AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 19:14   Link #27001
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yup, don't know & don't care.
Cared enough to reply back a few times...
Old 2012-08-15, 19:17   Link #27002
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Cared enough to reply back a few times...
Not for your writing style, but more to my comments that you quoted.
Old 2012-08-15, 22:44   Link #27003
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Oh stop feeding him attention Obelisk, he will get a boner and start spamming his MG wishlists again.

Do anyone here own the MG Heavyarms? if so, can you rate it? i checked Dalong's for the basic pictures but i' rather get a owners opinion.

Does it hold the gatling gun well and can it support the weight?

Flimsy or firm?

can it stand nicely without a stand or is it a must?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 22:58   Link #27004
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Oh stop feeding him attention Obelisk, he will get a boner and start spamming his MG wishlists again.

Do anyone here own the MG Heavyarms? if so, can you rate it? i checked Dalong's for the basic pictures but i' rather get a owners opinion.

Flimsy or firm?

Heavyarms is a pretty great kit. Most people I've talked to actually feel it's the best out of all the Wing MG's. I don't quite agree as I think Epyon is better, that said HA is far more stable and less prone to breaking.

Heavyarms access, are all amazing. Most are on his body but they handled them great and all stay in place and look fantastic. No real loose parts to speak of, and even the Gatling stays very well once you get it in the hand, though that can be a bit of a hassle.

Overall a very strong 8.5 on overall quality. Aside from the wonky knees which I don't really care for the model has very few downsides. I haven't used a stand with him once and he has been standing next to Wing EW and Epyon since he came out.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 23:06   Link #27005
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Apparently my last reply shut him up (for now) .

Quote:

Flimsy or firm?

Maybe my previous post can help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, I’m finally done finishing my Heavyarms. A minor panel-lining, putting on some decals (many of them in difficult places), and paint the missiles. Here’s the final product:
Spoiler for Don't peek! ^_^:

Right now, I’m still working on my MG Wing Ka since I’m starting to collect MG Wing EW.
I'll give it a 9.0 ^^.

You can also check the page since other posters asked some question about it there.
Old 2012-08-16, 05:44   Link #27006
Akyra

Just wanna add my 2cents re MG HA.

I had no problems with the kit. HA can hold the the gattling horizontally aiming forward (I haven't tried extending the arm to full horizontal position.)

Having said that, I personally had a problem attaching the ammo belt from the ammo cache to the actual gattling because it was a bit short IMHO. Other than that, I have no problems with it.

The entire Wing MG line (incl the Wing Zero OVA) looks and feels amazing. I am now waiting for Tallgeese and Wing Zero TV (and perhaps D Hell, Altron and Nataku). Well worth it...

TBH, I personally rate the Deathscythe above all the other ones, including Epyon. Then again, I've always loved the Deathschythe since day dot...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 06:40   Link #27007
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
I do agree on the ammo belt also else everything the kit is great imo for heavyarms
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 06:57   Link #27008
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I also concur that the ammo belt can be a bit longer, but for what it’s worth, it’s good enough. As you can see in my pics above, the gatling-gun can be fully extended forward and the ammo-belt’s length can still support it. Also, the “Rambo knife” can be a little flimsy, but that’s a very minor complain compared to the solidness of the entire body.

Note: If you don’t like the nature of Wing EW MG’s hands/manipulator, that’s more minus for you.
Old 2012-08-16, 09:16   Link #27009
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Thanks for the info ^^/ it's on the " to buy " list
Old 2012-08-16, 20:45   Link #27010
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I've been looking at the releases for the kits of AGE gen3, and you can tell Bandai is already starting to give up. All they have made so far is:

AGE-3
AGE-3 Orbital
AGE-FX
Danazine
Clanche
Gundam Legilis
Ghirarga
G-Exes Jackedge
AGE-2 Darkhound

No Wrozzo, Gomel, Adele Cannon, Adele MKII, and Clanche Custom.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-08-16 at 21:07.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 22:14   Link #27011
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m torn between feeling good & bad if Bandai really did giving up on AGE kits. A part of me wanted to get AGE-2 Darkhound, AGE-3 Normal and AGE FX MGs. But if the sales are indeed poor, I’d like Bandai to concentrate on giving us more SEED & Wing MGs and more UC kits which makes another part of me very happy.

PS: and I hope after a blunder that AGE is, Sunrise & Bandai learn their lesson not to make a "dumbed-down" Gundam series like this again. Even that failure X has better story than AGE.
Old 2012-08-17, 00:58   Link #27012
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I've been looking at the releases for the kits of AGE gen3, and you can tell Bandai is already starting to give up. All they have made so far is:

AGE-3
AGE-3 Orbital
AGE-FX
Danazine
Clanche
Gundam Legilis
Ghirarga
G-Exes Jackedge
AGE-2 Darkhound

A pity, too - the AGE third gen MS were shaping up to be much more interesting than the first two generations.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 01:44   Link #27013
FalsePrime

Can't say I've been all that happy with the AGE-3 suits.

Granted AGE -3 being so similar to ZZ made me hype for it, and I certainly would get a MG if ever made but as it is the only two MG's that likely won't get made and I really wish were are G Bouncer (Wolf needs some MG love) and Dark Hound.

Everything else is more just kinda Meh-Decent and nothing that I really feel I need.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 11:40   Link #27014
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:

AGE-3
AGE-3 Orbital
AGE-FX
Danazine
Clanche
Gundam Legilis
Ghirarga
G-Exes Jackedge
AGE-2 Darkhound

Im sad and concerned that bandai didnt bother with The fortress, it doesnt make sense but suppose its the same with the strike and impulse variants that didnt get HG treatment, its just sad they didnt bother completing it and that said i would have wanted the HG Khronos from gen 2
Old 2012-08-17, 19:38   Link #27015
skyboy928

Quote:

Flimsy or firm?

i just post my MG heavy Arm recently
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/41920/M...rm+Gundam.html

i compare this to my HG Heavy Arm Custom from many year ago, i would say this kit is pretty nice, but there's definitely room for improvement, since many part is almost exactly the same as the HG version from many years ago. that's seem kinda sad, but still a great kit to have if you are fans of Wing's series.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 03:04   Link #27016
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i'm not really a fan of the Wing series, i'm buying it because it has a gatling gun and lots of lots of missiles, lol

i think i'm going to attempt a repaint in Ez8's colorscheme. I saw one a few years ago and it looked great

Edit:

Old 2012-08-18, 06:26   Link #27017
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:

AGE-3
AGE-3 Orbital
AGE-FX
Danazine
Clanche
Gundam Legilis
Ghirarga
G-Exes Jackedge
AGE-2 Darkhound

Hm. I noticed that too. But keep in mind that Age is still airing on TV.
Oh and you forgot about the P-Bandai Online Exclusive, HG Age-2 Normal (Special Ops).

Anyway, the thing is, the Age series is "easy" for Bandai to spam out kits fast. A lot of them are very similar to each other. So I suspect we're gonna see a bunch of Age High Grades and Master Grades coming out 1 by 1.

At the very least, I would hope to see all the leads and variations get released as MG as regular or P-Bandai Online Exclusive releases.
I wouldn't mind paying an extra premium.

Also, Seed stuff is taking the spotlight for now. The same for Wing and Unicorn. Those 3 series have older fans, whereas mainstream fans of Age is the younger kids.

What we need to do, is start buying a LOT of Age kits (AG, HG, SD, MG)...and maybe that'll convince Bandai to release the rest. Like go to places like HobbyLinkJapan, GG Infinite, etc.. and just keep buying til their stock runs out.
Old 2012-08-18, 08:15   Link #27018
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Anyway, the thing is, the Age series is "easy" for Bandai to spam out kits fast. A lot of them are very similar to each other. So I suspect we're gonna see a bunch of Age High Grades and Master Grades coming out 1 by 1.
No its not, AGE is barely making them any money at all. both DVD/BDs and kit sales are lower than X's

Quote:
At the very least, I would hope to see all the leads and variations get released as MG as regular or P-Bandai Online Exclusive releases.
I wouldn't mind paying an extra premium.
doubtful, they tried that with Gen-1 and it seems like they dumped the idea quick.

Quote:
What we need to do, is start buying a LOT of Age kits (AG, HG, SD, MG)...and maybe that'll convince Bandai to release the rest. Like go to places like HobbyLinkJapan, GG Infinite, etc.. and just keep buying til their stock runs out.
Why? there is no point. AGE isnt selling well in any market, the viewer ratings are horrible aswell, Even if 15 people from this thread bought 100kits each it might double their sale ratings, but it would still be subpar
Old 2012-08-18, 08:26   Link #27019
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So you think Bandai is going to ditch the Age series and not bother with MG's for it?

1. series is still running
2. the bluray/dvd sales i knew weren't gonna sell since bandai is notorious for severely overpricing them
3. where's the proof that their kit sales are lower than Gundam X? seems like a lot of people on youtube and the gunpla community in general are buying the kits, reviewing them, etc
4. why do you say it's doubtful we'll get the rest of the leads + variations in mg? for example we have the mg age-2 normal that's out now. the double bullet can easily be done and the special ops variations can be released as a p-bandai exclusive
Old 2012-08-18, 09:11   Link #27020
Zeydra
A random passerby

To be honest I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't even get another AGE MG. And if we do, it'll be one of Kio's so they can just finish off with all three Asuno's having a kit. I just pray there's going to be a fourth OST so I can complete my collection of those.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy