AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 20:14   Link #41
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
How about a pick your skills and skill level section and why, etc. thread?

The thread is to pick what skills and skill level you would use to survive in SAO and how will you survive in SAO. (Unique skills are forbidden to use because they are unique skills)

Last edited by bhl88; 2012-10-09 at 20:26.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 20:39   Link #42
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
How about a pick your skills and skill level section and why, etc. thread?

The thread is to pick what skills and skill level you would use to survive in SAO and how will you survive in SAO. (Unique skills are forbidden to use because they are unique skills)
Do you think we could appropriate the existing Real life RPG survival strategies thread for this? I realize that your concept is a little bit more specific, but I think the concept is quite similar, and the topic could be carried forward that way.
Old 2012-10-12, 13:36   Link #43
Dark Paladin X

Is there a voice acting discussion yet? I want to share my dub cast idea for this show.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 13:38   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Looks like you already posted it in the Licensed thread, and I guess that's fine.
Old 2012-11-14, 02:14   Link #45
EroKing

hiya. can I request a thread for discussing the bluray/dvd specials called Sword Art Offline?
Old 2012-11-15, 11:41   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
hiya. can I request a thread for discussing the bluray/dvd specials called Sword Art Offline?
Sure. Please collect all the info together in an OP and I or another mod will start the thread for you.

edit: The thread has been created here.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-17 at 17:25.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 13:35   Link #47
tomtkp

Hello there. Can I request a thread specifically for the web novel of SAO?

SAO web novel was started in year 2001 and ended in year 2008. As SAO the light novel is basically the modified version of the web novel and the fact that the Chinese translator is currently translating Alicization arc, which is the ongoing arc for the light novel, there are many summaries from the web novel regarding the future events of the arc in the light novel thread.

I am not suggesting to ban them or erase their posts. What I need is to just open a new thread about the web novel so that anyone can:
  • Post summaries regarding the future events from the web novel
  • Discuss about the future events from the web novel
  • Make various speculations (modifications of the story from web novel to light novel etc)

This thread should be specifically made for readers who finished or are currently reading the web novel Alicization or anyone who would like a taste of spoilers from the web novel.

Hope the mods can consider my explanation and think about whether the new thread is necessary or not.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-11-19 at 13:45.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:43   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I suspect that most of the people discussing the novels are commenting about the web novels whether they know it or not, because I think I've heard that is the base for the fan translations (and I think very few people here are reading the original language source material). So based on that, I'm not sure if there's a point in splitting it. (If I'm mistaken, though, someone can correct me.)

There may be merit in a thread that compares the web novels to the printed/published novels, although I personally don't know the extent of the changes to be discussed.

Assuming what I said at the top is correct, then perhaps we could change the Novel thread title to clarify this. But as far as I know, both the web novels and printed novels can be discussed in the current novel thread at the moment (unless we change something).
Old 2012-11-22, 09:03   Link #49
nfsac

Can we have a topic to discuss Asuna And Kirito relationship?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:24   Link #50
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I suspect that most of the people discussing the novels are commenting about the web novels whether they know it or not, because I think I've heard that is the base for the fan translations (and I think very few people here are reading the original language source material). So based on that, I'm not sure if there's a point in splitting it. (If I'm mistaken, though, someone can correct me.)

There may be merit in a thread that compares the web novels to the printed/published novels, although I personally don't know the extent of the changes to be discussed.

Assuming what I said at the top is correct, then perhaps we could change the Novel thread title to clarify this. But as far as I know, both the web novels and printed novels can be discussed in the current novel thread at the moment (unless we change something).
I'm not that much involved in the discussions so it doesn't really matter to me. But the main problem I can see is that pure novel readers like me are getting spoiled by those who have read the web novels (deemed complete) while the official serialization still have 4 or 5 volumes to go. There also appear to be a number of changes or additions in the official serialization. But since I don't read anything not published officially, I can't be sure myself.

The English fan translations are primarily based on the official serialization, not the web novels. However, some people have done the fan translations of unpublished side stories and yet-to-be-published future content from the web novels but the later is far from complete.

This is just my input; only those who are familiar with both can say whether there's any point to having a second thread or not I guess.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 11:11   Link #51
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm not that much involved in the discussions so it doesn't really matter to me. But the main problem I can see is that pure novel readers like me are getting spoiled by those who have read the web novels (deemed complete) while the official serialization still have 4 or 5 volumes to go. There also appear to be a number of changes or additions in the official serialization. But since I don't read anything not published officially, I can't be sure myself.

The English fan translations are primarily based on the official serialization, not the web novels. However, some people have done the fan translations of unpublished side stories and yet-to-be-published future content from the web novels but the later is far from complete.

This is just my input; only those who are familiar with both can say whether there's any point to having a second thread or not I guess.
To wit, I would say that, given the content for the current light novel story, it will take at least another 2 years of official releases from Dengeki Bunko to finish the series when the web novel (which is the primary source, and yes, I have read through the entire story. Don't ask me for spoilers since I prefer to just spoil by translations) itself has finished as of this moment. That will probably mean another two years of spoilers plaguing the LN thread.

From what I see on the LN thread, people won't be discussing about what has already been translated (unlike most of the other series other than Mahouka) because there is already another source that predates the LNs. Since most of the readers' experience of SAO itself is by the LN (far more than those who read the web novel, which have mostly been taken down), I agree with Lare in the sense that many people are getting spoiled as a result since most of them are readers of the LNs. Most of which, there are some pretty significant or insignificant changes here and there (mostly the latter, and regarding censorship) for some volumes and for others. I sure feel that this issue will continue to plague the LN discussion for the next 2 years or so. Just like how there is a seperate thread for LN and non-LN discussion, I feel there's a need for a WN and non-WN discussion.

Then again, it's your call, mods. Just my view here.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 02:42   Link #52
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, so if we do split it, what do we do with the existing thread? Do we lock it and create two new threads (Light Novels and Web Novels)? Or does the existing thread become one or the other (and which one)?
Old 2012-11-23, 03:26   Link #53
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Okay, so if we do split it, what do we do with the existing thread? Do we lock it and create two new threads (Light Novels and Web Novels)? Or does the existing thread become one or the other (and which one)?
(a lot of posts will end up getting purged in the original thread)

Eh, my take is that the original thread will keep its light novel discussion, and to create a 'web novel discussion' just like this thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113155

This will be the so-called 'spoiler thread' where people can go in and discuss the spoilers as tomtkp proposed. As for the main thread itself, the purpose is to show spoilers for the latest released volume (especially since volume 11 will be released the next month), discuss the fan translations of the LNs, and also to speculate on the upcoming stories.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 09:00   Link #54
richardtengcy

I actually wanted to request a AMV/MAD thread but i realize we can't post video link.......any idea if this feature will be added to animesuki soon?
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 16:52   Link #55
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I actually wanted to request a AMV/MAD thread but i realize we can't post video link.......any idea if this feature will be added to animesuki soon?
I'm looking for an AMV/MAD discussion thread as well. Because after finishing the anime, I'm thinking of making a few AMVs/MADs for Sword Art Online.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 07:19   Link #56
AlphaBane

how about a thread on "favorite character in the entire series" as the series has become so popular it would be interesting to see what people's opinons would be
AlphaBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 16:45   Link #57
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBane View Post
how about a thread on "favorite character in the entire series" as the series has become so popular it would be interesting to see what people's opinons would be
Well, not for "the entire series" right yet, but I finally posted the poll for the first season of the anime. It's a start.
Old 2013-03-15, 00:41   Link #58
sky black swordman

^Assuming that if a second season is announced sometime in the future, will you create another Favorite Character(s) Poll for the second season or will you just update and incorporate new(if any) characters in to the current existing poll ?
Old 2013-04-09, 07:46   Link #59
Xalchs

Not sure if you guys have heard but theres an SAO MMORPG being made. I've been following it for awhile and it looks like it may become a possibility.

They only seem to have a facebook group at the moment. '/TheSaoProject/' I think we should have a thread just to discuss how people think its coming along
Xalchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:53   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalchs View Post
Not sure if you guys have heard but theres an SAO MMORPG being made. I've been following it for awhile and it looks like it may become a possibility.

They only seem to have a facebook group at the moment. '/TheSaoProject/' I think we should have a thread just to discuss how people think its coming along
Well, if people actually involved with the project want to discuss it, it may fit better in Fan Creations, as this isn't an officially-sanctioned project. I don't necessarily want to confuse people in that sense.