AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-28, 07:16   Link #301
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Well this sucks, I just found out today that the Valkyria BEST edition now on sale in Japan comes with all the addons without additional purchase necessary.

This news made me very unhappy.

- Tak
Thanks for the heads-up. Now, to get that edition, play it, and do that Imperial-persepective fic.

P.S. for spawn: Yes, that idea is still fermenting in my head.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:20   Link #302
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
P.S. for spawn: Yes, that idea is still fermenting in my head.
I'm reminded of the movie Juno. "Keep it in the oven."
Old 2009-04-28, 15:25   Link #303
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
So I am curious. What is everyone's playing style, and what perks do you guys prefer?

Personally, my emphasis had always been placed on snipers. They are an integral part of my platoon, and I cannot live without them.

- Tak
My playing style is to take it easy and move leisurely (the alternative, with a few exceptions, being a scout rush). I'll snipe from the back, then move up both the Edelweiss and the Shamrock (this kills CP quickly, but is much more fun), followed by the shocktroopers and lancers. Sometimes I'll send a scout ahead to capture a flag, or an engineer to disarm mines and repair the tanks.

I try to deploy a mix of units, but I use snipers a lot also. Marina (Ult. Accuracy) and Catherine sometimes, but usually Marina up on a ledge or in a tower plus an engineer for resupplying (or Resupply Order). Works great in Barius Desert, when running the switches at Ghirlandaio, and on the left base at Nagiar Plains. The tower on Marberry Shore is kind of useless for snipers, since you don't really see many enemies from there.

Other than that, after deploying the CP units, I deploy another 2 or 3 shocktroopers (almost always Lynn with her Hard Worker potential, and Edy just for kicks). If there are many tanks or turrets to take care of, I'll also take Audrey and Elysse (both for their Ult. Anti-Armor). I'll add one engineer (Homer or Dallas), and maybe one more scout (Ramona or Cherry, or even Susie (just for kicks again)).
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 23:12   Link #304
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/04/30...-us-and-japan/

apparently its selling well.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 01:30   Link #305
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Hmm, in the Best edition, can you get the addons via DLC? or is there really stuff exclusive to it?

Spoiler for those who haven't reached the final level maybe?:
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 01:48   Link #306
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The DLC stuff's in the Best Version.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 05:43   Link #307
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
Hmm, in the Best edition, can you get the addons via DLC? or is there really stuff exclusive to it?

Lancer rocket in his FACE! Nothing like ending a game then doing it with a big bang. :3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 08:22   Link #308
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I had a pair of Shocktroopers double-team him. One fire from one side, then from the other, etc. until he fell.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 13:21   Link #309
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Lancer rocket in his FACE! Nothing like ending a game then doing it with a big bang. :3
that would probably be the ultimate "shut up!" move
Old 2009-05-04, 02:21   Link #310
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
jane and rosie had him for brunch...
mini tank is useless in this fight -_-
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 16:23   Link #311
Solecs

Quote:

Rosie + Neutralize from point blank range, if I remember correctly.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 00:33   Link #312
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The DLC stuff's in the Best Version.
Ahh, sorry if I wasn't clear, but to clarify, the only difference between the "Best Version" and the original is the DLC stuff? Or is there more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
jane and rosie had him for brunch...
mini tank is useless in this fight -_-
yea, aside from using it to block and destroy the first tower, i didn't use it much afterwards...(accuracy is =.=") in fact, one time the Shamrock was attacked, I ended up loosing Marina and Aika who were still in spawn bad luck and poor planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Rosie + Neutralize from point blank range, if I remember correctly.
seems most ppl use shocktroopers, makes sense
Old 2009-05-05, 02:24   Link #313
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Ahh, sorry if I wasn't clear, but to clarify, the only difference between the "Best Version" and the original is the DLC stuff? Or is there more?
Yes. You're right.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 08:19   Link #314
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Oh man, the Edy Detachment DLC...
<333 Edy and Marina.

So cute...

Oh yeah, and LOL @ Homer.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 08:27   Link #315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Oh man, the Edy Detachment DLC...
<333 Edy and Marina.
Just to let you know, there's different endings depending on what grade you get. The ending for A is a must see for Edy fans like myself.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:20   Link #316
trakker
Comical Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just to let you know, there's different endings depending on what grade you get. The ending for A is a must see for Edy fans like myself.

I dunno, D rank is pretty funny too

Spoiler for D rank:
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 10:11   Link #317
JagdPanther

When does the Edy Detachment mission take place? I am using my Clear save file and reworking my way through the game. I got up to Chapter 5 last night and I've hit neither the Edy nor Selvaria missions.

Old 2009-05-10, 10:16   Link #318
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
When does the Edy Detachment mission take place? I am using my Clear save file and reworking my way through the game. I got up to Chapter 5 last night and I've hit neither the Edy nor Selvaria missions.
The DLC content can't be found in the book. It'll appear under a new title on the main menu of the game. Of course, you have to purchase them first.
Old 2009-05-10, 12:51   Link #319
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The DLC content can't be found in the book. It'll appear under a new title on the main menu of the game. Of course, you have to purchase them first.
Oh.........

I completely didn't pay attention when I booted up yesterday. Thanks for the info (I've already purchased, downloaded, and installed them). I saw the Hard Ex missions when I was messing around but I figured you had to reach the add-on missions in the story. Oh well. I want to re-clear the game anyway with the best equipment (and I am so pumped you can get all the enemy weapons again; time to get another 5th level Imperial sniper rifle and flamethrower!).

I guess I'll play through at least the Edy detachment mission tonight.

I was reading in a guide file that for the Selvaria missions you get use of her really powerful rifle for use in the rest of the game. Is that true?

Old 2009-05-10, 13:23   Link #320
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
So I am curious. What is everyone's playing style, and what perks do you guys prefer?

Personally, my emphasis had always been placed on snipers. They are an integral part of my platoon, and I cannot live without them.

- Tak
I actually had an argument about this with a friend recently.

I rarely use Snipers, their class just doesn't appeal to me like most of the other. I'm turned off by their very small movement bar, and their very frequent misses. Yes, I know their reticule pretty much becomes a dot if you level them up and get them great weapons, but I'd rather just use my EXP to power up the classes I use more often. Basically, I power up the defense of all my units, and have my Scouts and Shocktroopers have fun. I run up right to the enemy with my Scouts and Troopers, and blast them in the head close up for a guaranteed kill. I also use the Edelweiss and Shamrock to kill some of the farther off and weaker strays of enemy units, as well as provide a shield for my troops as they advance. My engineers just stay behind the Tanks most of the time, only moving out if they need to get rid of mines or heal a badly wounded unit. Finally, a defense boosted Lancer can get behind any enemy Tank and take care of him no problem.

Just wanted to point out that I'm loving the game so far, it can easily become one of my favorite games of all time once I finish it. If there's even a slight possibility for a sequel, all I want is even more depth to the battle system, fix up the grading system, and add online versus.