AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 36 32.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-01, 06:37   Link #61
Awrya
U mad?

Funny episode, if KyoAni keeps it up it may be one of the best anime this season.

Fukuyama's change from Yuuta to Lelouch was good, he even made poses that Lelouch would do
Old 2012-11-01, 06:59   Link #62
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So I have to ask: Contrary to the assumption that she's completely convinced of her persona, does she in fact have some self awareness that she's not entirely who she thinks she is? Does she have some small knowledge that she's trying to live a magical fantasy life but in the back of her mind is aware of what reality is and isn't?
The first episode already hinted that she realized from the get go that her fantasy does not exist (notably the use of colored lens).

That's the very reason why "chuuni" shouldn't be translated as "being delusional" like some people did before. The title of the localized english release is just that inaccurate.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:25   Link #63
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post

There are so many scenes like this! Kumin (and everyone else) is way too cute.

Avatar version. I figured I might as well. Let me know if it's too big. I made it 99kB.
claimed it !!!

so anyway, it's been a long time that I enjoyed anime like this episode probabaly the last time is with haruhi movie....
Old 2012-11-01, 07:42   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The first episode already hinted that she realized from the get go that her fantasy does not exist (notably the use of colored lens).

That's the very reason why "chuuni" shouldn't be translated as "being delusional" like some people did before. The title of the localized english release is just that inaccurate.
I'm just surprised that we had to get up to Episode 5 for people to start realizing that
Old 2012-11-01, 08:28   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was very funny as usual, and cuter than ever. Now that the character introductions are done, they are starting to develop Yuuta, Rikka, and their relationship. I loved their interaction in this episode. Yuuta now knows how to deal with Rikka, as evidenced by the way he managed to motivate her to study. That was nicely played on his part.

For the first time in the series, a bit of drama arose. It was strongly hinted that Rikka is a very lonely person (but is she lonely because she is chuu2 or is she chuu2 because she is lonely?), the only people close to her are her sister and Dekomori, and her sister is apparently rarely home. At least now she can add Yuuta and Kumin to her list of friends. Shinka... I'm not sure about that.

I concur what has already been said: Rikka's smile at the end of the episode was heart-attack inducing. So adorable <3
Hope we'll see more heart-warming moments like this one in fugure episodes.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:24   Link #66
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This week's episode was really good. We finally got some look into Rikka's personal life and the reason she resulted into fantasies.
Old 2012-11-01, 09:58   Link #67
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Great episode. The house scene with Tooka and Yumeha was so adorable~ xD
Old 2012-11-01, 09:58   Link #68
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

by look of it hmm look things are slowly hmm something to happen.

give mostly on rikka's probs with math cause if get yikes so long the club so trying shrine praying then pool cleaning but nope.

so yuuta give math training for rikka give she trying to not working then after some determine & talk well she barely made it.

with dark flame speech all smile on rikka.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2012-11-01, 10:55   Link #69
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The true heroine of this series:
Old 2012-11-01, 11:22   Link #70
Insane
Banned

With the nice blushing scene of Rikka.......FINALLY the "koi" part of this show began to kick in!
Old 2012-11-01, 11:27   Link #71
ChronoReverse

I like how even Dekomori drops out of Chuunibyou-Mode (although she flipped back quickly) when it was revealed that Rikka completely sucks at math.

It's quite clear that "delusion" isn't quite the right translation as all the characters, even the ones who sink deeply into chuunibyou-mode, are quite able to delineate real-life from their fantasies.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:43   Link #72
inisipis

It's a very lovely and very entertaining episode. It presented us with different aspect on why we love this show. There some hilarious slapstick's in the beginning, jealousy to a love triangle, a burgeoning romance and strong hints of a characters past and problems.

I guess we can assume that Rikka parents are divorced, like I suspect from the OP picture I posted, that It might have triggered Rikka to fall deeper in into her Chuuni problem as a way to escape from the harsh reality. It also probably made her distant from her sister, who seems bitter with the whole thing and just wanted Rikka to be like her, stop fantasizing and admit the hard truth that our parents don't care about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I also found interesting when Rikka hits Yuuta with the broom in the pool scene. "My hand slipped" was obviously an excuse.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong in what Yuuta had just said right before, so I can only conclude that she didn't like that he was talking with Shinka.
I can't think of anything else, but it's strange, he wasn't really doing anything that he didn't do before a lot of times...
I think because Yuuta was briefly ogling Shinka's sexy figure(after that male gaze shot) that it made him pause for a while before getting back to talk. Rikka doesn't like to show it in her face but she's very much displeased, yes siree.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:08   Link #73
adamatari

This was definitely a turning point episode. The main cast is all together and the starting points at least are laid out. Rikka was unbearably cute, Dekomori pulling out the top marks was priceless, and Shinka being teased by Kumin-sempai and her reactions were hilarious.

I think that this and the lite episode together paint an interesting picture of Shinka - I think it's clear that she likes hanging out with the group but just can't admit it. She's with them in all the scenes, and even the missing pom-poms are a bit suspicious. She doesn't seem like she's in a hurry to get them, plus why would they be left in the club room? The whole thing seems like an excuse. Then she goes and admits that she has no interest in cheerleading anyway during the pool cleaning scene, where she protests that she's not even part of the club - yet she's there cleaning! The lite episode shows that the truth is showing through and her attempts to protect her image are slowly being undermined. But she's obviously enjoying her war with Dekomori anyway.

So pretty much her actions and words are in complete conflict. I think Rikka is safe to count her in the circle of friends.
Old 2012-11-01, 12:25   Link #74
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The true heroine of this series:
aw mah gawwwddddd
Old 2012-11-01, 12:28   Link #75
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Oh my GODDDDD Rikka just went up in my charts to rival Nibutani...

I feel bad in doubting her cuteness in the first place.... also, her sister is shown to be quite good as well...

Not many times can I say that an anime puts me in a good mood, but this does.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-01, 12:30   Link #76
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Great episode. The house scene with Tooka and Yumeha was so adorable~ xD
It was also a very clever way of hinting at family problems for Rikka, while softening the tone with some comedy.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:47   Link #77
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. "delusion" -- Not actual delusion. Maybe a compulsive reaction to unpleasant reality? When discussions in the staff room turn bad for her, Rikka drifts off into chuunibyou fantasies that make her feel better but do not actually solve the problem. You could also call it childish -- middle-school age child -- because it does not match reality. In Dekomori's and Nibutani's cases, perhaps they were driven to it by the fact that (a) they were too smart to find school work challenging, and (b) their intelligence and pride made them objects of dislike for the other students. Dekomori had to go to a higher grade to find a friend; Rikka had to go to a lower one. The reason Rikka had no friends may show up soon in the anime. I guess her parents' divorce will be part of it.

2. Early this morning (actually Thursday evening Tokyo time) there was a live broadcast of an open recording of the show's radio program, featuring the four main female seiyuus. They all showed up in full gothic lolita outfits. I have put a post with pics in the Voice Actor thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-01 at 14:10.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:30   Link #78
kimpleng
Lurker

Why they still wearing school uniform when at home?
Please don't say because it is easier to animate or they don't need to mess with another custom colour palette.
Is this ordinary in Japan, student wearing their uniform although they already at home?
Old 2012-11-01, 17:05   Link #79
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I was going to say that maybe Yuuta and Rikka went directly to Touka's apartment, but I realized that it's hinted that Yuuta dined with his family (which is why his sister asks where he is after she is already cleaning the dishes) and Rikka dined alone.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I didn't quite think about it during the first time I watched the episode but Yuuta most likely imagined Rikka eating alone while watching at the leftovers. This is probably when he started to realize how lonely she is, and that's probably why he decided to start cleaning.

In other words it's not like Yuuta has the same OCD of the MC of Toradora, that was his way to show his sympathy to Rikka.

This is one of the reasons I really like this anime, there's so many little things that you can only see when you pay close attention to them.

Old 2012-11-01, 17:14   Link #80
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This is one of the reasons I really like this anime, there's so many little things that you can only see when you pay close attention to them.
It's also one of the reasons why I like KyoAni so much. They put a lot of thought into all the details.
Closed Thread