AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 12:20   Link #761
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
P.S. What kind of name is "Neighbours Club". Call it a "Loners Club" or "Haters club" imo.
Well, we sorta did take the later.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 12:30   Link #762
larethian

What's with the K-ON op?
Slow pacing but nice start nevertheless. At this rate, it's unlikely they'll pass volume 3, but then again they might choose to skip some stories (though I hope they don't, especially the outrageous ones skipped by the manga).
I glanced through some comments, and I have to giggle a little about some impressions on certain characters. Oh boy oh boy, I shall look forward to reading this thread.
Generic harem? Not in a million years! A word of advice, don't eat or drink while watching this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 12:35   Link #763
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yozora and Sena bickering with each other in the new club room reminded me of the first time Kuroneko and Kirino of Ore no Imouto fame met....

Which I guess is a plus for me as I enjoyed Ore no Imouto quite a bit.
Old 2011-10-07, 12:37   Link #764
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hmm... it will not be bad if I have some beautiful friends like Yozora and Sena

they just want to be themselves so they're lack of friends... but in that way, they will find true friends.... xD
There is a reason that they have no friend, you know.
I'd like to have Sena, though.
Old 2011-10-07, 13:06   Link #765
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Senna --> Itou Kanae --> Instant awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:10   Link #766
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Pretty decent first ep. Love the chibi previews. :3

But if it goes down the ecchi route, then fuck it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:28   Link #767
Jaden

So the main character meets an eccentric girl and inspires her to create her own eccentric club that the main character is somewhat unwillingly compelled to join... Wait, seriously? I'm amazed that this got published without being sued.. But I'll give it the benefit of doubt for now, since it DID get its own anime.
Old 2011-10-07, 13:40   Link #768
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Wait, seriously? I'm amazed that this got published without being sued..
How come? <_<
It's actually pretty entertaining read.
And unique in its own way.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2011-10-07 at 14:09.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:52   Link #769
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
So the main character meets an eccentric girl and inspires her to create her own eccentric club that the main character is somewhat unwillingly compelled to join... Wait, seriously? I'm amazed that this got published without being sued..
Mainly because the supposed "goddess" is a pretty cliché character
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:53   Link #770
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
So the main character meets an eccentric girl and inspires her to create her own eccentric club that the main character is somewhat unwillingly compelled to join... Wait, seriously? I'm amazed that this got published without being sued.. But I'll give it the benefit of doubt for now, since it DID get its own anime.
Honestly I think you're just exaggerating the similarities, which are really only skin deep. I got Haruhi vibes too but only briefly. If this could be considered a rip off then so can 90% of anime out there.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:12   Link #771
Candyshark

Overall i'm pleased so far. OP is too hyper for me. ED is ok thank you Marina. Yes in its essence it is harem or love comedy, but characters participate a lot as group so newcomers should forget about it. Also interesting how will the preferences shift of those who is new to Tomo sukunai. Anyway i'm in Yozora camp till the end. Basicly i get here more expressive Matsurika.

Marina might not be 100% convincing as Yozora's cast but her voice make sweet part to stand out more in surprise factor. Knowing that her and Kanae are friends adds hilarity to series. Would be awesome if they cast comments or OreImouto style extras to BD.

Animationwise it captures Buriki's design well enough without being too similar to Shaft.

P.S. Can't wait till certain perverted scientist shows up.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:19   Link #772
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Senna --> Itou Kanae --> Instant awesome.
Well, yeah, those are pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well.

Genuinely pretty funny show too.
Old 2011-10-07, 15:37   Link #773
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Decided to give this one a shot since it's the only "comedy" show that piqued my interest this season. Thankfully I'm not regretting it. I didn't find it downright funny, but it was amusing enough, and that's more than I can say for other anime I've watched. I'll follow this one this season.

I'm glad it's trying the tackle the issue of social awkwardness too. Something I imagine a lot of anime fans can relate to. The poor main character getting judged as a delinquent only because his hair is blonde and his first impression was rather inconvenient, and now the whole school is scared of him. I found that more unique than just him just being a nerdy socially inept character.

The girls aren't bad but they're already pretty cliche. Realistically I don't think either of them would have problems getting friends either, especially the rich girl, but I guess this show needs to have pretty/cute girls to appeal to it's niche audience.

All-in-all, it's looking like I made a good choice for a plot-less anime this season.
Old 2011-10-07, 16:38   Link #774
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Has anyone noticed that Yukimura seems to not be wearing any panties in the OP?
The poor thing couldn't pick between male or female undergarments, so went commando for the OP

Quote:
And this is the only similarities with Haruhi, characters seem very different, and it's my understanding that the show won't revolve around ESPers, time-travelers and aliens.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 18:42   Link #775
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
What's with the K-ON op?
Same guy who did the K-ON op it seems
Old 2011-10-07, 19:41   Link #776
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I love the Denpa Onna-style artwork here, and the animation is nice. I also like Kodaka well enough. All the character designs are good so far.

Two girls in a war of words has never been my favorite sort of anime comedy though, lol

Still, Yozora and Sena both have intriguing character elements that gives this show some good potential.

One thing that stands out to me in a pretty distracting way: Yozora's voice seems really deep to me. She sounds much more like an adult than a teenager to me. Maybe this is due to anime having too many high-pitched female characters? I'm honestly now curious if Yozora's voice is more common for Japanese teenage girls than the sort of voices were used to hearing in anime.
Old 2011-10-07, 21:01   Link #777
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A girl starting a club and dragging a a guy this seem some how like Haruhi
Old 2011-10-07, 21:28   Link #778
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
A girl starting a club and dragging a a guy this seem some how like Haruhi
And it really stops there...seriously, it's not like this is the first anime that involved people starting some random clubs anyway...

Hack, SOS-den has 2 dudes and 3 girls, while Rinjinbu has 1 dude, 5 girls, and a Yukimura...

Quote:
But if it goes down the ecchi route, then fuck it.
In Rika's imagination, maybe...the most ecchi it will get is when Sena starts being Kirino anyway...

Quote:
Yozora and Sena bickering with each other in the new club room reminded me of the first time Kuroneko and Kirino of Ore no Imouto fame met....
In some sense you do have a Kirino-Kuroneko pairing in this series, but it's not Yozora & Sena, nor they're bound by the bond shared by Kirino & KN.

Quote:
All-in-all, it's looking like I made a good choice for a plot-less anime this season.
It's certainly not plot-less. All stuff happen for a reason but it's just that the puzzle won't get connect until much later...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 21:38   Link #779
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Haha I knew it! I should have bet money with kuroishinigami that people would compare this with Haruhi
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 21:40   Link #780
larethian

Rika's taste can be a little hard to appreciate. I'd say even though there's a theme behind the story, by my own grading system, it's pretty much 'plot-less', at least for the 4 volumes I've read, and it's unlikely the anime will go beyond that. And I find comparing this to Haruhi just by ONE thing absolutely silly. For the record, there are a few 'make your own club and drag the guy in' stories that I've never even thought of comparing it to Haruhi before today!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen