AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-02, 18:23   Link #821
Used Can

Kana
It results she's been half yōkai all along. She can breathe fire.
Old 2011-08-02, 18:25   Link #822
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Kana
THE FUCK! She was half demon all along? Don't tell me, he fell for her, because she a half demon...

Which chapter did this happen in? I'm starting again than!
Old 2011-08-02, 21:29   Link #823
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Kana
I am thinking this is a joke, her being a yokai is random and has not been foreshadowed very well.

I really like this manga, very original, likable characters, good villains, and good story. But when I saw the ranking for this manga it wasn't very high, actually it was more at the bottom, which was very surprising. Is that usual for this manga or was that a just blip for that time?
Old 2011-08-02, 21:57   Link #824
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I am thinking this is a joke, her being a yokai is random and has not been foreshadowed very well.

I really like this manga, very original, likable characters, good villains, and good story. But when I saw the ranking for this manga it wasn't very high, actually it was more at the bottom, which was very surprising. Is that usual for this manga or was that a just blip for that time?
The pacing is slow and confrontation at the beginning was almost Power Ranger plot wise.

Demon appears, the protagonist goes out and slays him, learned moral of the day.

So Kana doesn't play a important role anymore?
Old 2011-08-02, 22:39   Link #825
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
The pacing is slow and confrontation at the beginning was almost Power Ranger plot wise.

Demon appears, the protagonist goes out and slays him, learned moral of the day.

So Kana doesn't play a important role anymore?
For me the pacing wasn't bad, but I did start the manga around the Kyoto arc so that might be the reason. And manga initially uses bit of monster of the week formula (around first 10 chapters, probably less than that though), but the plot changes to arc format quickly. In the arc format I wouldn't call it power ranger format, the battles during the arc was used to point towards bigger plot. A power ranger format would be battle after battle with those battles without any impact on the story.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:57   Link #826
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Spoiler for c165:
Old 2011-08-05, 10:06   Link #827
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Top 50 Manga Creators by Sales Since 2010... and NuraMago is in top 10 ^_^
Old 2011-08-06, 09:49   Link #828
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
- chapter ends with Kejorou preparing to backstab Kubinashi (she ain't fake because she is having her mobile phone with her... probably mind-controlled tough she seems to have had that sword hidden there from the start so she must have been taken over some time ago)
It could be that the faker (Tamasaguro) took the cellphone from the member she killed early, the wolf guy, remember?
Old 2011-08-06, 09:56   Link #829
Nayrael
The Faceless One

I am pretty sure Kuro called only those closest to Rikuo... such kind of communication ain't fit for dozens of Youkai talking together. With Houkou not being close, be a Rikuo criticizer and a retired Head, I don't think he would be one of the chosen.
Old 2011-08-06, 12:00   Link #830
dingmajiao

I've been wondering but why didnt Kubinashi's cellphone ring?? Could he be the fake one cause I'm sure Kubinashi have a phone and I'm sure Kuro will call him..

But yet Kejorou seems more like being controlled or could be a fake one as she's preparing to attack with a sword rather than her hair..
Old 2011-08-07, 08:21   Link #831
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Looks like it's time for Rikuo to get his new and improved Nenekimaru. Killing Raiden will be very tough otherwise.
Old 2011-08-07, 08:53   Link #832
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Actually, I think it is impossible for him to kill Raiden... and now anyone else as he has no sword.
If I had to guess, I'd say he will either run away or Tsurara will fight Raiden or RikuTsura Matoi will happen. In both cases, having a real sword in not essential.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:00   Link #833
Miraluka
Banned

I think Kyojuji will try to contact with Yura, being a onmyouji, in order to fight Rikuo, only to confirmate Ryuuji's suspicions (there must be a meaning for them going to that village), that will give Rikuo the needed help to calm down the rioting, bringing him a proper sword and bring some fighting power to Rikuo, afterall the Nura Clan is dispersed fighting the Hyakku Monogatari Clan which leaves him alone.

If one of the clan is controled, I think it could be Kubinashi

NEWS:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/09...kai-clan-game/
Upcoming fighting game!!
Old 2011-08-10, 04:06   Link #834
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Actually, I think it is impossible for him to kill Raiden... and now anyone else as he has no sword.
If I had to guess, I'd say he will either run away or Tsurara will fight Raiden or RikuTsura Matoi will happen. In both cases, having a real sword in not essential.
He may be able to win without a sword thanks to Matoi, but since he's fighting a guy with almost impenetrable skin, this seems like a damn good opportunity for the new Nenekimaru to make its debut.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:33   Link #835
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Rikuo is already too exhausted to for Matoi.
I don't think the new sword would come this early in the arc either, and certainly not right now.
Old 2011-08-11, 07:40   Link #836
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

why is Rikuo even fighting?? i thought that the special ability of the nurarihyons was to sneak past everyone

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-08-11, 07:46   Link #837
Nayrael
The Faceless One

The Yokai Bird seems to exist to hunt down Rikuo (I guess HM created it with that sole purpose... creating original yokai is the clan's specialty after all). I don't think Rikuo can hide from her with his abilities and the bird constantly alerts humans of Rikuo's whereabouts.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:01   Link #838
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

But Rikuo can still hide from the humans even if he can't hide from the bird

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-08-11, 08:16   Link #839
Nayrael
The Faceless One

It is not like Rikuo becomes invisible or something. He confuses your perception (which is why people see Nurarihyon and Rihan but don't notice or care about their interesting heads) and the Bird restores it by alerting them and causing Fear in Rikuo. The point of the game is to make humans hunt him down and the Bird, that was created by HM, would be of no use if it was unable to show humans where Rikuo is.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:30   Link #840
Miraluka
Banned

Why not trying to kill the bird? Oh, also why people is obeying a youkai? O_o?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen