AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 06:20   Link #121
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Thats the thing though. Issei boosts with no interval while in BB, so having power to transfer is not his problem. Having the Steal ability might be useful in his normal form, but he hardly ever uses that anymore.

Besides, Issei's DD shouldn't be as good as the original.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it being incorporated into Ise's eventual subspecies makes sense. I think that would reduce the risks because BG would be supporting it. Not to mention it would look awesome.
hmm think about I agree. Now that Ise is a mini DxD with some of ophis power may help prevent the life loss of using the DD and mayalso help pevent the chances of losing hurting his BG .
Old 2012-05-09, 09:09   Link #122
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
willx@ No even joke about this. No really pink? that would be the most WTF move from the author and this time would be a WTF that i would hate.(honestly). I think that the most change in color that we can aspect from Ise it's crimson(like the ccq) but pink..I doub it.(lucky for us and for him).

bludvein @ Agree. Seem more something he will have in his sub-specie that something he will have in his normal mode.Also even the first time he use DD a white gauntlet apper.The only way i can see him use both the skill it's if he gain sub-specie.(like you say).
Aw c'mon, pink can be a manly colour! No love for the Pink Oppai Dragon Emperor..

I was more thinking that the power he steals with DD gets added to his max when using BG to boost. That and I think when he was using JD, he had Boost X 42 or something (in a translation) which was higher than I had seen anywhere else..

Sometimes it feels like the author has nerfed "Boost" doubling as it isn't quite double anymore. If in Vol 5, Ise non-boost dragon shot took out a mountain, then DOUBLE x N seems like it should do more collateral damage than it does..
Old 2012-05-09, 09:58   Link #123
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Aw c'mon, pink can be a manly colour! No love for the Pink Oppai Dragon Emperor..

I was more thinking that the power he steals with DD gets added to his max when using BG to boost. That and I think when he was using JD, he had Boost X 42 or something (in a translation) which was higher than I had seen anywhere else..

Sometimes it feels like the author has nerfed "Boost" doubling as it isn't quite double anymore. If in Vol 5, Ise non-boost dragon shot took out a mountain, then DOUBLE x N seems like it should do more collateral damage than it does..
Actually In vol 5, it was Boost X 12.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:03   Link #124
JAGI_X

About Issei i think he will learn from Ophis how to use his new powers.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:09   Link #125
XFire
150% done

Boost got nerfed massively after the first fight. The original idea was that it doubled Ise's strength every ten seconds. As in lvl1 --> lvl2 --> lvl4 --> lvl8 and so on. In volume two and on, the author retcons that to it acts as a single use overdrive function.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:39   Link #126
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@XFire it only boosts to max in BB, which makes sense, in v9 when they are fighting those yokai, Ise uses the default BG (the gauntlet) and has to wait 30 seconds for a powerup before he starts fighting seriously. BB gives him armour that boosts his base stats and allows him to reach his maximum potential boost instantly (though the time he can use the boost is the same as his default SG which i would surmise is a couple of min)
Old 2012-05-09, 10:45   Link #127
1upspud

Didn't his base stats raise to were he can use his base sacred gear for longer periods of time because I think it was mentioned in the later volumes that he can use base BB for 2 to 3 hours.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:46   Link #128
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
@XFire it only boosts to max in BB, which makes sense, in v9 when they are fighting those yokai, Ise uses the default BG (the gauntlet) and has to wait 30 seconds for a powerup before he starts fighting seriously. BB gives him armour that boosts his base stats and allows him to reach his maximum potential boost instantly (though the time he can use the boost is the same as his default SG which i would surmise is a couple of min)
That's true. The problem we don't know if he gain the boost in his triana and CCQ form. I mean the boost from the BG. We only know he gain the boost from the promotion . Honestly i'm curios if the normal skill of BG still work even in this form,because until now i don't think they even mention about this.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:58   Link #129
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@1upspud he can use his base SG infinitely, it's just the max number of boosts he can use that changed, now he can probably go upwards of 50 boosts in his base form, but that would take like 30min or something to get to. It's also his stamina, as long as he has enough stamina he can keep using boost non-stop. His BB has had a huge countdown reduction (i wouldn't be surprised if he only has to wait 20 seconds now to enter) and has had it's duration extended (i'd guess he can stay in BB for up 12hrs or so). Though Vali it's been stated that he can enter BB instantly and can remain in BB for a month (that's just uber haxxed).

@Soji In v11 Ise was in his Trianna Bishop form when he gifted Rias' breasts, he was hearing the "BOOST" sound that he normally does, but in the middle of it it changed to "BUST" instead (i was laughing SO hard at that moment).
Old 2012-05-09, 11:00   Link #130
JAGI_X

About Rias brother in vol12 spoilers when he hear about Issei death he show's his true color which mean he got mad in the fight right.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:04   Link #131
1upspud

Yeah the BUST X N was an insanely great moment. I guess your right dragonroots Though I don't think Vali is haxxed because he can still lose to others such as Cao Cao, but that is mainly due to TL and its many different techs.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:17   Link #132
Soji

dragonroots@ I forgot about that one. I wonder what would happen if he does this in CCQ(i know we already talk about this in the other topic ..still). Also i wonder if happen like with triana and change the sound.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:33   Link #133
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am curious if Issei's new body can surpass limitations of his old one...

//edit: SP.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-05-09 at 12:09.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:56   Link #134
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Flying Dagger "suppress" or "surpass"? if it's the latter then no question.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:45   Link #135
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I am curious if Issei's new body can surpass limitations of his old one...

//edit: SP.
Same question as Flying dagger, but with more emphasis on BB duration. In Vol. 5 his limit was 30 minutes, after undergoing JD in Vol. 6 his limit is 2h (3h on a good day). Now that he has a new dragon body.

Seeing how he could destroy that monsters in BB Ultraman-style, not to mention fusion with GR, will that have any effect on BB duration? He is supposed to be Vali's rival, if it stays 2 hours vs 2 months, Ise will need some help as they will most likely be fighting in empireo juggernaut and CCQ (which consumes more stamina than normal BB).
Old 2012-05-09, 12:50   Link #136
Soji

Awrya@ I think that he would have almost no problem now. at least until he have stamina. When he go in Jd he become more dragon like(remember what akujia say?) so I suppose that now that he have a true dragon body and become again devil.He will probally can stay in BB for a long time. It's CCQ that is hard to guess.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:03   Link #137
Mammon

You know how ascalon got tweaked so ise could use it,Now that he has a dragon body wouldn't it need more tweaking so he can use it as he is even more of a dragon

Last edited by Mammon; 2012-05-09 at 13:25.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:26   Link #138
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@Mammon probably, but Ise may either return it or give it to Xenovia, he never uses it anyways unless he needs to cut something, i think the only time he used it in battle was in v4 when he fought Vali.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:35   Link #139
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Well he does give it to other people who are better at using swords than him, but since it is integrated with his SG I dont think there would be any more tweaks needed to be done
Old 2012-05-09, 14:45   Link #140
Mammon

@dragonroots well he might just keep it if a dragon shows up or a dragon SG user shows up and for the future showdown with vali he might use the same technique as when they first fought in chapter 4
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life