AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 14:43   Link #981
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
I liked this episode so far but this car, Lemon is driving.. That was a bit to much. Or did she actually mean by "experience with aliens", those fellas?

You knew, didn't you?

Spoiler for also:
Old 2012-03-26, 15:34   Link #982
ele-ene-ene

Spoiler for end speculation:
ele-ene-ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:13   Link #983
leokiko

Remon probably elaborated some kind of plan on MIB to get Ichika to return. Anyway, perfect ending for an great series.

9/10 for overall score. Best anime of the season hands down.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:33   Link #984
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It was sad, but glad it ended on a good note.
Old 2012-03-26, 17:47   Link #985
Rei.K

Expected a bit more closure regarding Tetsuro/Kanna/Mio, but as we still got a few clues I guess it's ok. In the end, Kanna is the only one that didn't get a "happy ending".
Overall the ending was more or less what you would expect, but it was still quite touching. Nice to see the heavy implications and ties to Onegai Teacher, the fans will be delighted.

Definitely could have done without the whole alien mumbo jumbo though, as although it was fun, it felt a bit forced and too shallow to me.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:49   Link #986
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

What a great experience it was going through this... as expected of a spiritual successor of Onegai series. It's not really the best show I've seen, but it was definitely one of the more enjoyable ones.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 18:41   Link #987
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

So Remon was really from the MIB? What's more Satoshi(Manami's Husband) was also a part of it? So they heavily implied that Mizuho was Ichika's ancestors. And what's with the narration as if saying she didn't end up with Kei or they just revise a little bit for the sake of plot? Never mind

So it pretty much a MioxTetsurou which leaves Kanna alone. And the come back of Ichika at the end of the episode. They should have at least show a scene when they are holding hands somewhere and not just from the film

Whenever I see the ultraman scene of Tetsurou from their film, oh man that was really BS It feels so random. Oh wait, their film all along is already considered random

8/10 for this one
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 18:42   Link #988
jedinat

Meh, the last couple episodes brought the anime down. Lame chase scenes and predictable drama, concluded with a senselessly obscured reunion and a HUGE plot-hole that renders the previous drama pointless.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 19:54   Link #989
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Meh, the last couple episodes brought the anime down. Lame chase scenes and predictable drama, concluded with a senselessly obscured reunion and a HUGE plot-hole that renders the previous drama pointless.
Tell me about it.

It gives me the fucking heebie jeebies that they decided to make some mystery ending like they wanted us to figure out what happened in the end even though it blatantly obvious. I mean come on, people want at least an expressly shown closure, not implied ones like this. Last episode I didnt mind the alien stuff at all but they were trying hard to make it a plot device until the end, which is not bad per se, except that it cut short the scenes that they should have provided in the end. What a moose job.

I damn hope they make an OVA, and not a BS ending like this.

This season hasnt been very nice to my heart. Aquarion, Guilty Crown, ZNT, and now this.

5/10 for the episode, 8/10 for the series.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 20:08   Link #990
Rei.K

I really agree with both of you... I think the show was at its best around episodes 8 and 9, when it would focus on what was actually interesting : The relationships. To me the space/alien part of the plot was always meant to be a plot device to get things started, and shouldn't have been given so much importance in the finale.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:12   Link #991
winkel

What "plot-hole" are you guys even speaking of? Everything was concluded, perhaps not to complete satisfaction for some people, but it did have an end.

I'm just glad they finally brought it all back to OT. As with the memory... maybe something happened to the two of them after all of that series? Although this all being an "alternate universe" is also quite possible too that history turned out differently...

And at least now we have a nice explanation as to why Yamano/Morino is forever loli.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 21:25   Link #992
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
What "plot-hole" are you guys even speaking of?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-26, 21:34   Link #993
winkel

Quote:
Spoiler:
Wrong.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-26, 21:41   Link #994
jedinat

Quote:
Wrong.

Spoiler:
Uhh, do you not know what MIB is? Have you never watched MIB? If there's an MIB alien races are already on the planet. So not wrong.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:49   Link #995
winkel

How are you so sure it's an exact facsimile of the MiB from the Hollywood movies?

And how are you sure at what stage they are in their development?

The show clearly takes place in the past. So, assuming it's the same MiB, it could be at a point when the organization was just revving up, and no registered watch over aliens yet. Or maybe aliens haven't even started living on the Earth yet. Just having MiB does not mean much in that setting.

If it was a modern time setting, and MiB + plot. I might throw you a bone.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:50   Link #996
Rei.K

You guys aren't seriously debating about the gimmicky space subplot, right ? C'mon.

There are no plot holes, everything gets concluded and answers are given to those who know here to look, but that's not the issue.
I just feel all of this wasn't needed and it should have just kept going as a down to earth romance - the one thing the show was doing right up until episode 10. From the moment Ichika's sister showed up I knew the good part was behind us. They could have gone looking for that special place anyway, without having to be chased. Since Ichika is coming back in the end anyway, what was the point, except forced drama ?
Of course it all comes down to tastes and opinion, but are there really people out there who watched this for the space subplot in the first place ? I don't think so. So, having it play such an important role in the last 2 episodes which should have been about tying up loose ends regarding the relationships was a bad move in my opinion.

9/10 up to episode 10.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:54   Link #997
jedinat

Quote:
How are you so sure it's an exact facsimile of the MiB from the Hollywood movies?

And how are you sure at what stage they are in their development?

The show clearly takes place in the past. So, assuming it's the same MiB, it could be at a point when the organization was just revving up, and no registered watch over aliens yet. Or maybe aliens haven't even started living on the Earth yet. Just having MiB does not mean much in that setting.

If it was a modern time setting, and MiB + plot. I might throw you a bone.

Well, they're clearly copying the film in even the facility's layout... MIB started after first contact. It's all about policing aliens. In the anime there were monitors like those in the films. There were a ton of agents; it looked like an even bigger organization than in the film. What do they have to do if they've never even contacted some aliens? If nothing else THAT would be the big plot hole, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
You guys aren't seriously debating about the gimmicky space subplot, right ? C'mon.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:55   Link #998
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
I just feel all of this wasn't needed and it should have just kept going as a down to earth romance - the one thing the show was doing right up until episode 10. From the moment Ichika's sister showed up I knew the good part was behind us. They could have gone looking for that special place anyway, without having to be chased. Since Ichika is coming back in the end anyway, what was the point, except forced drama ?
Of course it all comes down to tastes and opinion, but are there really people out there who watched this for the space subplot in the first place ? I don't think so. So, having it play such an important role in the last 2 episodes which should have been about tying up loose ends regarding the relationships was a bad move in my opinion.
The problem is if they didn't address it, it would have been a huge unresolved plot point, and then jedinat would have a huge reason to complain ^^;

The audience knows that Ichika is running on borrowed time. The first escape pod back in 6 or 7 or whatever emphasized that. Perhaps the series didn't have to end so flashy, but it had to be resolved sooner or later.
Old 2012-03-26, 21:57   Link #999
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally wouldn't equate the movie MiB with the MiB here. I mean, for example, MiB in the movie has HQ overrun with aliens IIRC, which is not the case here, Rinon notwithstanding.

And am glad that Ichika and Kaito got a happy end (Ichika after all was wearing the Bolivia gifts big Sis gave Kaito).

Not sure what to make of the Kanna-Tetsurou-Mio triangle though, as it seems to be back to square one (barring Kanna pushing Tetsuro to take Mio as his girlfriend but him still apprehensive about it). Why no closure on that front, Nagai?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 21:57   Link #1000
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Uhh, do you not know what MIB is? Have you never watched MIB? If there's an MIB alien races are already on the planet. So not wrong.
I haven't posted in fucking years, but seeing people having problems understanding such a simple ending is actually making me rage for real, and this post in particular is fucking ridiculous. Hollywood didn't invent MiB, they are a urban legend that predates the films by decades and their existence doesn't mean there are aliens living on earth or than have made contact with humans.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen