AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-01-02, 01:00   Link #1
Tojiro

The Crap Dump!

Been kinda a slow week for me artwise. But figured I'd post what I've got anyways, because I'm trying a lot of new things and I'd like some suggestions:

(everything is liked cause all the files are fairly good sized)

First off, to start our week of crappage, I had tried dipping into some more realistic pics, but was getting pissed off by the results (would have helped to use a reference bigger than a postage stamp and not trying to draw while at work. ^_^) anyways, I finally got fed up with it and sketched out a really quick bust of a charecter I'm working on. (Left) It sucked too, so I tried for a bit of a realish/animeish mix. (Right) This didn't look like crap. It looked possesed.

Okay, scrap that. Try again! Too bad the result was a demented Harry Potter! (Top right, scribbled out ^_^) *deep sigh* attempt number three! Forget the messy hair thing, let's try something more feminine. (Top left) AH! MUCH BETTER! Now we ruin the mood by hacking out the badly proportioned, oddly posed version of the smae charecter down below. >_<

Still, doing that more realistic face was kinda fun, but too time consuming, and I soon discover I can't draw it from an angle. Damn my lack of art sk1llz! So, this get's the wheels turning, and I decide to try a bit different style. Maybe something a tad bit more american, ne? Anyways, I blatantly ripped a picture from teh "Stings of Fate" webcomic charecter page, fiddled with the hair, and called him my own. ^_^ Still, it looked pretty good! (Compared to the stuff I'd been putting out lately) Wow...

So, this encourages me to completely wreck whatever confidance this gave me by filling an entire page with heads, all of which are ugly (some more than others) and each one slipping further and further back into my "anime style". Yes, I know it doesn't LOOK much different, but I knew there was a difference in how I drew them! See! The faces are more angular! I'm paying more attention to the brow and trying to give it some volume! I'm.... not convincing anyone, am I?

Bah...well anyways, I decide that I'm going to try applying this "new style" *cough cough* to an existing charecter of mine named Sellic, who I first try (and fail) at doing a head on shot, then scribble in a way too chubby version of on the side. Still, I think I'm getting the hang of things (or so I keep telling myself) and move on.

Ohh! More than just a head! We're getting fancy now!!! Continuing my "Sellic kick" I first draw him in "cool pose with blades mode" but am way too tired to think straight and rush through things, making things pretty scribbly and forcing me to retouch way too much later >_<, then I swing into Bish-boy mode and draw *gasp* a bare chested Sellic! Hm... yeah... I'm sure the girls might have found that sexy if it didn't SUCK!!!! I mean, the face is just sad... *sigh*

So, sick and tired of my inability to draw I scribble a raindrop in one corner, a funky thing in the other, decide to give Sellic a tattoo on a whim, and give up.

Now I know I didn't make it sound like it, but these pics were all spread out over several days of haphazard doodling while answering phones at work. Anyways, now that I'm done bitching, anyone have any comments on what they like/hate/would fix? I'd appreciate it ^_^
Tojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 04:49   Link #2
Sarumaru
Resident Saru

Send a message via AIM to Sarumaru Send a message via MSN to Sarumaru
Smile

Some nice stuff there, I think your avatar is cute!
Sarumaru is offline   Reply With Quote