AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-08, 16:37   Link #81
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So any anime that has girls and musical instruments is now K-ON? Are we really going to generalize that far? I mean yeah, a concert band club and light music club are pretty well exactly the same thing .

You could have some hilarious bad comparisons if that's how far you are going to stretch it.
I know a guy who essentially deemed Tari Tari to be a lame version of K-On based on the first episode.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 18:27   Link #82
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
As someone who likes K-on! and Hibike! Euphonium, I say they are alike insofar as they are Kyoani shows about 4 girls in a music club. The way they differ is that K-on was a comedy about 4 girls who just so happen to be in a music club. Hibike! Euphonium is, as far as I can tell from just 1 episode, about 4 girls who seem to be passionate about music.
You can't make a brass band out of four members.
Just look at the crowd inside the clubroom. There's easily more than twenty people inside, and that's putting aside Hazuki, Reina, Sapph and Kumiko.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 18:42   Link #83
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm going to break ranks a bit with some of the comments on this thread, by saying that I honestly prefer Kumiko with her hair down and loose.

Now, I think she also looks good with her hair in a ponytail, but with the loose-hair look, her hair has this amazing fullness and fluffiness and luxuriousness to it that I very much like.

Also, with Kumiko's hair in a ponytail, I really struggled to get Ui Hirasawa out of my mind. Kumiko with a ponytail made me think a lot of Ui, just in a different art style.

In fact, I wonder if that visual similarity might have played into the K-On! comparisons this show has received. Because I see very minimal similarity between this main cast and the main cast of K-On!
Old 2015-04-08, 18:51   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In terms of the Kumiko hair debate....I'm on the fence. I do like the hair down now that it's in motion and not just with the promo images. But at the same time I do kind of prefer the ponytail, as a look it worked for her .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
You can't make a brass band out of four members.
Just look at the crowd inside the clubroom. There's easily more than twenty people inside, and that's putting aside Hazuki, Reina, Sapph and Kumiko.
Well in highschool we did make a brass ensemble with a couple trumpets, a euphonium, a french horn, and I believe a tuba. But that would still be five instruments and not actually a concert band .
Old 2015-04-08, 19:10   Link #85
IceHism

I'd like kumiko's hair down if it was longer. It just reminds me of Maki from LL right now and I never really liked her hair or this particular style. Now if it was more like watashi from Jintai that would be pretty funny.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 19:50   Link #86
whitecloud

Yamaha is teaming up with the new TV anime Sound! Euphonium to promote the sales of Yamaha musical equipment. Customers who purchase 50000 yen ($416.83 US) worth of wind, percussion, or stringed musical instruments will be eligible to win prizes.

no wonder it got good animation....YAMAHA is throwing them money...
Old 2015-04-08, 20:13   Link #87
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That 50k yen is the price of a pair of bulky speakers (42k yen, discounted).
In comparison, the metronome/tuner featured in the episode, a Yamaha TDM-75, is worth 2800 yen.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-04-08, 21:21   Link #88
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This king of feels like tamako market and the glasses girl seems to be a lot of fun

MC look better with the ponytail
Old 2015-04-08, 21:37   Link #89
Psyco Diver

I don't know where I fall on this show, I got a feeling I may pass on it and I think thats because while I like music I never was into this kind of music.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 21:41   Link #90
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That 50k yen is the price of a pair of bulky speakers (42k yen, discounted).
In comparison, the metronome/tuner featured in the episode, a Yamaha TDM-75, is worth 2800 yen.
Maybe they expecting the fan to buy trombone or something?
Old 2015-04-08, 21:52   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I can't even find a trombone or any of the brass or woodwinds on Amazon. Maybe they need a custom touch or something or are made to order.

Old 2015-04-08, 21:59   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This show is going to keep reminding me that I wouldn't mind saving up to get my own Euphonium down the road .
Old 2015-04-08, 22:09   Link #93
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This show is going to keep reminding me that I wouldn't mind saving up to get my own Euphonium down the road .
Order from YAMAHA?..show us the grab bag....
Old 2015-04-08, 22:23   Link #94
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, with Kumiko's hair in a ponytail, I really struggled to get Ui Hirasawa out of my mind. Kumiko with a ponytail made me think a lot of Ui, just in a different art style.

In fact, I wonder if that visual similarity might have played into the K-On! comparisons this show has received. Because I see very minimal similarity between this main cast and the main cast of K-On!
Dangit RRR, now I can't un-see that!
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 22:46   Link #95
HandofFate

Any want to expand a bit more of "Sapphire"s name and how the teacher tried to read it?
Old 2015-04-09, 00:02   Link #96
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
And we have it. K-ON v2. Completely waste of time.
So you didn't actually watch it then. Okay.

Solid first episode that shows that this could possibly give Hyouka a run for its money. The visuals are gorgeous and the sound is nice. Overall the show is a treasure so far. Looking forward to the next episode.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 00:42   Link #97
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Any want to expand a bit more of "Sapphire"s name and how the teacher tried to read it?
Wasn't it Ryokuki?

Old 2015-04-09, 01:51   Link #98
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post

Yamaha is teaming up with the new TV anime Sound! Euphonium to promote the sales of Yamaha musical equipment. Customers who purchase 50000 yen ($416.83 US) worth of wind, percussion, or stringed musical instruments will be eligible to win prizes.

no wonder it got good animation....YAMAHA is throwing them money...
Great idea by Yamaha, but I have a feeling that most of the viewers will just display this instruments, let alone place it to a real-life background of Sound! Euphonium. Speaking of real-life background, I'm curious on what this series takes place? I know that it's from the Kansai region, but where?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 03:31   Link #99
whitecloud

just...when K-on took place there is an increase in guitar sales...maybe that what they're hoping?
Old 2015-04-09, 07:04   Link #100
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
So you didn't actually watch it then. Okay.

Solid first episode that shows that this could possibly give Hyouka a run for its money. The visuals are gorgeous and the sound is nice. Overall the show is a treasure so far. Looking forward to the next episode.
I'm not yet sure this show is anywhere near Hyouka. It's beautifully animated, and the characters are (so far) well-realized with only minor regressions into the sort of cliches and sight-gags that typified K-ON!. With that being said, I do like it quite a lot.

Tags
band, high school drama, music, orchestra