AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 20:43   Link #981
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What "development"? Sure, it was a nice scene and Hachiman got to see her dressed up differently than usual, but it didn't progress the plot or tell us much of anything that we can't figure out from the anime.

I'm also fairly certain listening to Hachiman think about how ramen is the perfect food for loners does not advance the plot either.
Character development. Might not have anything to add to the plot, but we can see how she is outside school and with Hachiman around to see it. As it is, the anime doesn't have enough of that, and seem to sideline her more (along with Totsuka and Kawasaki) for most of the time.

Let's call it "getting to know the character better." That, and some of us enjoy such development.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:52   Link #982
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Character development. Might not have anything to add to the plot, but we can see how she is outside school and with Hachiman around to see it. As it is, the anime doesn't have enough of that, and seem to sideline her more (along with Totsuka and Kawasaki) for most of the time.

Let's call it "getting to know the character better."
Well, currently Shizuka, like Haruno, has a pretty clear role to play in the story. Not only they are associated to being the source of events & stuff that the cast has to deal with, but they are also some of the few characters that can voice straight opinions about other characters from a 3rd person perspective (that's a pretty "adult" attribute, and thus we have that most of the high schoolers in the story don't do that).

In other words, yeah; parts of those characters do help us get to know the rest of the cast better; for example in the ramen date Shizuka gives a pretty clear outlook on Haruno's, Yukino's & a little bit on Hikki's modus operandi, which helps us understand them better (aka, scenes like that do have a purpose).
Old 2013-06-30, 20:58   Link #983
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In other words, yeah; parts of those characters do help us get to know the rest of the cast better; for example in the ramen date Shizuka gives a pretty clear outlook on Haruno's, Yukino's & a little bit on Hikki's modus operandi, which helps us understand them better (aka, scenes like that do have a purpose).
Well yeah, every scene in the novel has a purpose, or Watari wouldn't have included it.

I'm just saying that considering the limited time Brains Base had to animate the series, they made perfectly reasonable choices on what to cut and still stay faithful to the source material.

Personally I would have wanted them to make the scene with Hikigaya siblings taking care of Sable and Kamakura a little bit longer to better emphasize the parallel with Hachiman/Yukino and Yui relationship with each other, but I can understand why it was shortened.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-30 at 21:09.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:35   Link #984
Tenzen12

Obviously every scene in novels have meaning. Especialy with Saika!

But I would love see more of my vavourite charactes as Shizuka and Saki are. I think they DESERVE more spotlight.

PS: agree that anime made very good choices.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:56   Link #985
kobester11

Is this true?

Rumor has it that BD1 of yahari is sold out in Akiba...
I guess season 2 is not a pipe dream after all...

Still, despite that... 2 years...
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:04   Link #986
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Is this true?

Rumor has it that BD1 of yahari is sold out in Akiba...
I guess season 2 is not a pipe dream after all...

Still, despite that... 2 years...
It doesnt have to be 2 years i believe volume 8 is coming out this july and most light novel based anime cover around 2 volumes in 12-13 episodes (aka volume 7 and volume 8)

it could be a lot sooner then you think
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 00:00   Link #987
Ghanw
(-_-)

Well based on what happened this season they animated 6 volumes... It is possible to animate 2 volumes but I just don't it see it happening yet.
Old 2013-07-02, 00:06   Link #988
Wingzx

animating 2 light volumes is done alot. but i cant see volume 7 taking up to many episodes. maybe 5 episodes top depending on the pacing
Wingzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 02:40   Link #989
csuree
The Most Hated™

so sad..... it ended.
now comes the waiting......I'll be following the light novel....
not that I can read Japanese.....it's more like google translate...when the 8th volume comes out.
Old 2013-07-04, 10:33   Link #990
hira

NANODESU TRANSLATION PROJECT
http://oregairuthetranslation.wordpress.com/
hira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 10:41   Link #991
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzx View Post
animating 2 light volumes is done alot. but i cant see volume 7 taking up to many episodes. maybe 5 episodes top depending on the pacing
Two volumes is too few, especially when you consider that volume 7 ended on a cliffhanger so it will take at least another volume to end this one arc.

I'd say 4 volumes is a more reasonable pace.
Old 2013-07-05, 11:21   Link #992
terribad

Chapter 3 of volume 7 is out on Baka Tsuki. I'm not sure how much use these updates are, so I might stop. The 4chan threads have died down - as expected - since Oregairu has finished. I doubt we will get further light novel summaries.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 16:33   Link #993
Tenzen12

So far these translations didn't look bad. Anyway thanks for notice, I can't wait read itl
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:53   Link #994
terribad

I wonder how many frequent the forums. I do have some observations and theories. But I think I would be wasting my time, if no one is interested in a more serious analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So far these translations didn't look bad. Anyway thanks for notice, I can't wait read itl
I did mean to reply to your other posts but I felt they were too long. Anyway, the updates were useful for someone at least.

As for the translations, I think the anon, who did the summaries, did a good job. They seem similar by general impressions. As for the translator you mentioned, he seems good but some of his sentences are clumsy. I may do some editing. I think the NANODESU translation project is the easiest translation to read. [It's a shame, although understandable, that they're starting from the first volume].

EDIT: The soundtrack of Oregairu is on youtube. The posters made a convincing, for a layman such as myself, case that the playlist is legal or not infringing on copyright.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-07-06 at 03:06.
Old 2013-07-06, 08:19   Link #995
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well I'm still here, watching every new post, but as I have already expended my theories, I can't come up with any new ideas.

I hope someone will give us a summary when volume 8 will come out...that should breathe life into this thread once again.

as the light novel translations for vol.1-7 go on, I will also follow those too.
So far Kawasaki has showed a good character standing up vs Yumiko, but she gets dere-dere when looking at 8man :P

We welcome any updates.. so thank you again.
Old 2013-07-06, 12:41   Link #996
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Well I'm still here, watching every new post, but as I have already expended my theories, I can't come up with any new ideas.

I hope someone will give us a summary when volume 8 will come out...that should breathe life into this thread once again.

as the light novel translations for vol.1-7 go on, I will also follow those too.
So far Kawasaki has showed a good character standing up vs Yumiko, but she gets dere-dere when looking at 8man :P

We welcome any updates.. so thank you again.
I don't think volume 8 ever had a confirmed release date. The next books announced after volume 7 are 6.25 (already out) and 7.5.
Old 2013-07-07, 04:24   Link #997
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think volume 8 ever had a confirmed release date. The next books announced after volume 7 are 6.25 (already out) and 7.5.
Csuree may be basing this on previous release dates.
Spoiler for Release dates from BT:
The release dates vary by days, so they're fairly consistent.

All of the below is based on what larethian said which is linked here. Counting only the paragraphs where larethian replied, the third paragraph is relevant.

I don't think volume 8 would have a confirmed release date for itself specifically. The publisher decides when light novels comes out. All the new releases of titles under a publisher are on the shelves at the same date every "season". A title being released on a separate day is rare apparently. So, perhaps no formal announcement has been made because the release of volume 8 is given until stated otherwise. Have you checked the website for Oregairu's publisher?

Authors and editors usually work out their schedule for the year. Once set, the schedule is fairly decisive and it decides what and when is released. The series video game and 6.25 plus 7.5 release dates would have to fit around this. [Assuming the schedule was laid out first]. And those release dates do. Authors usually submit the final script a month before release. If so for Wataru, he would be around a week to two weeks late with the final script. I think he would have mentioned the situation on twitter or some blog, if the release was going to be delayed.
Old 2013-07-07, 09:03   Link #998
csuree
The Most Hated™

Yeah.
I based the release of volume 8 on the previous release dates.

The publishers site has no info....or google translate is not good enough.
can someone tell me what is the 7.5 about? i guess 6.25 was episode 13.
Thank you in advance
Old 2013-07-07, 09:11   Link #999
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Yeah.
I based the release of volume 8 on the previous release dates.

The publishers site has no info....or google translate is not good enough.
can someone tell me what is the 7.5 about? i guess 6.25 was episode 13.
Thank you in advance
most likely the ova

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:58   Link #1000
silvercrow108
Tempest of Conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
most likely the ova
i hope its not , i hope its about all the event that the mc has been through from different pov , it will be more interesting that way

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck