AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 23:02   Link #1
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Fail to see what is so amazing about FF XI

really, whenever i look at it, FF XI, in my eyes, = pure waste of time..

there is hardly a storyline from what i can tell, the characters are amazingly pathetic, really, ESPECIALLY THE TARU TARU, IF I COULD I WOULD ENSLAVE EM ALL THEY JUST PISS ME OFF someone explain to me why so many people are wasting there lives over this game...

why can't square release good games like what xenogears once was, and final fantasy 8 and 7..

can someone list for me some really good RPG's other than those i mentioned and Breath of fire 3.

like RPG's that if i did not play i would be feeling sorry, nothing that i would feel sorry for playing also

-sorry nova, just my opinion-
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 23:33   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Well... there aren't much storylines in MMORPG's in general... the whole point of such games is to immerse people into a world and have them interact with one another (via quests, mini-games, etc)... traditional RPG's are better imo... but MMORPG's have the appeal of actually entering a "different world" and interacting/socializing with other online human players... it's all up to preference really...
Old 2004-09-16, 23:42   Link #3
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Maybe RPG isn't your cup of tea. You can always just try FPS games instead. A lot less to think about. Ever consider Doom 3?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 00:27   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Well I cannot say much. ^^

I can understand, if you're not interested in meeting other people, maybe single player RPGs much more fun for you.

One of the main apeal in MMORPG like Final Fantasy XI is the freedom to do whatever you want with your character. Also It's a roleplaying game and you can actually roleplay your character in MMORPG. It's entirely up to you, you can be nice or evil. It's your game, you have the right to make your own story. ^^

I'm one of those people who roleplay chalanged myself. When I make a character, I usually set a goal if I can build a character that's more memorable than Cloud or more evil than Sepiroth. The statisfaction when my character were remembered by my friends, is the best reward for me. ^^

Almost forgot an important part. Meeting new people and making new friends. It really open up my horizon getting to know other people from around the world who are as weird as me and love video games.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 03:48   Link #5
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Maybe RPG isn't your cup of tea. You can always just try FPS games instead. A lot less to think about. Ever consider Doom 3?
you trying to turn him away from fps games too?
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 08:13   Link #6
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Obviously you have no idea of what FFXI is. It isn't even supposed to be your average single player RPG. It belongs to a whole different genre, called MMORPG.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 13:01   Link #7
DekaMaster
Banned

Well maybe you should just not play Online RPG's. Also I wouldn't call FF7 "good"
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 13:40   Link #8
Ending

Tastes are different, although I do not see anything in it either. The only good FF games are, IMO, FF6 & 7, but still they all appeal to younger gamers. Beats me what it is.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote