AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 21:13   Link #981
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, she did do it the other way before so I see no reason not to think she couldn't do it now.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:29   Link #982
Aquaman OS

She's used the Britannian cockpit before. She'd be fine. Maybe take a few mins to get used to it again but thats it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:29   Link #983
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I don't know, maybe it's the dues ex whispering in my ear but I think Suzaku is a clearly better pilot, and when motivated and pi$$ed he's prolly the best in this series...I think this ep kinda showed that a disinterested Suzaku verses an adrenaline-pumping Karen giving it all she's got still ends up being a wash of sorts, then when they both put the fight on the back-burner to save Nunally, Zero respectively you lose a little more perspective...Additionally I think Suzaku has proven his ability in a variety of different fight situations, while Karen seems pretty much the queen of close-combat melee...If she were to pilot Lancelot I'd think we'd see far less ranged pwnage (which Suzaku provides)...Another advantage to her fighting style is her power-claw which allows her to be far more aggressive because her main weapon can be utilized after just a grab or as a surprise to unsuspecting opponents...
Old 2008-05-12, 21:30   Link #984
orangejuicetang

But will she be as good piloting straight up as opposed to crouched over? Some people find themselves better doing something one way while another person perfers to do something another way. For example, when playing Super Smash Brawl, I perfer using a gamecube controller. I can still play fine with a wii remote, but not as good as I can play with a gamecube controller.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:43   Link #985
tenken627
what Yagi said

Interesting point, but you can also make the counter argument of would Suzaku do well if he was piloting the Guren and had to crouch over?
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:47   Link #986
orangejuicetang

The only way we could find out is if either Kallen steals a copy of the Lancelot or Suzuku steals a copy of the Gurren, and they fight it out. Or even better, Kallen steals the Lancelot, and while she does, Suzuku steals the Gurren so that it will be Kallen in Lancelot vs. Suzuku in Gurren.
Old 2008-05-12, 22:06   Link #987
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't know, maybe it's the dues ex whispering in my ear but I think Suzaku is a clearly better pilot, and when motivated and pi$$ed he's prolly the best in this series...I think this ep kinda showed that a disinterested Suzaku verses an adrenaline-pumping Karen giving it all she's got still ends up being a wash of sorts, then when they both put the fight on the back-burner to save Nunally, Zero respectively you lose a little more perspective...Additionally I think Suzaku has proven his ability in a variety of different fight situations, while Karen seems pretty much the queen of close-combat melee...If she were to pilot Lancelot I'd think we'd see far less ranged pwnage (which Suzaku provides)...Another advantage to her fighting style is her power-claw which allows her to be far more aggressive because her main weapon can be utilized after just a grab or as a surprise to unsuspecting opponents...
It's been like that since S1.

You got Kallen screaming and howling like some berserker with Suzaku being the quiet warrior himself (he doesn't do that much screaming anyways).

When Euphie died, all gloves were taken off and he literally became a rampaging tiger, destroying everything in his path.

I mean when you see this battle none of the Knights nor Guilford were even taking her seriously. Now that they know what she is capable of they'll up the challenge defintely.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 22:11   Link #988
Sol Falling

Suzaku is pretty clearly the better pilot, I'd say. Like, take episode 8 from the first season for example. Kallen's a sort of in your face, deal with what's in front of her fighter. I very much doubt she'd be able to perform the sort of tactical, back and forth advance Suzaku demonstrated in the tunnel, or see enough of the big picture to pull back and aim for specific targets. She's also not prone to doing the sort of acrobatic tricks that we've seen Suzaku or Rolo perform, preferring instead to brute force things with her radiation arm, both offensively and defensively. Kallen pretty much always prefers to approach her enemies straight on, while Suzaku regularly engages in deking out strategies such as the one that got him captured in episode 24.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 22:16   Link #989
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's been like that since S1.

You got Kallen screaming and howling like some berserker with Suzaku being the quiet warrior himself (he doesn't do that much screaming anyways).

When Euphie died, all gloves were taken off and he literally became a rampaging tiger, destroying everything in his path.

I mean when you see this battle none of the Knights nor Guilford were even taking her seriously. Now that they know what she is capable of they'll up the challenge defintely.
Be careful before the sheep convince you that that was just overpoweredness on Karen's part as oppose to a bit of elemental surprise and a bit of KOR's arrogance (With Suzaku being the most arrogant of all, as if he should even have to decide whether or not to take Karen out if he puts his words over his heart as he claims)...Seeing how he fought after Euphie died and how Karen fought after some of her comrades died, Suzaku is far scarier to deal with...I mean Karen in a 1v1 is scary, but Suzaku can be scary in a 10v1 as seen in ep 3...
Old 2008-05-12, 22:22   Link #990
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Be careful before the sheep convince you that that was just overpoweredness on Karen's part as oppose to a bit of elemental surprise and a bit of KOR's arrogance (With Suzaku being the most arrogant of all, as if he should even have to decide whether or not to take Karen out if he puts his words over his heart as he claims)...Seeing how he fought after Euphie died and how Karen fought after some of her comrades died, Suzaku is far scarier to deal with...I mean Karen in a 1v1 is scary, but Suzaku can be scary in a 10v1 as seen in ep 3...
I don't think most people are trying to convince others that Kallen is the better pilot, most people just think that it is more machine than man, especially when you go this futuristic.

It's like car racing. Sure, there are great drivers out there, but the difference between the great ones and the others is much smaller when you put a great driver in an inferior vehicle like the others drive.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 22:24   Link #991
orangejuicetang

Beserker Suzuku is better than Kallen, remember at the end of S1, where Suzuku was rampaging around looking for Zero, and Kallen tried to stop him, but Suzuku pretty much pwned her. I think Kallen managed to destroy one of Lancelot's arms, but than Suzuku destroyed Gurren's radiation arm and only weapon, thus rendering him the winner. He would have killed her, if Lelouch didn't show up, challenge him to a 1v1 duel, than use the school as a hostage in order to lure the Lancelot into a trap.
Old 2008-05-12, 22:26   Link #992
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Beserker Suzuku is better than Kallen, remember at the end of S1, where Suzuku was rampaging around looking for Zero, and Kallen tried to stop him, but Suzuku pretty much pwned her. I think Kallen managed to destroy one of Lancelot's arms, but than Suzuku destroyed Gurren's radiation arm and only weapon, thus rendering him the winner. He would have killed her, if Lelouch didn't show up, challenge him to a 1v1 duel, than use the school as a hostage in order to lure the Lancelot into a trap.
Kallen can never be Suzaku's equal, but that's not in any way an insult to her. Suzaku's skill is known to be supernatural, it's just that Sunrise refuse to tell us what it is yet.

I believe Kallen is as good as any KotR. Suzaku just don't count.
Old 2008-05-12, 23:23   Link #993
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
The question is could she pilot it sitting straight-up as opposed to her hawt-chick laying on an inclined couch position?
I say she could like Dann said she did before.

as for the piloting skills I'd say Kallen is the better pilot, the reason why is the somewhat similiar case of Amuro Ray.

now we all know what that unlike Kallen, Amuro started off with a mech better than anyone else's(but it should be noted the differance isn't as great as that as the difference between lancelot and sutherlands/burais), but he faced dangerous pilots such as Char, Ramba Ral,Black tri stars, and etc, not to mention Zeon developed suits on par or superior to the gundam like the gelgoog and zeong. facing these strong opponents made Amuro a better pilot.

now how is that similiar to Kallen? well unlike Amuro, Kallen had an inferior mech at the start and she did pretty well considering she went up against good pilots in better machines like Jerimiah. then when she gets the guren her mech is that superior to the enemy mechs.

so what I'm saying is we can acknowledge her and Amuro is because they faced real challenges unlike Suzaku and*cough*Kira yamato*cough*.

I'm either gonna get alot of good rep or alot of bed rep for this.

by the way does lancelot have the ejection thing now?

@tenken627 that's what I'm saying. in the cases of Suzaku and Kira Yamato it's more machine than man.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.

Last edited by dom33; 2008-05-12 at 23:41.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 23:34   Link #994
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Hey that's what I meant by the Knights would start to have to fight seriously because Kallen isn't someone they should underestimate.

Anya asks if it was the knightmare but Gino himself notes that it's because of the pilot and that they'll have to keep on their toes.
Old 2008-05-12, 23:58   Link #995
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Kallen can never be Suzaku's equal, but that's not in any way an insult to her. Suzaku's skill is known to be supernatural, it's just that Sunrise refuse to tell us what it is yet.

By that logic Suzaku will defeat Lelouch and Britannia will win. I don't think he's that supernatural that he's unequaled.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 00:00   Link #996
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

The only person with supernatural abilities is Rollo that falls into this category. The guy can freeze time around him and can literally dominate the battlefield.

Aside from excellent piloting skills has Suzaku actually shown any superhuman moves? And I do mean actual supernatural capabilities, not something that just makes him good at fighting.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:02   Link #997
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aside from excellent piloting skills has Suzaku actually shown any superhuman moves? And I do mean actual supernatural capabilities, not something that just makes him good at fighting.
running faster than bullets up a wall, and then running faster than a knightmare aren't superhuman enough for you?
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 00:06   Link #998
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
running faster than bullets up a wall, and then running faster than a knightmare aren't superhuman enough for you?
I think I might have to agree with this...
Old 2008-05-13, 00:07   Link #999
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Nope.

The Machine turret had a lag time which Suzaku used to his advantage.

By supernatural I'm talking about defying the laws of nature which Geass does.

Because when he gets into that knightmare he's not doing anything superhuman which I am relating this thing to.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:07   Link #1000
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@tenken627 that's what I'm saying. in the cases of Suzaku and Kira Yamato it's more machine than man.
I don't want to go off-topic with Gundam SEED talk, but Kira Yamato faced challenges in the first half of SEED in Strike; it's not like it was a cakewalk for him being double-teamed by other Gundams every other episode. It wasn't until Kira started piloting Freedom/Strike Freedom that someone could say it was more the suit than the pilot.

And wingdarkness, you're still alive? Haha.