Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 09:56   Link #21
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
How did you reach that conclusion?

The recap in the beginning of the next episode showed Reiner cut FT's fingers before exploding out of her closing palm. The previous episode goofed on the visual portrayal of that scene. As for the smoke, it seems to have come out from the evaporating titan blood.

hahah well its just obvious....cuz of the body build, hair, and u know...

the odds very is high... who else? that have body stong big...bulk like him...

berthold also possible...but given his personality...i guess not...

but he is tall...so maybe he is the collosal....
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 20:33   Link #22
Titanfan

Hi, I'm an Amine viewer and had never read the manga. I have a few questions and hope you guys can answer them.

During the last Survey corp expedition, how did Erwin/Levi/Survey crop know that the Female Titan will show up? How did they even know that she exists? As I recall, FT showed up for the first time during that expedition. How did they come up with the plan to capture her? How did they prepare all those carts and set the traps?

During that expedition, when Armin told the FT that Eren is on the right wing but the FT went to the center instead. How did she know where to go?

Spoiler for The spy in the Survey Corp...:

What do you guys think?
Titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 14:43   Link #23
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfan View Post
Hi, I'm an Amine viewer and had never read the manga. I have a few questions and hope you guys can answer them.

During the last Survey corp expedition, how did Erwin/Levi/Survey crop know that the Female Titan will show up? How did they even know that she exists? As I recall, FT showed up for the first time during that expedition. How did they come up with the plan to capture her? How did they prepare all those carts and set the traps?
I think it is because the armored Titan didn't show up in Trost. I think Armin pointed that out at some point: Colossal and Armored Titan didn't even try to stop ErenTitan from sealing the gate, so Erwin probably concluded that Eren's existence as someone who can turn into a Titan must be something noteworthy for the "evil" intelligent Titans. Erwin most likely suspected the "evil" humans who can turn into Titans to be responsible for the deaths of the two captured titans and that they are after Eren as well and by connecting this, one can assume that it has to be someone who is able to use 3DMG. That's why they gave contradicting information to the people about Eren's location. Then they could narrow down the suspects, by finding out where an intelligent Titan would strike first. I don't think Erwin suspected the female Titan at all, but he most likely suspected some kind of intelligent Titan to appear. He probably expected the Armored and/or Colossal Titan to try to kidnap/kill Eren, so he prepared the traps for such a situation. I think the traps themselves were transpaorted in the "supply cart" and were probably made to be flexible, so Erwin could set it up in time for the FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfan View Post
During that expedition, when Armin told the FT that Eren is on the right wing but the FT went to the center instead. How did she know where to go?

Spoiler for The spy in the Survey Corp...:

What do you guys think?
I think so as well. Didn't the one you suspect also say that he heard that Eren was where the FT striked at first?
Old 2013-09-19, 00:14   Link #24
Devsoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think it is because the armored Titan didn't show up in Trost. I think Armin pointed that out at some point: Colossal and Armored Titan didn't even try to stop ErenTitan from sealing the gate, so Erwin probably concluded that Eren's existence as someone who can turn into a Titan must be something noteworthy for the "evil" intelligent Titans. Erwin most likely suspected the "evil" humans who can turn into Titans to be responsible for the deaths of the two captured titans and that they are after Eren as well and by connecting this, one can assume that it has to be someone who is able to use 3DMG. That's why they gave contradicting information to the people about Eren's location. Then they could narrow down the suspects, by finding out where an intelligent Titan would strike first. I don't think Erwin suspected the female Titan at all, but he most likely suspected some kind of intelligent Titan to appear. He probably expected the Armored and/or Colossal Titan to try to kidnap/kill Eren, so he prepared the traps for such a situation. I think the traps themselves were transpaorted in the "supply cart" and were probably made to be flexible, so Erwin could set it up in time for the FT.

I think so as well. Didn't the one you suspect also say that he heard that Eren was where the FT striked at first?
Guys i have watched every episode 4 times and there are several things i have noticed
Spoiler for theory:
Devsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 13:34   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsoule View Post
Guys i have watched every episode 4 times and there are several things i have noticed
Spoiler for theory:
Also: am I remembering this wrong or didn't Armin note that the Female Giant had come from a direction where Reiner was supposed to be in?
Old 2013-09-19, 17:38   Link #26
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Also: am I remembering this wrong or didn't Armin note that the Female Giant had come from a direction where Reiner was supposed to be in?
No, I think Reiner was not there, but he was given false information about Eren's position... and that was exactly the same place where the FT attacked.
Old 2013-09-20, 13:43   Link #27
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
No, I think Reiner was not there, but he was given false information about Eren's position... and that was exactly the same place where the FT attacked.
Erwin didn't spread false information at random, he gave to each squad a different location for Eren. As shown in Episode 17 Reiner, Armin and Jean had all different versions.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:59   Link #28
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Erwin didn't spread false information at random, he gave to each squad a different location for Eren. As shown in Episode 17 Reiner, Armin and Jean had all different versions.
I know, but I think from that group (Armin/Reiner/Jean) it was Reiner who was told that Eren is at the right flank. And that is exactly where the FT attacked for the first time.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:45   Link #29
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Speculation with the wall separating the "teams" in the second ED is a good point. After watching it again, I noticed that the only people shown fighting alongside Eren's titan are the people on his side of the wall. Very interesting indeed.

That is an interesting observation, I just went back and checked and you are right.
However, the grouping seems to change for the final "backs to us" group pose.
If I'm not mistaken, we have Mikasa Bert Reiner Annie Eren on the left and Armin Sasha Connie Ymir Krista on the right.

Not sure if that is also significant, or if it just means the sides of wall thing is actually insignificant.

BTW I'm new to the forum and thread. I am 100% anime-only (in fact, I watch mainly the J raw, and only occasionally the English subs) and I was happy to find a place with strict spolier policing for discussions. I desperately want to speculate but I don't want any manga-fueled spec.
BatouFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 21:18   Link #30
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Reiner is the armored titans...

Remember when annie crushed him in her hands? And riener come out alive...

There is smoke come out from his back...(that is titan recovery skill)
This Reiner theory is a nonstarter.
How could Reiner have been the armored titan? It appeared five years ago when he was 11 or 12 years old! Case closed.

The guy who pointed out the hood-lowering and possible hand-signing to FT, all that potentially proves is that Reiner's the spy (very possible). He can't be the AT though and the spy and AT don't have to be, and very likely aren't, the same person.

I do think we have finally seen a glimpse of the AT: in Annie's flashback.
The AT is her father. It makes sense on every level: access to the same shifter technology/magic, same anti-human belief system, same combat abilities (just assuming the AT is as badass as he looks crashing the gate, since we haven't seen him fight) etc. because they are in the same family.

That leaves the CT. My original theory on that was Eren's father. Obviously, he has access to the tech/magic. He was mysteriously absent at the time. Motivation, uncertain. Problem: he can't use 3DMG, as he's not a soldier. so he would have had no way to get over the wall again after bashing it in and vanishing in front of Eren. So, no.

The Erwin theory is intriguing. That would be a mindblower. I can't believe it though. There is no way he could have known exactly how the FT could foil uncontrolled elements of the plan like Levi and Mikasa and Eren himself, so there is no way he was really in cahoots with her. No.

One weird clue whose significance I don't understand yet: after the CT smokes out, Eren is looking down at the outside of the gate. Instead of the pair of colossal footprints one might expect (the CT does not appear to move his legs in the battle), there is a round hole like a blast crater, then a right footprint, then another round hole. What could possibly explain that? A pegleg Titan? There is no sign of a person on the ground. Whoever bailed from the CT's neck did it in 3DMG and went straight over the wall under smoke cover.

Also, and maybe this is CT-related, there is a mystery figure in the 2nd opening. At the 1:08 mark, right after the Levi squad/3DmG montage, a man with longish hair, square goggles and a bleeding mouth, onsecreen for like less than a second on the right of the screen, grimacing. Then Levi slashing down, a mysterious eye, and then Erwin's face. Who the ^&%^& was that dude? I don't remember him from any eps, am I wrong? Or maybe that is Annie's father? He's a rogue soldier? I couldn't pull the dream clip to test the match with the nose and chin we saw.
Old 2013-09-22, 21:32   Link #31
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post

Also, and maybe this is CT-related, there is a mystery figure in the 2nd opening. At the 1:08 mark, right after the Levi squad/3DmG montage, a man with longish hair, square goggles and a bleeding mouth, onsecreen for like less than a second on the right of the screen, grimacing. Then Levi slashing down, a mysterious eye, and then Erwin's face. Who the ^&%^& was that dude? I don't remember him from any eps, am I wrong? Or maybe that is Annie's father? He's a rogue soldier? I couldn't pull the dream clip to test the match with the nose and chin we saw.
Got another look at the dream clip. It's definitely possible that Annie's dad is the mystery man, facially.
Old 2013-09-23, 06:46   Link #32
kitten320

Eeeehhh... not to ruin anything but I'm 100% sure that's Hanji...

She has mad look, brown hair and wears googles...

Please don't kill me for posting this once here.
Old 2013-09-23, 07:17   Link #33
moncikoma

Quote:
How could Reiner have been the armored titan? It appeared five years ago when he was 11 or 12 years old! Case closed.
titan is immortal....no life, no age..its like highlander...no head = dead

i have a theory that all titan is once a human...maybe from a serum created by erens dad ,long before eren was born he was a spy or such
worked for the goverment...

he messed up with the the serum [maybe for cures or biological weapon etc]
and he transformed all human into a titan...

he become a criminal...and run away...hiding in woods with eren...in basement...

its preatty wierd that his dad can survived alone outside go travelling in sea etc...its immpossible, im sure he have a skill to survived so he is a titan...[i dunt know wat.. but definetely not colossal....because he love his wife...right?]

Last edited by moncikoma; 2013-09-23 at 07:36.
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 07:23   Link #34
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Do we know for certain that Titans age at the same rate as humans though ?
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 11:04   Link #35
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Do we know for certain that Titans age at the same rate as humans though ?
Eren does. He aged normally in the five years since he was injected, anyway.
Old 2013-09-23, 11:11   Link #36
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Eeeehhh... not to ruin anything but I'm 100% sure that's Hanji...

She has mad look, brown hair and wears googles...

Please don't kill me for posting this once here.
Huh... I guess that is possible.
It's so brief, and I was thrown off by (a) it totally looks like a man and (b) her glasses are MUCH bigger relative to her eyes in her normal depictions. Check out ger scene in 24 for plenty examples.
I think honestly, it is a badly-done image of her if its her, but I could see it being her as you say.
I thought that being so brief and cryptic, it might be a hint tossed in about a mystery character. ANyway, it's not central to my theory.
Old 2013-09-23, 11:21   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Don't be ashamed. Many people thought Hanji was guy at first until official sources pointed out she's a girl.

And don't bother asking the author or her Voice Actress about this. They both know Hanji's a girl but whenever anyone asks about this, they will troll the questioner. lol
Old 2013-09-23, 12:08   Link #38
Zeydra
A random passerby

I'm not really getting how Reiner being eleven or twelve at the time of the fall of the first wall would exclude him being armored titan if I'm honest. I'm not convinced he is armored right now, but I don't see why his age would stop him.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 14:09   Link #39
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm not really getting how Reiner being eleven or twelve at the time of the fall of the first wall would exclude him being armored titan if I'm honest. I'm not convinced he is armored right now, but I don't see why his age would stop him.
For one thing, it would make it impossible for him to have used 3DMG to escape after deshifting.

For another thing... it just doesn't make any sense that he would have the necessary training or mentality at that age for a critical mission. I know, this is anime, where 12 year olds with the power to destroy the world are standard. But AoT seems a little elevated beyond that puerility. OTOH, Eren executed a brutal slaughter of several thugs when he was only eight(?), but does that mean he could have coped with turning into a titan...?

I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be an 11 year old Reiner, let's just say that.
Old 2013-09-23, 14:10   Link #40
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^Don't be ashamed. Many people thought Hanji was guy at first until official sources pointed out she's a girl.l
I honestly can't see how that is possible. In the anime, there is nothing about her that makes me think she's a guy at all, other than the frame from the intro above, if that is her.