AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-07, 05:38   Link #2841
Sixth
Hu Tao

The reason why I think the ending of Reversi is terrible because there is not epilogue or aftermath scene.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:56   Link #2842
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Was Death Note really dragged out? I didn't follow it while it was actually airing/serialized but it made sense to me that the series couldn't end with Light's actual victory. Sure, the initial conflict was set up between L and Kira but I don't think it would've been a great conclusion if the manga had ended there.
Don't you know?
There is secret ending that been leak out where Kira win.
Old 2012-04-07, 08:35   Link #2843
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
The reason why I think the ending of Reversi is terrible because there is not epilogue or aftermath scene.
I think the point was is that it didn't need one. As the fans were discussing it was supposed to be open to interpretation to a point. The entire thing was most likely crazy suspenseful and a battle of minds as much as body, it's just that we're not reading Reversi, so we don't know the full extent of the story.

I like epilogues a lot myself, but those things don't fit with every manga. Not to mention you don't know how much they wrapped up beforehand.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:38   Link #2844
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

And also, how did Schwarz and Weiss go from mere mind control to full-out demon transformation?
Old 2012-04-07, 13:44   Link #2845
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I had a where's Waldo? moment.
Old 2012-04-07, 15:17   Link #2846
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
The number of volume that Reversi has is also about 5-6 volumes, which is about the same number of volume in Death Note that's still interesting for me (the one where it's still about L vs Kira) :P
that'd be around 9, but i guess they're flaming their own editors for the prolonged ending=//
Old 2012-04-07, 16:40   Link #2847
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
that'd be around 9, but i guess they're flaming their own editors for the prolonged ending=//
The light/L battle ends after 59 chapters so just a bit more than reversi.

Though this whole discussion about the ending and not dragging it out kind of applies to bakuman,while I'd like to see it continue it seems like we're getting clues that the end is near.
Old 2012-04-07, 21:00   Link #2848
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I want Reversi anime now in real life
Old 2012-04-08, 06:53   Link #2849
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

'Reversi' ended in 49 chapters? I'm surprised it ended that quickly, given that some authors will still continue on if its popular and money is coming in. But perhaps its better to end with quality rather than quantity.

Now the question is how long more would Bakuman last?
Old 2012-04-08, 07:02   Link #2850
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or ending of Reversi is terrible? Just imagine that Luffy and Blackbeard died in the middle of the sea, and the chapter ended.
Not just you. It's hard to tell how terrible it was since we are unaware of most of the story, but it seemed way too abrupt an ending in any case. I'm not sure that's the kind of ending that leaves people in awe.
Old 2012-04-08, 09:11   Link #2851
pezzie

It really depends on what was written before it reached the very end. If they did a good job wrapping things up before the very last battle, it's possible that the final scene ending the entire series could be a great ending.

I'll just pretend that it worked out exactly that way, given everyone's reactions.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:20   Link #2852
lightbringer
M9000

This is the kind of situation where we're supposed to go with the flow The actual Reversi ending is not important in the context of the story, only the fact that it was perceived as being excellent by the other characters.

It's hard enough to come up with a decent ending for a real manga. They could've left the Reversi ending off-panel entirely, but they did not, choosing instead to show something suitably epic whilst knowing full well that not every Bakuman reader will agree. If anything they at least deserve credit for having that much guts.

I actually liked the ending but disliked the execution - the last panel with them lying in the middle of the street lacked focus imho.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:25   Link #2853
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I actually liked the ending but disliked the execution - the last panel with them lying in the middle of the street lacked focus imho.
It worked for King Kong (yes that is exactly how I saw that last Reversi panel)
Old 2012-04-09, 14:29   Link #2854
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This is the kind of situation where we're supposed to go with the flow The actual Reversi ending is not important in the context of the story, only the fact that it was perceived as being excellent by the other characters.

It's hard enough to come up with a decent ending for a real manga. They could've left the Reversi ending off-panel entirely, but they did not, choosing instead to show something suitably epic whilst knowing full well that not every Bakuman reader will agree. If anything they at least deserve credit for having that much guts.

That's how I view it..just going with the flow. Coming up with these other series is a huge undertaking, and they've been really good. Maybe not Jump-level, but pretty close. Early on in Bakuman, we weren't treated to as many panels, but from PCP onward they really stepped it up and provided high quality panels that look like they'd be in the actual series.
Old 2012-04-09, 14:31   Link #2855
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
That's how I view it..just going with the flow since making all these mangas within other mangas is a huge undertaking and these fake series have been really good. Maybe not Jump-level, but pretty close.
looks at the last arc form Bleach. What do you mean not Jump level?
Old 2012-04-11, 15:12   Link #2856
amasposu

Quote:
Jump Issue #20 RANKINGS
Not ranked - Kochikame (Lead Color Page, Cover)
1st - ONE PIECE
2nd - NARUTO
3rd - BEELZEBUB
4th - SKET DANCE
Not ranked - Haikyū!! (Center Color Page)
5th - Toriko
6th - Gintama
Not ranked - Mutô Black (Center Color Page, One Shot, 47 pages)
Not ranked - Nisekoi (Center Color Page)
7th - Bakuman。
8th - Kuroko no Basket
9th - Inumarudashii
10th - Pajama na Kanojo。
11th - BLEACH
12th - Katekyō Hitman REBORN!
13th - Kurogane
14th - magico
15th - Nurarihyon no Mago
16th - Medaka Box
17th - Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Pakky
18th - ST&RS (~END~)

Next Issue: Jump Issue #21-22
Lead Color Page(s) - ONE PIECE
Center Color Page(s):
- BEELZEBUB (24 pages)
- Bakuman (in celebration for Moritaka's wedding proposal to Miho)
- CROSS MANAGE by KAITO (One Shot, 47 pages)
Haikyū!! (23 pages)
Read the bolded. The proposal is coming. 8D
Old 2012-04-11, 15:47   Link #2857
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

PERFECT! So it will be next week?! I can't wait for that one.
Old 2012-04-11, 16:23   Link #2858
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

1st - ONE PIECE
2nd - NARUTO -insert- Ichigo100%
3rd - BEELZEBUB
4th - SKET DANCE

My top favorites ^ and its nice that Jump is giving Bakuman color pages for the wedding arc.
Old 2012-04-11, 16:37   Link #2859
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
Glad to see Beelz being 3rd, however I'm sad about Stars. I think author should think of something more mature and move to another magazine. Best for him.
Old 2012-04-11, 16:57   Link #2860
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Finally. I'm really glad they're not milking it and dragging the story too much on this part.

Tags
manga, shounen