AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 12:30   Link #121
james0246

^‘Tis an interesting idea, nature energy supplanting physical energy., but, it has never been stated whether any besides the Toads know of nature energy, and if no one else (specifically Tobirama and Orochimaru) knew of the energy, then I doubt they could have created a Edo Tensei that uses nature energy.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 13:58   Link #122
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
That's what I was saying in my last post. The jutsu would be rather impractical unless the zombies had some source of chakra to use if their own ran out. So, I was suggesting that Kabuto would create a sort of link to his own chakra reserves, which I would guess are quite huge since he's turning into (turned into?) Orochimaru, meaning that the zombies could just leech from his which would allow them to stay a much longer time. Otherwise, Deidara would be unable to spam his C0 (?) bomb and continue regenerating after each use. I would guess that after its first couple of uses his chakra would probably become drained, not just from actually using the technique but from having to regenerate from basically nothing. If the actual process of regeneration required a sort of chakra, then full-body regeration would have to require a pretty good amount.
I understood that, but Kabuto said two things that seem to contradict this:
1, this is a summoning type jutsu, we know that summoned creatures do not drain the summoner's chakra
2, Kabuto says that the user is safe, but if a hundred zombies would drain his chakra he surely wouldn't be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharfan View Post
When I playfully inserted the bit about Natural Energy being used, I had an idea that they might be able to replace the Physical Energy portion of the equation with Natural Energy. This would give them the exact amount of chakra they originally had, as they would only be able to use Natural Energy up until it equals their Spiritual Energy, or experience. Not thinking about the implications of such a happening, this would actually be a quite plausable substitute for the (most likely) vacant Physical Energy, since they're really not living.
Using nature energy seems to much overpowered, even a sage who has mastered the use of natural energy needs to stay still to gather it. Not to mention all the requirements and how dangerous it is.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 14:02   Link #123
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I understood that, but Kabuto said two things that seem to contradict this:
1, this is a summoning type jutsu, we know that summoned creatures do not drain the summoner's chakra
2, Kabuto says that the user is safe, but if a hundred zombies would drain his chakra he surely wouldn't be safe

Using nature energy seems to much overpowered, even a sage who has mastered the use of natural energy needs to stay still to gather it. Not to mention all the requirements and how dangerous it is.
It is simply overpowering things. This jutsu has no stopping it and nature energy is super powerful but a limit was placed on it I wonder...
Old 2010-12-12, 19:29   Link #124
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I don't know why we must give the jutsu some flaws when it has some pretty huge ones that I can see. Notably the power of love thing. We already have two zombies gone because of it and the war just started. I think I can safely say I wouldn't mind if the zombies were impossible to destroy because of the unnatural relationship between a foreign body and a soul brought back from the pure world.

As for chakra, I would support a theory that Kabuto's white snake powers are sufficiently potent to provide most of the zombies with enough chakra for their jutsu. None of them have been using huge techniques yet, and if they get destroyed, I believe it will be something similar like Sasori's 100 puppet technique. The focus will get better and sharper as Kabuto loses his zombies.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 21:00   Link #125
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Or maybe, chakra = soul. When you run out of chakra, all it means is that the soul is weak enough that it can't anchor to the body anymore. It goes to the pure world, and without the soul, the body dies.

Why are you guys arguing about zombie chakra anyways? Not like we know how much their reserves were when they were alive.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:21   Link #126
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I am surprised there isn't more talk about Kishimto brutally offing two name characters in this chapter. Particularly after all the talk about how Kishi was turning this into Bleach.

In the grand scheme of things, Fu and Torune were nobodies, but they were characters Kishi named and appeared in a number of chapters. They were even on a cover. They were no different than the other Kage bodyguards and other newbies like Omoi, Karui, and Samui. So if they can die, that means those others can also die. Hopefully this means we are going to see some Alliance deaths now. At least the fodder should get wrecked.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:31   Link #127
james0246

^At least Karui and Omoi are different. They will be converted to Narutoism (especially Karui), so they have to survive long enough to undergo their "enlightenment"...
Old 2010-12-12, 22:37   Link #128
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I am surprised there isn't more talk about Kishimto brutally offing two name characters in this chapter.
You mean the two fodder characters who we know nothing about and care nothing about? Yeah, shame that.

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things, Fu and Torune were nobodies, but they were characters Kishi named and appeared in a number of chapters. They were even on a cover.
The fact that they were named and appeared on a cover doesn't mean jack shit.

Quote:
They were no different than the other Kage bodyguards
Yeah, don't really care about them either.

Quote:
and other newbies like Omoi, Karui, and Samui. So if they can die, that means those others can also die. Hopefully this means we are going to see some Alliance deaths now. At least the fodder should get wrecked.
Again, I fail to see why we should care. True, I care about Omoi and Karui a little more than...well, those other guys, but we don't know anything about them and I really wouldn't care that much if they up and died.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:38   Link #129
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Nobodyman9, I am not saying you have to care about Fu and Torune. Who really does? They were around for an arc. But they were name characters that Kishi actually put some work into according to the recent fanbook. So the brutal way they were treated gives me hope that we finally might see a real war. I know he is not killing any of the under 20 crowd, but at least he might take out some name characters, which would at least make this better than the Winter War. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^At least Karui and Omoi are different. They will be converted to Narutoism (especially Karui), so they have to survive long enough to undergo their "enlightenment"...
I thought Omoi was already a deacon in the Church? But Karui has to survive and apologize to Naruto. And then be forced to fangirl him for her penance. Now that is real hell.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:49   Link #130
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Nobodyman9, I am not saying you have to care about Fu and Torune. Who really does? They were around for an arc.
Exactly this.

Quote:
But they were name characters that Kishi actually put some work into according to the recent fanbook.
This sentence is so unbelievably hilarious I don't even know where to begin.

Quote:
So the brutal way they were treated gives me hope that we finally might see a real war. I know he is not killing any of the under 20 crowd, but at least he might take out some name characters, which would at least make this better than the Winter War. That's all.
I sincerely doubt that the deaths of two fodder characters are any indication of the future deaths of major named characters.

Anyway, as for getting a "real war." As long as we keep getting rushed two chapters battles with no character development and zombies getting taken out by talk no jutsu, then no, we are never going to get a "real war."

Oh, and saying it's better than the Winter War is literally saying that it's better than nothing.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:06   Link #131
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
When using summoning jutsu the chakra of the summoned creature is his own, not of the summoner. The summoner needs chakra to summon, but after that he is safe. In the case of Edo Tensei there is a complicated ritual where Kabuto creates the summoned human, that's where he needs to use his chakra to summon the soul from the "pure world", the amount needed is unknown. Also he needs chakra to execute the binding jutsu which binds the summoned soul to the living sacrifice, again the chakra amount is unknown. And while he does the ritual it might be that he also adds his own chakra (powered by the white snake power of Orochimaru) which would then result in a stronger creature, but this is only an assumption here. There's also the question of where in the hell is Kabuto storing all those people between the ritual and the actual summoning, either in an unknown dimension or they always go back to the pure world when unsummoned, that seems to be the most controversial part. .

thinking about the opponent only needs to drain their chakra to kill the Zombies?... lets think about Samedaha, Kisame's old sword who eats Chakra?.. he now belongs to KillerBee, so he could help them defeat the zombies.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 09:36   Link #132
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I am surprised there isn't more talk about Kishimto brutally offing two name characters in this chapter. Particularly after all the talk about how Kishi was turning this into Bleach.

In the grand scheme of things, Fu and Torune were nobodies, but they were characters Kishi named and appeared in a number of chapters. They were even on a cover. They were no different than the other Kage bodyguards and other newbies like Omoi, Karui, and Samui. So if they can die, that means those others can also die. Hopefully this means we are going to see some Alliance deaths now. At least the fodder should get wrecked.
As Danzou's bodyguards Fu and Torune weren't exactly good guys and they received less personality than the other Kage bodyguards. In other words, they were guys who's deaths wouldn't bother most people.But Kishi has never really shied away from killing characters likable or not. Just that, for every legitimate death, there are just as many miraculous recoveries so I would brace myself for those too in the upcoming battles.

There's going to be deaths but I think to many it'll never seem real (barring something drastic) because it doesn't feel like anyone can die. "Realistic" war stories where children die like dogs and desperate ninja kill civilians over a scrap of food...you won't see that outside of flashbacks.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:29   Link #133
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I thought Omoi was already a deacon in the Church? But Karui has to survive and apologize to Naruto. And then be forced to fangirl him for her penance.
-Considering Karin of all people is being converted to Narutoism without Naruto even addressing her in any way on-screen...err, panel I fail to see how this surprises you my good man. Seriously, Naruto can get the current Mizukage to adhere to his principles just by taking his shirt off. He's gotten THAT good at the Friendship no jutsu.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:32   Link #134
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ Speaking of which, I wonder what Karin is up too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
As Danzou's bodyguards Fu and Torune weren't exactly good guys and they received less personality than the other Kage bodyguards. In other words, they were guys who's deaths wouldn't bother most people.But Kishi has never really shied away from killing characters likable or not. Just that, for every legitimate death, there are just as many miraculous recoveries so I would brace myself for those too in the upcoming battles.
I don't think Fu and Torune were bad guys or even were portrayed in a negative light. They were like Sai. A victim of Danzou's ROOT policies. There was also speculation that they could factor into a larger plot if Kishi wrote a civil war for Konoha. A lot of fans were looking forward to a potential civil war in Konoha if Danzou stayed in power. How many of the clan members also have family in ROOT? Would the Konoha 11 actually do something? Would Naruto lead a revolt against Danzou? Would he finally lose the babysitters and start looking like a leader? It could have made for a good story. But alas we got Sasuke killing Danzou and armadillo penis. Well at least the Minato and Kushina flashback was nice.

Anyway, none of the Kage bodyguards have been really developed. But I'm not complaining since there are way too many characters in this manga now. Time wasted on them would just highlight how poorly Kishi has handled the Konoha 11 in Shippuden. So if they end dying like Fu and Torune did this chapter, it won't have that much of an impact.
Old 2010-12-13, 15:06   Link #135
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Anyway, as for getting a "real war." As long as we keep getting rushed two chapters battles with no character development and zombies getting taken out by talk no jutsu, then no, we are never going to get a "real war."
Talk and Friendship no jutsu is what Kishi considers 'character development.' If this war is going to be 'real,' it needs less character development and more ninja battle development. And the closest thing we've had to that so far, was brought to us by Fu and Torune.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:26   Link #136
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
LOL, so most of WWII was fought between individuals making epic posses before unleashing their rifle/machine gun fire on each other for an extended period of time?

An actual war is chaotic and fairly random (on an individual level). Just using Oda's war as an example (which I consider to be a well done Shounen manga interpretation of war), we should expect more chapters of short (and often inconclusive) battles, with little time for any real reflection of the characters that die. It wouldn't be a "real" war unless it was rushed.
Old 2010-12-13, 15:45   Link #137
herculan

best thing he could do about killing characters is making an estimated number of the amount of dead ninja's he finds acceptable.
For example:
80.000 Ninja's fighting in the war
atleast 10.000 need to die...
well, thats 12,5%...
Then 12,5% of the named-ninja's need to die aswell..
Then you can divide these into 3 categories, because obviously the stronger ninja's have a bigger chance of survival..
of the weaker named-ninjas 10% dies
mediocre named ninjas 2% dies
strong named ninjas 0,5% dies

No idea if this makes sence, but I'd like a mathematical and realistic approach xD
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 16:09   Link #138
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Talk and Friendship no jutsu is what Kishi considers 'character development.'
And I'm sure you understand how goofy that is.

Quote:
If this war is going to be 'real,' it needs less character development and more ninja battle development.
It needs both.

Quote:
And the closest thing we've had to that so far, was brought to us by Fu and Torune.
Fu and Torune getting offed in order to explain Edo Tensei is battle development? LOLWUT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
An actual war is chaotic and fairly random (on an individual level). Just using Oda's war as an example (which I consider to be a well done Shounen manga interpretation of war), we should expect more chapters of short (and often inconclusive) battles, with little time for any real reflection of the characters that die. It wouldn't be a "real" war unless it was rushed.
Quite true. But unfortunately this is also the last chance for the secondary characters to shine, so that factor does into play. I know most of us want to see some epic battles from them after they've been neglected for so long, but that's most likely a pipe dream.
Old 2010-12-13, 17:48   Link #139
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
They were no different than the other Kage bodyguards and other newbies like Omoi, Karui, and Samui.
One difference is that they were previously helping an evil boss. Most of the people on the good side have immunity, but those who are or were on the bad side seem to be good candidates to die.
The other difference is age, Kishi does not kill young people, they are the new generation.
So if someone is neither young nor on the good side he has a 99% chance of dying.
If someone is just old (raikage, etc...) or just on the evil side then he has a good chance to die, but can survive if Kishi has a purpose for him in the plot. I guess Tsunade has a purpose so she survived, but it might be that her purpose is only to give time for Naruto to raise to the hokage position, and maybe die against Madara. She's some kind of a mother figure for Naruto, so i think she has a good chance to survive until the end of the manga, and become a Chiyo-like ninja who has retired.
Karin and company have survived because they are too young to be killed off, also they might have a minor role later if they meet with Naruto.

If someone is on the good side and is young he has immunity (Kankuro, Neji, Choji all healed from lethal conditions).

So really those 2 guys who were killed by Madara were the obvious candidates for death, but that does not mean that any of the ex-genins has lost his immunity. I think that even Anko and Yamato have a chance to survive this. The most likely to die are old people, like the kages or some older generals, and of course unnamed shinobi grunts.

It also seems that jutsu are becoming more and more magical/overpowered/etc... Which means that it might turn out that Naruto gains the power of the sage temporarily and resurrects most of the killed good guys.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:43   Link #140
Lightningtiger13
Gang

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightningtiger13
I am just glad that there is some decent action going on within the last few chapters. Naruto has just simply seemed to become almost annoying to a degree -- while still maintaining entertainment -- with all the flashbackness. Naruto has been one of my favorite manga/anime for quite some time although there was a time recently that Naruto just dropped off the charts in comparison to such things as Bakuman the manga from the people to did Death Note, and Veritas.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this chapter in my opinion is spicing the Naruto series up.
Lightningtiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote