AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 15:02   Link #881
alluka

This episode was better than the rest. The way Ryosai died and that innocent look of Aladdin was disturbing
Oh and I wonder if we'll see Hakuryuu again
Spoiler for XD Where's her horse!?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Or worse, just like they were omitted at the start, they're entirely omitted from the anime.
Sahsa and Laila will definitely appear, their character designs are here in previous posts.
Old 2012-11-09, 17:37   Link #882
Ghanw
(-_-)

For some reason they keep forgetting details like Alibaba's trademark and like above, are they too busy or slacking on details. :|
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 20:53   Link #883
Meepy
stupid & obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
Sahsa and Laila will definitely appear, their character designs are here in previous posts.
Yes, and the episode 6 preview on the site shows the two;
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:44   Link #884
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well that's a comfort. FOUR BOOBS THAT DID NOT FALL INTO THE PITS OF OBSECURITY.

As for the dissapearing horse, well, the fallen body of Goltas dissapeared completely from the entire scene during episode 3 mere seconds after he hit the ground, until he suddenly reappeared at the end.
Old 2012-11-10, 11:09   Link #885
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I just got into the series a couple of days ago, watched the five episodes that have aired, and am totally in love. This series feels so fresh and new and I really like the combination of ideas that went into creating it. First of all, I haven't seen any anime tackle the arabian setting before, even though there probably are some. Secondly, I like how they gave the series a video gamey touch in the veins of Sword Art Online, by introducing the concept of Dungeons. I enjoy all of the major characters, the art style is great and the story so far is really intriguing - although the series has felt kind of rushed here and there, especially in episode 3.

I will definitely follow this series. I hope the story will stay that interesting, though. There have been a couple of Shonen anime that started out with great concepts but quickly degenerated to a boring mess. I hope this will not be the case with Magi, but when you have a little boy bathing in beautiful female chests like it's the most common thing to do, it can hardly get boring.
Old 2012-11-11, 03:30   Link #886
Kazu-kun

Just watched the live stream. Seeing Morgiana kicking serious ass was pretty awesome, but I felt the anime failed to capture her desperation when the little girl was about to be eaten by the hyenas. In the manga Morgiana goes frenetic trying to break her shackles at that moment, so when she finally does it is a pretty big moment for her (emotionally speaking). In the anime it didn't felt half as dramatic, unfortunately.
Old 2012-11-11, 05:01   Link #887
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat Mor on the come up

Don't know if the guys ranked, like 10 pages behind on the thread this pic was posted in, shoutouts to Articalys and GAF.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:09   Link #888
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ahahahahaha, oh wow.
The latest episode had a big blooper on the animator's end.

The cell instruction by the animation director got left behind on the walls, and painted over.
You can see the Japanese instructions written on the walls LOL.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-11, 12:09   Link #889
Freeter
beyond

Didn't bother checking this show out before since I kept hearing people ragging on it, but Morgiana totally sold me with this ep. Any girl who can kick a white tiger's face in deserves to be #1 on any character list.

Is this her first prominent episode, or has she had some good screentime in the previous ones?
Old 2012-11-11, 12:18   Link #890
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Didn't bother checking this show out before since I kept hearing people ragging on it, but Morgiana totally sold me with this ep. Any girl who can kick a white tiger's face in deserves to be #1 on any character list.

Is this her first prominent episode, or has she had some good screentime in the previous ones?
It's her first prominent episode (though she had a couple of nice displays of strength and a short fight against Aladdin) but some of her best scenes are mostly in the arc that starts next episode.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:12   Link #891
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ahahahahaha, oh wow.
The latest episode had a big blooper on the animator's end.

The cell instruction by the animation director got left behind on the walls, and painted over.
You can see the Japanese instructions written on the walls LOL.

Spoiler:
ROFL! I thought you had exceptionally sharp eyes, but I rewatched the part in 720p, and it was clear as daylight.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:20   Link #892
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was fun watching Morgiana just kick serious ass in this episode. Smoked some bandits, roared away hyenas, and then beat the snot out of giant tigers . It's at this moment that I'm rather amazed Alibaba or Aladdin didn't die when she landed clear hits on them before.

A good episode focusing on her past and breaking through that mental block. Though damn I had to laugh at Aladdin appearing at the end captured with the rest of that group .
Old 2012-11-11, 13:24   Link #893
ookamigirl

Morgiana joined a nice bunch of girls, good for her.
Seeing slaves again really got to her.
Flashbacks from her past were far from pleasant.
It's still amazing that such a small girl could do so much damage.
From one slavery to another.... she pushed her luck too far.
I'm glad she overcame her fears.
It's lucky Aladdin was there to help out.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:36   Link #894
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So this was a great episode and the animation was boss, but I'm a little confused. So half a year has passed since episode 3? wtf?? I thought it would only take Aladin two weeks to get to Qishan or was he in enslavement that long? And how did Aladin know Alibaba was in Balbadd..and what is he doing in Balbadd anyway? And if he went there why didn't he take Morgiana with him? Or will all this be revealed later?
Old 2012-11-11, 14:43   Link #895
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So this was a great episode and the animation was boss, but I'm a little confused. So half a year has passed since episode 3? wtf?? I thought it would only take Aladin two weeks to get to Qishan or was he in enslavement that long? And how did Aladin know Alibaba was in Balbadd..and what is he doing in Balbadd anyway? And if he went there why didn't he take Morgiana with him? Or will all this be revealed later?
In short: yes, all will be revealed soon.
Old 2012-11-11, 14:45   Link #896
Kazu-kun

Quote:
And how did Aladin know Alibaba was in Balbadd..
He told him he would be there when they were getting out of the dungeon.

Quote:
and what is he doing in Balbadd anyway?
This will be revealed later. It's the point of the arc.

Quote:
And if he went there why didn't he take Morgiana with him?
Why would he do that? Morgiana is free to do whatever she wants. Besides Alibaba when to Balbad for personal reasons.
Old 2012-11-11, 14:46   Link #897
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Okay, and also was Aladin meeting those girls ever mentioned in the show before this ep or was that some manga material that got cut?
Old 2012-11-11, 14:49   Link #898
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Okay, and also was Aladin meeting those girls ever mentioned in the show before this ep or did that happen during the six month time gap?
He met with those girls before he met Alibaba. It was the first chapter of the manga, which the anime skipped over.
Old 2012-11-11, 14:54   Link #899
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yea after rewatching their conversation I figured that. I feel like I should read the manga but I want to wait till the show is over lol.
Old 2012-11-11, 16:12   Link #900
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Mor battle scene is fast paced as I expected

did they decide to change battle between Mor vs Maurenian Sabertooth from night into day?

IIRC from the pv/trailer that we had before the anime airing, that battle was supposed to take place during night time

Quote:
Yea after rewatching their conversation I figured that. I feel like I should read the manga but I want to wait till the show is over lol.
at this point, I think it will be fine to just read the skipped first chapter

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen