BD/DVD Vol.1 sold 4,698. Decent enough.
Bakarina Domination continues .
Old 2020-06-04, 22:17   Link #344
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
BD/DVD Vol.1 sold 4,698. Decent enough.
this should hopefully, inspire a seson 2.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 04:55   Link #345
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
this should hopefully, inspire a seson 2.
I don't think there is any doubt about a Season 2 (if there is sufficient material - I am anime-only and so would not know). The BD/DVD sales numbers just backs it up.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 06:31   Link #346
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
I don't think there is any doubt about a Season 2 (if there is sufficient material - I am anime-only and so would not know). The BD/DVD sales numbers just backs it up.
There are currently 8 volumes of Light Novels, while this season will end in volume 2. So, there are still a good amount of material (although I hadn't read after volume 4).

Last edited by Konja9; 2020-06-06 at 06:53.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 13:37   Link #347
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Shit just got real
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 13:53   Link #348
Frontier

So it's judgement day as Catarina finally faces off against the point of no return for her character in the game, almost as if the universe could not abide by her getting away scott free without facing the crimes her game counterpart committed...of course once her supposed "victims" come in they reveal that those criticisms are basically groundless and pure slander .

I love how everyone's vindication of Bakarina hinges on how she's too dumb to pull off the level of mean-spirited actions of her game counterpart .

But just when Catarina thinks she's finally out of the woods, things get even more serious then she was expecting from the game, as kidnapping and dark magic find their way into the plot .

The Student Council President was behind everything! Not only is he the secret hidden route that Catarina forgot about, but he's also the secret main villain of the visual novel more or less. Catarina has snagged the Main Heroine spot so effectively that she couldn't help but also find her way into the dangerous hidden route .

So what's Sirius' problem with Catarina? He sees to have this deep inner sadness to him that he masks behind his kind, helpful, facade, but why does that drive him to lash out at Catarina? I can suspect his emotional turmoil involves how he gained his Dark Magic, but does he hate Catarina for trying to fix the emotional problems of everyone around her save for him ?
Old 2020-06-06, 16:03   Link #349
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Spoilers save lives.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 18:55   Link #350
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved how everyone's defense for Bakarina was "she's too dumb to do this" rather than a "she's too nice to do this". I guess her idiocy outweighs her kindness in the end

Not surprising that student council president is the secret route, but I didn't think he would be an antagonist with dark magic and everything. Seems like he's got complicated feelings. I can't believe Acchan had actually told Bakarina about him and he just forgot. An end where everybody dies is kind of the biggest bad end there could be.
Old 2020-06-06, 21:03   Link #351
Wandering Soul

Up to this point Bakarina has done a good job of keeping up up with game events, but I guess even she slips up. Bakarina may be Bakarina, but this time her idiocy may be lethal.
Old 2020-06-06, 21:17   Link #352
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 10:

Katarina manage to avoid her doom, then proceed to eat some snacks. :3

the culprit finally reveal himself. Looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 22:58   Link #353
Random14

At least the Bakarina recognizes (some of) her own idiocy in forgetting about... some sort of secret boss character? So by avoiding the exile or killed routes, now she's accidentally trigger some sort of "kill'em all" route? What kind of game was this?

And of course she has to ask him directly as she as she remembers (and they're all alone) but then that's part of her charm too (and I doubt he's immune). Well, at least she's pass one major game scene, and her hard work has paid off (in convincing everyone she's way too innocent to have done anything wrong ever). Glad to get back to the main storyline after the last few episodes were stalling.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 23:37   Link #354
Frontier

I guess Bakarina is good at blanking out spoilers .
Old 2020-06-07, 08:25   Link #355
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
There is enough material; there are presently 9 volumes in Japan (and the official English translation is now net-prepublishing Vol 6).

The main issue is whether the story content of later volumes are good enough for adaptation.

Spoiler for Spoiler-free general plot structure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not surprising that student council president is the secret route, but I didn't think he would be an antagonist with dark magic and everything...An end where everybody dies is kind of the biggest bad end there could be.
Secret/true routes are somewhat common in actual otome games; usually designed to answer the entire story and tie up (nearly) all loose plot threads that might arise in the game. There's this rather interesting discussion here about these kinds of routes. https://www.reddit.com/r/otomegames/...n_true_routes/

And yes, some otome games love using dark/sad/tragic stories/plot themes, like what you see in Fruits Basket.
https://www.reddit.com/r/otomegames/...n_otome_games/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 02:11   Link #356
deadite

It's interesting the Dark Magic didn't work on Maria. I think in the original route, Sirius would use Maria's abuse from Catarina as a catalyst to touch her inner hatred, but since Catarina isn't a bully this time. there was no "hatred" within Maria's heart to use.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 02:13   Link #357
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it's just because Maria has light magic... It's not like Bakarina has hatred in her heart either, and it works on her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 07:44   Link #358
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

At first I thought that someone was aware of the game and manipulated the girls to make the mandatory event happen in spite of all logic, but it appears it was just another case of some will of the universe that keep trying to make things work as planned.

Seriously though, there's no way Sirius could believe that his forged accusations could go a long way.

I just wonder one thing, if Kararina didn't awaken to her past life self, how would this "will of the universe" decide which path to take? Perhaps the game has a "true ending" and that's what it would happen. Which is the one true ending though? Maria and Geordo with Katarina getting killed?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 08:25   Link #359
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At first I thought that someone was aware of the game and manipulated the girls to make the mandatory event happen in spite of all logic, but it appears it was just another case of some will of the universe that keep trying to make things work as planned.

Seriously though, there's no way Sirius could believe that his forged accusations could go a long way.
Well, he's got some kind of mind control to help.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 12:36   Link #360
dmaxzero

Best defense ever:
'She is just too stupid to think something like this.'
XD!
Glad we are back to the novel material.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reincarnated mc, reverse harem