AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-13, 19:31   Link #81
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Good episode. I always thought Amber was Hei's 'woman' in the past.
Mao is clearly a Yin/Hei shipper, damn him.
Old 2009-11-13, 20:46   Link #82
Bordix

Hei is slowly reverting back to his old self, but he better not change the way he looks; His S1 look reminds me too much of the Onani master 0_o

They've finally show the whereabouts of Yin, and I bet Hei would go berserk when he finds out July saw her naked
oh and it looks like Suou is joining the war (the shipping war)
Quote:
LOL. THIS.

Mao's antics are definitely the highlight of this episode for me XD
Old 2009-11-13, 20:48   Link #83
Haladflire65
*Artist

Mao's hilarious as a squirrel, with that man's voice coming out of him. It's one of the reasons I'm watching S2

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2009-11-13 at 21:01.
Old 2009-11-13, 20:55   Link #84
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Actually, re-watching it again. She doesn't even know what Yin looks like, how the hell does she know if that ghost want to hug Hei or want to attack him.
She knows what Yin is because they saw her earlier kill Norio's mom. Also they talked about more than 3 times throughout the episode with July confirming that it was Yin.
Quote:
Hell, does she even know what observational ghost is?
Yes. When they were being chased, Hei tells Suou that what she saw was a surveillance spectre in episode 3 IIRC.
Quote:
And speaking of which, Yin's medium's water, why would kicking the telephone pole do anything and how did she come out in the first place (there are like super tiny amount of snow next to the pole that's it).
There is evidence of wet ground. Yin already leveled up. She probably needs only a small amount of moisture now.
Quote:
Maybe she's just kicking the pole to make sure that thing doesn't bug Hei again or something.
The telephone pole was close to where Yin appeared. Easier than scraping the ground.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:01   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Actually, re-watching it again. She doesn't even know what Yin looks like, how the hell does she know if that ghost want to hug Hei or want to attack him. Hell, does she even know what observational ghost is? And speaking of which, Yin's medium's water, why would kicking the telephone pole do anything and how did she come out in the first place (there are like super tiny amount of snow next to the pole that's it). Maybe she's just kicking the pole to make sure that thing doesn't bug Hei again or something.
The power of denial. It's an awesome thing to observe.

July spilled the beans and Mao confirmed it. Suou pretty much guessed that there's a history. So she sees Yin's observational spirit attempt to hug Hei and kicks the area afterwards. It's called Suou is establishing her territory. Go girl!

One of those AT rifle rounds now has Yin's name on it.

Telling Suou that she doesn't have to shoot anymore because it doesn't suit her is so sweet. He even called her by her first name. And she followed him to the store for some alone time. Suou's in love with Hei. We also just had another shoujo moment.

Hei: Suou! I told you not to shoot anymore.
Suou: But...I really thought that spirit was going to kill you.
Mao: It looked like a hug to me.
July: It was Yin's observational spirit.
Suou: I was only worried about your safety.
Hei: Now she's really dead....
Suou: I'm so sorry.
Suou: Well they said she was as good as dead anyways. It's putting her out of misery. I'm sure we can scrape some remains up for a proper burial.
Madam Orielle: And you will be paid for completing the job now.
Suou: Hey guys we can go on vacation now! Grabs a stunned Hei by the arm and leaves. Humming "kiri".

Spoiler for kiri:

Last edited by orion; 2009-11-13 at 21:37.
Old 2009-11-13, 21:38   Link #86
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryu View Post
And most important Hei is cooking again and now he need only to get his mask and cloak.
The highlight of the episode...FOOOOOOD!!!!
Old 2009-11-13, 21:59   Link #87
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Grabs a stunned Hei by the arm and leaves. Humming "kiri".
Spoiler for kiri:
The ending of ergo proxy was meh....reminded me of the ending to Big O but less epic and way more disappointing...
Old 2009-11-13, 22:04   Link #88
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well. I was wondering why she hit the pole, but her holding a bit of resentment to Yins observation spirit makes sense. Its similar to her now hating bugs because her friend used them to kill her other friend.

But right now, there s an attachment to Hei, but for right now it probably isnt love. He is all she has to rely on at the moment, and she is beginning to understand him. Norio said the exact same things to her that she said toward Hei when she encounteered him in episode 2.

But as of now, she still has reasons not to like him. Its wearing down though.
Old 2009-11-13, 22:09   Link #89
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
The ending of ergo proxy was meh....reminded me of the ending to Big O but less epic and way more disappointing...
It's the OP for Ergo Proxy. It's romantic and fitting for both titles imo.

Paranoid Android was the ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post

But right now, there s an attachment to Hei, but for right now it probably isnt love. He is all she has to rely on at the moment, and she is beginning to understand him. Norio said the exact same things to her that she said toward Hei when she encounteered him in episode 2.
With that insert song that played, it was a clear shoujo moment imo. First love is in the air with our Suou.
Old 2009-11-13, 22:32   Link #90
Forever
Revealing the truth

My guess is that Yin or inazami has the ability to take over someone else's abilities (not just to disable) and uses it to kill the contractor. Then she will truly be an anti-contractor weapon. Furthermore, she can do it remotely.

Imagine anywhere with a pool of water, yin can eletrocute hei if he still had his powers and tanya getting stung to death while brushing her teeth. LoL.
Old 2009-11-13, 22:37   Link #91
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
My guess is that Yin or inazami has the ability to take over someone else's abilities (not just to disable) and uses it to kill the contractor. Then she will truly be an anti-contractor weapon. Furthermore, she can do it remotely.

Imagine anywhere with a pool of water, yin can eletrocute hei if he still had his powers and tanya getting stung to death while brushing her teeth. LoL.
But she can't kill Suou. Her power is materialization. She also can't kill a person without contractor abilities. Prob the reason why Madame Orielle sent those 2 after Yin.

And we still don't know what part of Hei's powers were transferred to Suou's pendant.
Old 2009-11-13, 23:05   Link #92
freakabcd

Ok, someone mentioned Izanami(female) and Izanagi(male) already from wikipedia and someone else already mentioned yin=izanami and suou/shion=izanagi.

If Izanami can take away contractor powers perhaps Izanagi can give them (back) ? In the tale, Izanami sent many women "witches" after the frightened Izanagi to capture him and bring him back. Note that Izanagi is male and definitely cannot be Suou, so it's either Shion or Mao or July.

Also there seems to be many "witches" in section 3
Old 2009-11-13, 23:12   Link #93
Slick_rick

Not the best of episodes so far. It felt bogged down by forced drama. I'm finding myself unable to care about the Norio situation. I expected his mother to die but I didn't expect them to kill her 1 episode in. Feels like a completely contrived storyline to fill time. His meeting and "falling in love" with Suou was in itself random but then his mother popping up and just happening to be a contractor... It could have worked maybe if they actually stretched it out more and gave it some depth but it as of now it feels a shallow and unnecessary plotline.

The HeiXSuou issue is even worse. Wasn't he beating on her not an episode or so ago? Talk about random change of hearts. Way too much pedo fanservice so far this season. Could we at least get some inkling of why she might like him besides this random shift of gears? All of this seems like them trying to distract me from the lack of actual story they have to tell so they resort to random killing and forced drama. I wish the story would find some focus. Hopefully next episode is where it actually gets on track.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:06   Link #94
lividsama

this might not belong in episode 6 thread, but I just want to say that: Darker than Black OVA CM is out!!!

Spoiler for dtb ova cm:
Old 2009-11-14, 00:06   Link #95
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Not the best of episodes so far. It felt bogged down by forced drama. I'm finding myself unable to care about the Norio situation. I expected his mother to die but I didn't expect them to kill her 1 episode in. Feels like a completely contrived storyline to fill time. His meeting and "falling in love" with Suou was in itself random but then his mother popping up and just happening to be a contractor... It could have worked maybe if they actually stretched it out more and gave it some depth but it as of now it feels a shallow and unnecessary plotline.

The HeiXSuou issue is even worse. Wasn't he beating on her not an episode or so ago? Talk about random change of hearts. Way too much pedo fanservice so far this season. Could we at least get some inkling of why she might like him besides this random shift of gears? All of this seems like them trying to distract me from the lack of actual story they have to tell so they resort to random killing and forced drama. I wish the story would find some focus. Hopefully next episode is where it actually gets on track.
Exactly...what happened to the whole "I hate you because you killed my father and got me involved with the things which i despise most...contractors [and even more so for turning me into one :X]". I'm pretty sure Suou wanted to kill Hei, so what happened.

Severe case of Stockholm syndrome anyone?

edit:
^Damn...that trailer looked good. And what did Hei say when he was hugging Yin? Right before Yin said "usou..."
Old 2009-11-14, 00:15   Link #96
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
^Damn...that trailer looked good. And what did Hei say when he was hugging Yin? Right before Yin said "usou..."
He said that he'll never leave her alone, I think.
Old 2009-11-14, 00:16   Link #97
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm actually thinking that Hei is Izanagi since since Izanagi is male and it was shown in the previous episode that the Japanese have finally realized that Suou is a girl. Makes more sense too, Yin and Hei are more of pair than Yin and Suou/Shion, something could have happened to both of them at Hell's Gate.
And dangit give Hei his powers back! I want to see badass asskicking! And when is Suou going to get her own badass longcoat (i.e. the orange one in the opening)?
Old 2009-11-14, 00:27   Link #98
velvet nightmare

it appears that hei didn't notice the observation ghost at the end, so does that mean that non-contractors can't see them?

and i can actually see suou falling in love with hei, i think on an episode of CSI tv there was this one episode where the victim falls in love with the kidnapper, it's some sort of syndrome or something where they can identify with their kidnapper or w/e. bottom line it's not completely impossible even if these feelings arnt' driven by plot
Old 2009-11-14, 00:34   Link #99
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm actually thinking that Hei is Izanagi since since Izanagi is male and it was shown in the previous episode that the Japanese have finally realized that Suou is a girl. Makes more sense too, Yin and Hei are more of pair than Yin and Suou/Shion, something could have happened to both of them at Hell's Gate.
And dangit give Hei his powers back! I want to see badass asskicking! And when is Suou going to get her own badass longcoat (i.e. the orange one in the opening)?
Actually, that could be feasible. Wasn't there something in the last episode of season 1 where they said that Hei could turn people into contracters with his powers? I remember reading that in tvtropes somewhere, but I haven't checked since.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-14, 01:01   Link #100
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post

This, thank you.
Other than that, I'm happy with getting some Yin.