AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 08:41   Link #5061
blewin

ha, so what's the deal with trying to destroy things using the "satellite" in space? Is that just Ultear following Hades' order so she can gain his trust? or that she's really trying to destroy things?

looking at how Melody got "defeated" so quickly, I won't be surprised if Ultear's claim to see Gray turns out to be true after all. But Melody hates Gray, wonder if Ultear hates him too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 12:04   Link #5062
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
ha, so what's the deal with trying to destroy things using the "satellite" in space? Is that just Ultear following Hades' order so she can gain his trust? or that she's really trying to destroy things?

looking at how Melody got "defeated" so quickly, I won't be surprised if Ultear's claim to see Gray turns out to be true after all. But Melody hates Gray, wonder if Ultear hates him too.
Doubtful, I think Melody is just a confused girl inserting her own hatred of real parents death into a story Ultear didn't fully explain to her. In short she just imagined how she'd feel if Gray murdered her parents. Ultear made it clear that she wasn't willing to share the full details of her mothers death with Melody, this was likely to protect her but resulted in her filling in some gaps and leading to a hatred that Ultear likely didn't intend to cause (if she's telling the truth about being an ally she may have had to let Melody think that in order to ensure her cover stayed intact, if not she just simply may not have fully accepted Melody enough to open up to her on the subject).

Ultear is hard to figure out due to how little we truly know about her motives. We know she hates her mother... so would she hate the one who caused her death? but calling them an ally is a bit much, so it clearly calls into question her motives for all past events. In short sure she tried to help melt her own mother to gain the monster trapped in the ice but choose to help the village at the end of the arc seemingly of her own free will. She says she wants to make Zeref the king of the world but then states she needs to be freed. She a big conundrum to put it mildly.

As to the weapon... it may be still used as a later plot device. Mest may still inform the council at a later point in time, like if Bluenote is about to kill them all, so FT can escape under cover from the blast, Ultear (or someone like her could always shapeshift and inform the council), or the rune knights could resecure the communication crystal later. It may also have simply been a red herring or used as a plot device to show how fragile FT's position with the council is at the moment and will be developed upon after the arc ends.
Old 2011-04-14, 13:45   Link #5063
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I'm confused... was there a page missing between 10 and 11? They go from asking Meldy to show her face to mentioning Zeref's key. Plus what the hell is ok about Meldy's strong flow of magic? Where they talking of bringing her to GH prior to that? That part of the ch flowed horribly... plus with the rest of the ch only being ok at best I have to give this ch a fail rating. I was expecting the heart to defeat Meldy and wasn't shocked at Ultears claim (especially since I saw the spoilers) but both of them with a back story that made no sense and jump from point to point with no forewarning killed it. I'll take it back if there was more pages we didn't see but if not it was horrible writing that any editor should have ordered fixed.
I'd have to check the raw to be certain, but I'm reasonably sure we aren't missing pages. Rather it seems to have skipped Ultear saying "Let's take her back with us." and gone straight to Zancrow's response, which the translator screwed up. At a guess his line is supposed to read something along the lines of "Weren't we ordered to kill everyone in the land that Zeref's key is dormant in?"
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:47   Link #5064
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
So... let me recap... Wendy defeated a cursed sandstorm by blowing really hard on it, untill it felt so good that the sandstorm exploded in delight....

I'll just leave this link here... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...apPastTheRadar
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 23:22   Link #5065
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Ch 231 spoiler pics

Spoiler for Colored page (Pushing NSFW), and 2 single page, and what looks like double last pages which looks OMG!:
Old 2011-04-16, 23:29   Link #5066
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Ch 231 spoiler pics

Spoiler for Colored page (Pushing NSFW), and 2 single page, and what looks like double last pages which looks OMG!:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-17, 01:11   Link #5067
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kinda hard to move past the first panel, there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 19:48   Link #5068
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Kinda hard to move past the first panel, there.
Boob induced myopia?

I didn’t even notice there was more then one until you mentioned it.
Old 2011-04-17, 19:54   Link #5069
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Ch 231 spoiler pics

*checks behind him* yea theres a bed there *faints*
Old 2011-04-18, 17:41   Link #5070
konart

Well...

Spoiler for 231:
Old 2011-04-18, 18:03   Link #5071
ShiroiRyu

Wow wow wow ...
I always love the color pages from Mashida ... It's always ... beautiful. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 18:38   Link #5072
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lets just say my browser was stuck on a certain page for a few seconds.
Old 2011-04-18, 19:06   Link #5073
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The chapter has too many questions, and somehow I expect next we’ll get a ton of answers. Somehow I’m a little disappointed since we really haven’t got much of a fight in a while, rather, it’s mostly Q&A, though mostly just QQ. Ah no good, I’m getting my expectations too high…
Old 2011-04-18, 21:07   Link #5074
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah boy, too much build up, Mashima-san~

Azuma vs Erza (Finally get to see Erza's battle eyes again after so long)

Bluenote appears on the battlefield, and the HSQ has been attained. He definitely seems to be a 'Gildartz' lvl magic user. Now if only variable 'G' will come back, but then the Godzilla Threshold will be breached. And I know that I'm not the only one who has thought of this ever since Gildartz made his presence known but why in the world are the 'Ten Mage Saints' -the supposedly ten BEST mages on the continent - composed of people at only Erza's magic lvl... Not saying anything bad about Ezra of course but seriously... No wonder the Magic Council sucks, they always get 3rd round picks in the draft...

Ur and Gray...hurry up already! While I do love seeing more of Ur as much as the next hot-blooded guy, if she's going to switch sides, she better hurry up. Unless she wants her and Gray to form their own team. ...heh, that would be a Chick Fight: Juvia vs Ur ...Probably the only element that (left unto itself) Time doesn't really affect. I mean, how do you age water....
Old 2011-04-18, 22:51   Link #5075
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i so want to see Gildartz vs. Bluenote!! so Cana's goal was to meet her father i'm curious XD

oh very sexy double page there... Lucy is so Sexy
Old 2011-04-19, 00:02   Link #5076
Ryus
The One Eyed King

List of what I want to see in coming chapters.
  1. More of Lucy with outfit battle damage
  2. Gildartz vs Bluenote (epic power vs epic power)
  3. Laxus
  4. Lucy using Gemini in battle for once
  5. Freed vs Rustyrose (imagination vs written law)
  6. Erza vs Azuma
  7. Natsu getting beaten
  8. Ultear plot reveal
  9. Gray losing his fodder status
  10. Cana's plot reveal
Old 2011-04-19, 00:28   Link #5077
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Cana... i thought her goal was to see some Guy whom she loved romantically but it turns out she's the same with Lucy who has some Father problems
Old 2011-04-19, 01:42   Link #5078
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
oh very sexy double page there... Lucy is so Sexy
it was, though i was disappoint by the missing Levi and Mira
Old 2011-04-19, 01:44   Link #5079
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ok I'll bite, Ultear actually has an ulterior motive and actually wants to side with Gray. Now I can't wait for the next chapter T_T Oh well, at least I got Lucy keeping me company with her endless outfits^^
Out of all the sub-plots spread around, Cana's is the weakest one for me, but if Mashima wants to build that one up next week, I think he should also close an ongoing one the week after.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 02:42   Link #5080
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
List of what I want to see in coming chapters.

Gildartz vs Bluenote (epic power vs epic power)
This is pretty much guaranteed at this point. It will be the most epic fight in the series so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Laxus
Yeah, I've been waiting for that so long. Mashima has been teasing us.
Quote:
Freed vs Rustyrose (imagination vs written law)
This will be an interesting match. If he returns to the island with Gildartz, I guess it can happen.
Quote:
Natsu getting beaten
Always interesting when that happens...(un)fortunately he has the habit of not staying down for long.
Quote:
Gray losing his fodder status
Yeah...I wonder if that will ever happen. The last time he fought a boss-level opponent was way back in the Garuna Island Arc. However, it was an opponent from his past, which is kind of the case here as well - so I'm hopeful that this time around he might get to kick some ass.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen