

I will laugh my ass off if they make TT cameos/rerferences for this at some stage like they did for Hanasaku Iroha episode 20 (or w/e it was). Which girl is she voicing btw? If it's the temple priest's daughter... then I can imagine her cursing everyone with bad luck :3.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-27 at 04:09.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:59   Link #88
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Site updated today with more artwork, characters, and story. I don't have time to translate anything, but here's the first PV:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 10:09   Link #89
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Site updated today with more artwork, characters, and story. I don't have time to translate anything, but here's the first PV:
This PV gives me Natsuiro Kiseki vibes, albeit without supernatural elements.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:02   Link #90
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

look like there are 2 main male, hope with Okada not being the writer, they will not all turn into failure like Hanasaku Iroha
Old 2012-05-02, 11:12   Link #91
totoum
Me at work

3 girls,2 guys?

PA works giving us an unofficial True Tears sequel?

So Sakai is not only voiced by Takagaki Ayahi but has a meganeko side to her?I like her already
Old 2012-05-02, 11:19   Link #92
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

In all honesty it doesn't look that impressive to me. They haven't given any particular storyline/plotline details, which makes me think that aspect will be particularly weak. If it's just going to be another Natsuiro Kiseki then I might even drop it after a while.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:23   Link #93
ykf566

Wow, seems like one of the male main character comes from Australia (where i happen to live).
Male main foreigners aren't very common are they?
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:50   Link #94
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Wow there's so many mixed reactions after the PV. If it's going to be like True Tears, then it will be good, but not as quite, but if it's like Natsuiro Kiseki, then most people will probably have bad feelings (including me, but I really don't mind if it's going to be like NatsuKise).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:51   Link #95
Pocari_Sweat

You know, I'm more inclined to agree with Haak this time in that it was not as impressive as I thought it will be. Though story/plot doesn't have to that impressive as I usually don't watch Slice of life/drama for plot/story matters. However, some things I do care about felt LACKING.

Firstly it appears PA Works cutting budget AGAIN? That was not "SHINY" enough for PA standards. The character designs seem like a economic version of Hanasaku Iroha models and the background art isn't as detailed as past works (Another doesn't count, since that was made on a low budget). What's going on PA? Why you turn suddenly less shiny these days?

Second, the atmosphere. I didn't ... feel anything. It wasn't comedic, it wasn't dramatic, it wasn't nostalgic, heck it didn't even seem sugary/"derp" moe which is what Kyoani seems to do a lot of. The music also felt quite bland. Heck I'm preferring emonano.ripe inserts songs from HSI atm, which I didn't like much either.

Crap... I may have jinxed this series by celebrating no Mari Okada about a few weeks ago. Looks like Mari Okada -is- needed for this kind of series... you just need a extra thickness, extra length leash to come with it . Then again, it's only the first PV so I might be overreacting again . I recall HSI PVs being unimpressive until its 4th one. Maybe PA is saving all their money for Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home

There was some good points though: 3 girls 2 guys! It's not a all female cast so SHIPPING TROLLING is a possibility! Also Isurugi Noe's VA! I'm still expecting chicken references sometime in the future.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:13   Link #96
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Then again, it's only the first PV so I might be overreacting again . I recall HSI PVs being unimpressive until its 4th one. Maybe PA is saving all their money for Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home
Hanasaku Iroha did not have any P.A. Works animation until the 4th PV. Tari Tari had animation in its first PV.

I too did not feel the excitement I thought I would feel after reading about the summary. I can't explain it; it's just not triggering anything from me like Hanairo did when I first saw PV 4 (it was the first one I saw).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:18   Link #97
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm cautiously looking forward to this. Visually, it looks bland, and there isn't enough of a premise for me to hook on to yet. But I'm a sucker for slice-of-life and original anime, and at least the music in the PV was pleasant to hear.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:37   Link #98
konart

Too much shitty CG
Old 2012-05-02, 13:01   Link #99
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh boy. It's the return of Team Taichi a mere 3 months after Chihayafuru's run! Where do I sign?
Old 2012-05-02, 13:33   Link #100
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Oh boy. It's the return of Team Taichi a mere 3 months after Chihayafuru's run! Where do I sign?
I'm not sure where you get that impression apart from Seto Asami in the cast?

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works