Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 22:21   Link #921
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
how can you know whether a lot of drama would be created or not?

don't play into it or allow it to continue.
It would be unrealistic to say that some people in a school wouldn't hear about a relationship. I cannot tell you how many times I saw people getting harassed and basically just ended up breaking it off. Even then, there's no telling how people would take it, but there are those few who literally just throw shit at you all day and scream "did you hit that?" regardless of what you say to them.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 22:30   Link #922
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
It would be unrealistic to say that some people in a school wouldn't hear about a relationship. I cannot tell you how many times I saw people getting harassed and basically just ended up breaking it off. Even then, there's no telling how people would take it, but there are those few who literally just throw shit at you all day and scream "did you hit that?" regardless of what you say to them.
Ah yes, high school. If people are being unreasonable, then ignore them. Ultimately what it comes down to is how willing you are to stand up for yourself and what you want to do, or whether you're going to let the dickish actions of a few others influence what you're going to do.
Old 2008-11-05, 00:52   Link #923
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Lol, more like "Ah yes, that's cafe's/workplaces"
Old 2008-11-05, 02:12   Link #924
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
(But seriously, though, my mom was 17 at the time, so I probably was a mistake ).
Oh hi, Mistake-kun!

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 03:04   Link #925
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Ah yes, high school. If people are being unreasonable, then ignore them. Ultimately what it comes down to is how willing you are to stand up for yourself and what you want to do, or whether you're going to let the dickish actions of a few others influence what you're going to do.
High school. Oh geez...so glad I'm in college now. Leagues better. And I actually had a good high school experience personally. I do remember all of the immature people back then though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 13:54   Link #926
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I always thought that once I'd left high school (the "grade school" system) the immature people would be left behind. Some people never grow out of it and there are plenty of adults who act like high schoolers or lower, but I figured that they wouldn't move on to upper levels of education. The ratios shifted somewhat, but those people were there, too. Some even make it to graduate school, although the ratios seem to be massively shifted against them (for now).

You can't run from the immaturity of others very well, so the only thing you can really do is figure out how to deal with it. Whether it's by confrontation, swaying "public opinion" in your favor, or simply ignoring immature actions, there are a number of possibilities open. It isn't easy, of course, but it's a challenge to be overcome and a growing experience.
Old 2008-11-05, 17:34   Link #927
Samari
World's Greatest

I moved to the city of San Francisco because of necessity to be closer to my school. And the benefits of being able to stay at the facilities to finish my work and make more friends is definitely showcasing themselves. However, after being in the city for just about a month I've already had several interesting experiences regarding my social life. One I already told you guys about which was on Halloween night. Another one happened a day after that. Did you guys ever watch Quantum Leap back in the day with Scott Bakula? Remember when Sam would jump into another reality and at the end of the show he would be in an awkward situation and always say "Oh boy"? Yeah well I keep thinking about that when these situations occur. It's quite funny personally at times. Here's the latest incident.

So a day after the Halloween thing with the girl I described, I went back to SF State to another party. This time it was a birthday party for a friend that I had met the previous night. So I came to support him. I'm 21 and a senior at my school, and ehhh...there seemed to be a lot of freshmen at this party. Which is fine I guess, but I felt like I was a little bit at a high school party at times. So I was just talking with a friend for the majority of the time I was there.

As the party went on, I went up to this one girl who looked lonely. Decided to just make some casual conversation. I'll admit, she was kinda cute...but she definitely looked like a freshmen. So we had a good conversation for a while. She's from Shanghai, and is studying abroad for business. She tells me later that her true passion is dancing and says I should see some of her videos on Facebook or something. I didn't have a pen on me or anything, so I just wrote her name in my cell phone. As I'm writing it down she tells me "Hey do you want my phone number too"? I was taken aback for a second, but I just said "sure" and didn't really think anything of it.

Two days later, yesterday night, I'm online and I see several comments on my Facebook page after she accepted my friend request. Just a few flattering comments on a couple of pictures of mine or something. Later on I get an AIM message from someone I don't know. It's her. And we talk for quite some time. And there was some flirting going on to be honest. Afterwards, I was thinking to myself "What are you getting yourself into"? I think she might like me to a decent degree. But then there's this other side of me that's thinking that she's really too young...or rather looks really young. She's only two years younger than me, but she looks a lot younger. I don't know, I'm just getting this really strange vibe from all of this. I mean she's quite cute, but ehhh...something seems unethical about this situation.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-05, 19:35   Link #928
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I moved to the city of San Francisco because of necessity to be closer to my school. And the benefits of being able to stay at the facilities to finish my work and make more friends is definitely showcasing themselves. However, after being in the city for just about a month I've already had several interesting experiences regarding my social life. One I already told you guys about which was on Halloween night. Another one happened a day after that. Did you guys ever watch Quantum Leap back in the day with Scott Bakula? Remember when Sam would jump into another reality and at the end of the show he would be in an awkward situation and always say "Oh boy"? Yeah well I keep thinking about that when these situations occur. It's quite funny personally at times. Here's the latest incident.

So a day after the Halloween thing with the girl I described, I went back to SF State to another party. This time it was a birthday party for a friend that I had met the previous night. So I came to support him. I'm 21 and a senior at my school, and ehhh...there seemed to be a lot of freshmen at this party. Which is fine I guess, but I felt like I was a little bit at a high school party at times. So I was just talking with a friend for the majority of the time I was there.

As the party went on, I went up to this one girl who looked lonely. Decided to just make some casual conversation. I'll admit, she was kinda cute...but she definitely looked like a freshmen. So we had a good conversation for a while. She's from Shanghai, and is studying abroad for business. She tells me later that her true passion is dancing and says I should see some of her videos on Facebook or something. I didn't have a pen on me or anything, so I just wrote her name in my cell phone. As I'm writing it down she tells me "Hey do you want my phone number too"? I was taken aback for a second, but I just said "sure" and didn't really think anything of it.

Two days later, yesterday night, I'm online and I see several comments on my Facebook page after she accepted my friend request. Just a few flattering comments on a couple of pictures of mine or something. Later on I get an AIM message from someone I don't know. It's her. And we talk for quite some time. And there was some flirting going on to be honest. Afterwards, I was thinking to myself "What are you getting yourself into"? I think she might like me to a decent degree. But then there's this other side of me that's thinking that she's really too young...or rather looks really young. She's only two years younger than me, but she looks a lot younger. I don't know, I'm just getting this really strange vibe from all of this. I mean she's quite cute, but ehhh...something seems unethical about this situation.
Embrace the Lolicon passion, friend.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:13   Link #929
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
She's 19, you're 21.... What's unethical about it?
You obviously have some kind of charm if a chinese girl is:
1: Offering you her digits.
2: Offers to add you on FB (tho, that's prob on a casual basis)
3: Hunts you down on AIM. (This is what surprised me a little)

That's initiative there, all from her, so at the very least, i'd be curious to see where her interests lie in relation to you.
If you never offer to go for coffee or the cinema or anything like that, it'll probably keep it platonic at best between you both since you're keeping your distance.

At least go with the flow and see how it plays out?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 21:42   Link #930
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

God chill, if she wasn't legal I could see ethics being questioned but even then....
Old 2008-11-06, 03:23   Link #931
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
She's 19, you're 21.... What's unethical about it?
You obviously have some kind of charm if a chinese girl is:
1: Offering you her digits.
2: Offers to add you on FB (tho, that's prob on a casual basis)
3: Hunts you down on AIM. (This is what surprised me a little)

That's initiative there, all from her, so at the very least, i'd be curious to see where her interests lie in relation to you.
If you never offer to go for coffee or the cinema or anything like that, it'll probably keep it platonic at best between you both since you're keeping your distance.

At least go with the flow and see how it plays out?
Yeah I think I'll just play it steady. She's coming to my place Sunday on Treasure Island to check out the view of the entire city at night...which is beautiful. I think we'll just hang out at my place and then I'll take her back to SF State. She's apparently excited...ermmm...

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-06, 04:09   Link #932
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just as long as she's not a Priestess of Dagoth and will use your shattered remains to channel the Old Ones

I'd say your worst problem might be the outside chance she's just trying to break out of the expected rut now that she's away at school. Actually your worst problem will be your brain fighting with your other hormone systems.... but ymmv.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:28   Link #933
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
Yeah I think I'll just play it steady. She's coming to my place Sunday on Treasure Island to check out the view of the entire city at night...which is beautiful. I think we'll just hang out at my place and then I'll take her back to SF State. She's apparently excited...ermmm...
Do me a favor and try not to get laid. It will pay off later in the relationship.
Old 2008-11-06, 16:45   Link #934
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
Do me a favor and try not to get laid. It will pay off later in the relationship.
Hahaha...okay. Well we talked for like five hours on the phone last night...and she admitted she has a crush on me, but I think I'm really starting to fall for this girl now that I've gotten to know her a little better. Perhaps I feel more comfortable. She comes off as a really smart, cute, funny and sophisticated individual. Very interesting.

But yeah I think we'll just hang out on Sunday and I suppose see how it goes from there. I just really want to get to know her. Not really looking into that "other" element.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-06, 17:56   Link #935
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Hahaha...okay. Well we talked for like five hours on the phone last night...and she admitted she has a crush on me, but I think I'm really starting to fall for this girl now that I've gotten to know her a little better. Perhaps I feel more comfortable. She comes off as a really smart, cute, funny and sophisticated individual. Very interesting.

But yeah I think we'll just hang out on Sunday and I suppose see how it goes from there. I just really want to get to know her. Not really looking into that "other" element.
Congratulations - play it right and I expect that in less than a week you will no longer be single. The long phone conversation was a dead give-away that she had an interest in you, but she even came out and said it. Take it at your own pace and your own comfort. It seems like it's yours for the taking. Even though nothing has happened yet (and thus it may be premature to say), I hope that it's a good match, a good experience, and that she treats you right.
Old 2008-11-06, 18:50   Link #936
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Congratulations - play it right and I expect that in less than a week you will no longer be single. The long phone conversation was a dead give-away that she had an interest in you, but she even came out and said it. Take it at your own pace and your own comfort. It seems like it's yours for the taking. Even though nothing has happened yet (and thus it may be premature to say), I hope that it's a good match, a good experience, and that she treats you right.
I second that.
Gosh, i'm all kinda giddy for the weekend, and its not even me who's in this situation, i wonder if you have butterflies, lol.
But yeah, take at your own pace and comfort. If it feels like she may be rushing things, simply tell her how you feel and what speed is comfortable for you. At times like that, her reactions should give you more infomation on here character, so don't feel afraid to speak out.
I can only wish you the best for the weekend, hope you have a nice time. ^^

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 19:03   Link #937
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:

Hope it works out well for you and she doesn't turn out to be yandere...lol.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:58   Link #938
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
i wonder if you have butterflies, lol.
Ehhh...a little bit. I mean she's coming over to my place all enthusiastic (she's really excited for some reason) and I want to make a good impression. I should probably take my Sayaka Ando poster off the wall hahaha.

That reminds me, what scary movies would you recommend on a first..."date" I should maybe call this? We decided to watch a movie at my place and she wants to see a scary one. I was thinking about The Blair Witch project. That always scared the hell out of me. Or maybe The Ring. Any ideas?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-07, 03:25   Link #939
Ascaloth

Quote:
That reminds me, what scary movies would you recommend on a first..."date" I should maybe call this? We decided to watch a movie at my place and she wants to see a scary one. I was thinking about The Blair Witch project. That always scared the hell out of me. Or maybe The Ring. Any ideas?
The Blair Witch Project scares the hell out of you. You sure you want to let her see that?
Old 2008-11-07, 03:45   Link #940
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
The Blair Witch Project scares the hell out of you. You sure you want to let her see that?
Well I don't show that I get scared when I'm watching it...I mean it freaks me out psychologically. But I don't jump out of my seat or anything. Plus I've seen it a few times so I know what happens.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom