AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 09:23   Link #2941
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Technically speaking there are 7 R BUTEI. But as we saw in v12 they aren't really the strongest in the world. For one, Holmes himself stood at the peak and wasnt a butei

Maybe he'll pull out King Arthur from somewhere!
Old 2012-09-12, 09:24   Link #2942
kaisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I call that writing while wasting the potentials of the universe.
How would you have made use of the squandered Butei Ranking System?

Quote:
If so, then the story might have been better started outside of Tokyo Butei High School.
Then it would have been a different story altogether. Might have been better, then again, it might have been worse as well.
kaisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:48   Link #2943
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
How would you have made use of the squandered Butei Ranking System?
Well, I'd start by focusing on the organization of Butei and allow the reader to experience what it is like to become a Butei, whose basic tasks include performing favors, etc. Basically, this would be used by Kinji to justify his actions of getting out of the Butei school, but a much more difficult mission will make him reconsider or force him to extend his stay.

Missions will soon become more and more related to IU activities, and this is where the real story can begin.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:48   Link #2944
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Well, I'd start by focusing on the organization of Butei and allow the reader to experience what it is like to become a Butei, whose basic tasks include performing favors, etc. Basically, this would be used by Kinji to justify his actions of getting out of the Butei school, but a much more difficult mission will make him reconsider or force him to extend his stay.

Missions will soon become more and more related to IU activities, and this is where the real story can begin.
the acts he gets dragged in could be classed as a Government Executor level, and that or the school knows of his exploits that "expelled" him for UC purposes.

I want Moe to be back... author plx.
Old 2012-09-16, 06:59   Link #2945
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

HnA vol. 9 is almost done now. The translator just left a bit of the epilogue.

I wonder if Kinji can evade even laser now in vol. 13...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:23   Link #2946
Athena
The Power of One

c'mon. Who can't avoid lasers in battle/action/fantasy LNs?
Old 2012-09-16, 18:43   Link #2947
Richocet
Lover of Purity

And we all know that Batman did it
Old 2012-09-17, 01:05   Link #2948
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
c'mon. Who can't avoid lasers in battle/action/fantasy LNs?
Avoid? Pretty sure he's going to "bend" them right back
Old 2012-09-17, 20:02   Link #2949
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Avoid? Pretty sure he's going to "bend" them right back
I don't really see a realistic (Like realism had a place in this series, but work with me here) way for him to to be able to "bend" them back. As far as I know the only way Kinji has been redirecting attacks was via bullets hitting bullets, or by using his hand technique thing that he made naming it a random English word I don't remember. The only way I see him properly deflecting a laser beam is if he used Kaname's laser sword thing, or if Sherlock's blade he took (Has he even used that thing?) suddenly has anti-laser qualities all of a sudden. With that said I'm pretty sure in the end the author will come up with another hax ability Kinji can use to bend laser beams...

*Edit* (Slightly off-topic point)

Off topic but does anyone else feel a bit disappointed about how the romantic plot line is going. Despite all the things Kinji experiences with the other heroines he always goes back to Aria in the end. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that Aria is one of the least developed of the cast. I know that Aria has to stay in her character status as a Tsundere love interest and all that, but it is still irritating that after all this time she hasn't changed her treatment of the protagonist at all. She always misunderstands the situation, she never tries to hear Kinji out, she always places all the blame on Kinji, and she always resorts to violence to solve her issues when a simple talk would have solved the problem in minutes. I know those things are just how a Tsundere character normally behaves, but there are plenty of characters who fit the archetype that broke this trend after their character development (A good example being Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku, who eventually becomes smart enough to understand that, 9 times out of 10, it is most likely a misunderstanding.)

I guess the point I'm trying to get at in my little rant is that while, its nice that the author is introducing new love interests and keeping the Harem theme going, I always feel like its pointless; because in the end Kinji will go back to Aria. She was the first girl the reader is introduced to, her name is the title of the series, so it will most likely end on the Aria route. I am still holding onto the thin hope the author doesn't go with the most obvious love interest, but with the way its going it seems like a loss cause...

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 07:23   Link #2950
nhormight

END Aria x Kinji 10000%
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 02:30   Link #2951
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
I don't really see a realistic (Like realism had a place in this series, but work with me here) way for him to to be able to "bend" them back. As far as I know the only way Kinji has been redirecting attacks was via bullets hitting bullets, or by using his hand technique thing that he made naming it a random English word I don't remember. The only way I see him properly deflecting a laser beam is if he used Kaname's laser sword thing, or if Sherlock's blade he took (Has he even used that thing?) suddenly has anti-laser qualities all of a sudden. With that said I'm pretty sure in the end the author will come up with another hax ability Kinji can use to bend laser beams...

*Edit* (Slightly off-topic point)

Off topic but does anyone else feel a bit disappointed about how the romantic plot line is going. Despite all the things Kinji experiences with the other heroines he always goes back to Aria in the end. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that Aria is one of the least developed of the cast. I know that Aria has to stay in her character status as a Tsundere love interest and all that, but it is still irritating that after all this time she hasn't changed her treatment of the protagonist at all. She always misunderstands the situation, she never tries to hear Kinji out, she always places all the blame on Kinji, and she always resorts to violence to solve her issues when a simple talk would have solved the problem in minutes. I know those things are just how a Tsundere character normally behaves, but there are plenty of characters who fit the archetype that broke this trend after their character development (A good example being Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku, who eventually becomes smart enough to understand that, 9 times out of 10, it is most likely a misunderstanding.)

I guess the point I'm trying to get at in my little rant is that while, its nice that the author is introducing new love interests and keeping the Harem theme going, I always feel like its pointless; because in the end Kinji will go back to Aria. She was the first girl the reader is introduced to, her name is the title of the series, so it will most likely end on the Aria route. I am still holding onto the thin hope the author doesn't go with the most obvious love interest, but with the way its going it seems like a loss cause...
This is hidan no aria we are talking about, logic no longer applies....and well the name of the novel is "Hidan no Aria", I really doubt Kinji going to end up romantically with anyone other than Aria, Harem maybe, other heroines? No
Old 2012-09-20, 20:22   Link #2952
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No idea what you're talking about, Hidan no Aria is super logical.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:03   Link #2953
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
You're being sarcastic, right?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:22   Link #2954
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Wait wut, if you are being serious I have to ask "Are we even reading the same novel?"
Old 2012-09-21, 01:43   Link #2955
Flere821
Lurker

I'd agree with the 'logical' bit, if we meant it as 'internally consistent'. Whatever 'BS' the HnA LNs throw out, at least it hasn't broken any established rules within the LN. For example, crazily powerful magicians and what-not? Been there since Cleopatra or even earlier when Jeanne showed up. It's not like the Nasuverse where the author flip-flops on things and the entire plot runs on how to rule-lawyer the other side into checkmate
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:51   Link #2956
dexli

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Wait wut, if you are being serious I have to ask "Are we even reading the same novel?"
I think pretty much after all she's the one who translated a majority of the translated volumes in BakaTsuki
dexli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:55   Link #2957
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'd agree with the 'logical' bit, if we meant it as 'internally consistent'. Whatever 'BS' the HnA LNs throw out, at least it hasn't broken any established rules within the LN. For example, crazily powerful magicians and what-not? Been there since Cleopatra or even earlier when Jeanne showed up. It's not like the Nasuverse where the author flip-flops on things and the entire plot runs on how to rule-lawyer the other side into checkmate
Well on that note, at least they explained how stuff came to be the way they are ( Just the fact that no matter how hard they will try to explain it the whole laser thing kind of hit the out-of-there-box).... but nevertheless the whole "mythical" section thing just got kinda outta hand for me =w= Ofc I still like the novel but just kinda...got outta hand...
Old 2012-09-21, 04:18   Link #2958
tsunade666

The laser thing is still within bounds of mystical powers that "can't be explained" even Holmes can't fully understand it thus he is researching and also gives leeway for the author to throw more powerful ability users against monster Kinji.

So true. Its logical in a way because it hasn't destroyed the establish setting from the beginning but the problem for us reader is because the power level of each enemy is going stronger and insaner that its not balance anymore. The word balance is the keyword because if G III presents trouble to Kinji got beaten easily by the new enemy. It means the new enemy is much broken than G III. Its not balance in terms of power.
Old 2012-09-21, 07:46   Link #2959
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey, at least we might be able to see Sun Wukong get one-shotted by the Son of God.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 08:22   Link #2960
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hey, at least we might be able to see Sun Wukong get one-shotted by the Son of God.
Only for the Son of God to be defeated by the Secret Chiefs.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen