AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 35 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 33.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-15, 21:46   Link #81
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
No offense but...

I blame all these chaos on Shirley.
LOL. You really hate Shirley, don't you? Shirley does need a wack for screaming out Euphemia's name. But really, it was pretty stupid of Euphie to go out with such a horrible "disguise" to begin with. They're all very silly imho.
Old 2007-03-15, 21:53   Link #82
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

euphi needs a new hairstyle

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-03-15 at 22:11.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 21:54   Link #83
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
btw i don't understand why diethard command sayoko to know true identity of lulu
was he know lulu is zero?
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 21:57   Link #84
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
It's not as if they're just pushing it aside though. :/
It's serious because it's throwing EVERYONE's objectives out of whack (for lack of a more captivating way to say it).
no no, certainly not.

I didn't mean that they weren't taking Euphie seriously, it's just that none of them think Euphie's plan is going to work like she intends it too.

I certainly agree with you whole heartedly that everyone is severly freaked out by this plan. >:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
btw i don't understand why diethard command sayoko to know true identity of lulu
was he know lulu is zero?
from what I got, Diethard had previously assigned Sayoko to keep tabs on Kallen (probably after she became 0 squad leader) and to try and figure out who Zero was. now, he tells her that she doesn't have to worry about Kallen anymore, and should just focus on the original assignment to find out Zero's identity.

so no, Diethard still doesn't know who Zero is, and judging from Sayoko's appearances so far, I still don't think she's even suspected Lelouch. :\
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:01   Link #85
Juvyniled

Shirley appears to be an annoying character, but her character makes the situation more interesting. She is really pitiable considering that she is left with no recollection of this person who apparently murdered her father, and whom she seemed (from her perspective) to have a close relationship with. And besides, it's all karma.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:05   Link #86
KoroshiyaX
X

During the scene where Schneizel approved Euphemia's idea of a Special Zone really easily. This is what he actually says after Euphie showed him the documents:

Schneizel: This idea is really wonderful!
Schneizel: You should go do what you truly believe in!
Schneizel: I will speak to Cornelia about it for you.

BTW, this is before he meets up with Cornelia and the rest of his knights. So when he did meet with Cornelia, he DID NOT mention anything about Euphie's Special Zone idea. Which is why Cornelia had such a big ZOMGWTFBBQ reaction to Euphie's announcement.

So yeah, I agree with all those who said there are alarms ringing all over the place when it comes to Schneizel.

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:05   Link #87
kakashi524

This episode was somewhat disappointing, i was expecting some more action, and more revelations.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:06   Link #88
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Shirley appears to be an annoying character, but her character makes the situation more interesting. She is really pitiable considering that she is left with no recollection of this person who apparently murdered her father, and whom she seemed (from her perspective) to have a close relationship with. And besides, it's all karma.
wonder if she's going to be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Lelouch is an imperial prince.

lord things would get complicated for her then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi524 View Post
This episode was somewhat disappointing, i was expecting some more action, and more revelations.
what, you mean other than Euphie's master plan? or the fact Sayoko's been working for Diethard? or Nunnally meeting Diethard again? oh, and now Lu and Kallen know about Ougixsome girl (Villetta), that'll be fun later.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:06   Link #89
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Finally got to see the episode. Was gone for a whole day.

My god, I didn't expect much from the episode, being a pizza comedy one...
but man story advanced! And lots of great development too.
We get to see the Granstone Knights, glimpse of Ornage, Sayako-san's true identity, Viletta and Ougi, Euphie, C.C.'s pizza , everything you could ask for were packed in this episode. A first 10/10 from me in long time.

Btw, those worrying about Infinite Ryvius...
IMO, Ryvius is still the best anime Taniguchi has ever made, IMO.
Don't worry, it's one of the best Sci-Fi anime ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
from what I got, Diethard had previously assigned Sayoko to keep tabs on Kallen (probably after she became 0 squad leader) and to try and figure out who Zero was. now, he tells her that she doesn't have to worry about Kallen anymore, and should just focus on the original assignment to find out Zero's identity.

so no, Diethard still doesn't know who Zero is, and judging from Sayoko's appearances so far, I still don't think she's even suspected Lelouch. :\
Diethard said nothing to Sayoko about finding out who Zero is.
What he said, is that in time he'll introduce her to Zero, so until then stay in the Britanian settlement as a spy.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:07   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Which is why Cornelia had such a big ZOMGWTFBBQ reaction to Euphie's announcement.
You sir have won my internets.

& yes, we finally get to see the truth behind Schneizel's nice side. End of season climax anyone?
Old 2007-03-15, 22:12   Link #91
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay
wonder if she's going to be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Lelouch is an imperial prince.

lord things would get complicated for her then.
How she responds is the question. She's been rather calm regarding the whole matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
& yes, we finally get to see the truth behind Schneizel's nice side. End of season climax anyone?
I still have no clue as to what the terms of the Special Zone are.
Spoiler:

Though, if Euphemia doesn't respond to it properly if it plays out the way I mentioned in the spoiler.... her reputation with the Elevens will be trashed just as much as Suzaku's.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:13   Link #92
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Spoiler:
WTF are u talking about? Kallen naked scene scored 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all at once, and left no room for other scenes.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:15   Link #93
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi524 View Post
WTF are u talking about? Kallen naked scene scored 1st, 2nd and 3rd place all at once, and left no room for other scenes.
She was referring to what the people voted for the top 3 scenes in the anime. -_-; Durrr, I'm sure everyone would say that when Kallen pops out with her titties onstage it's always the best.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:17   Link #94
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 22:20   Link #95
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Btw, those worrying about Infinite Ryvius...
IMO, Ryvius is still the best anime Taniguchi has ever made, IMO.
Don't worry, it's one of the best Sci-Fi anime ever.
I have heard this before too. 0_o well, I've enjoyed all his other stuff, I don't doubt it'll be fun. (still, what about Planetes? ). anyway...

Quote:
What he said, is that in time he'll introduce her to Zero, so until then stay in the Britanian settlement as a spy.
you're the native speaker, not me. ^_^b

probably shouldn't have even bothered posting what I assumed using the japanese comprehension of a 2 year old. ;_;
Old 2007-03-15, 22:22   Link #96
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Such a wonderful episode if you ask me. Plenty happened in episode 21 --- which shows that Goro already has plenty of plans for the second season.

Spoiler for Episode 21:

So yeah, i loved this episode for just about everything that happened. :3
I added some comments to the quote above.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:35   Link #97
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanecer View Post
Some
It's stuff like this that keep me interested in shows like Geass even after they've jumped the shark. There's still potential here, but it seems like it's just getting pissed away.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 22:39   Link #98
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
It's stuff like this that keep me interested in shows like Geass even after they've jumped the shark. There's still potential here, but it seems like it's just getting pissed away.
There's still TONS of ways this show could go. I'm not exactly sure what is being pissed away, since Geass has not been revealed at all, and several key players have yet to be introduced. And they're baiting us real well into believing that the conflict is already calming down, when many many things could go wrong.

And Sayoko becoming involved doesn't really change anything; there's already plenty of people trying to figure out or have already figured out Zero's identity.
Old 2007-03-15, 22:59   Link #99
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Eh? I don't see what there is to complain about yet. The show is still fabulous. Of course, who knows if it will end on a good note. They could mess things up. But I'm going to be positive here.
Old 2007-03-15, 23:11   Link #100
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
There's still TONS of ways this show could go.
A very ambiguous answer betrays a vague and unclear mind. What, exactly, do you mean by "go"? My initial impresson of Geass was that it was a shounen "rags to riches" story with a mecha flavour, but now it's been overburden with a ton of romantic filler we've been told with never bear fruit and the plot frequently repeats itself or goes in a complete circle.

In December, I said Geass was the best anime of 2006/2007. Now it's not even worthy enough to be flushed down the toilets of Studio Deen; the plot is riddled with outrageous implausible events that seem only possible by relying on coincidence or plot armour, the supreme idiocy of certain characters and the iron-hard sterotypes only serve to aggravate an intelligent or experienced viewer.

At this point, Geass has become more of a joke/harem love-dove show than an actual epic depicting a young man bearing his own revolutionary arms and seeking revenge. Lelouch himself is the only saving grace of this show thus far; everything focusing around him and his reactions to everything around him are downright fascinating, and without him Geass would be a diarrhaetic travesty.

This is why it would be natural for me to be pleased with the "Sayoko being close to Zero all along but not knowing who he is only to learn his identity and Lelouch and Sayoko experience flushes of surprise"; it's easily potential awesome for Lelouch, and Sayoko as well; she's my favourite character.

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what is being pissed away, since Geass has not been revealed at all, and several key players have yet to be introduced. And they're baiting us real well into believing that the conflict is already calming down, when many many things could go wrong.
Geass was originally pitched as a ladder-climb; Lelouch killing Clovis was the first rung, and controlling all of Japan the final rung before switching ladders. Right now, Lelouch's climb has slowed so much it's implausible that he'll just jump nine or ten rungs up to "conquest of Japan"; Cornelia is still alive, his allies are growing uneasy, Schneizel has arrived, he's got personal problems that are trivial from the world's perspective, and he's letting those problems affect his vertical progression.

In sum, the short has stagnated, or "dragged". A LOT. Nothing feels epic anymore and even Zero's theatrics have died down, such that a lot of the mysterious/enigmatic appeal to the character have been deflated by his mundane and clumsy reactions/movements.

Right now, I couldn't care for C.C.'s past, Shirley, Suzaku, or Euphemia; I want to see Lelouch primarily and have the lives of those other characters be secondary, not central. CG is Lelouch's story; he is the main character. By promoting people like Suzaku and Euphemia to main character status, the focus on Lelouch has dulled and now the series feels so utterly superficial/contrived it's chocking the entertainment sector of my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The show is still fabulous.
I'm going to attempt to break down "fabulous" into bullet points so that you can elaborate. My questions included below are not meant to be leading.

1. How is Geass ground-breaking?
2. If not ground-breaking, how does Geass improve on established stock situations/characters?
3. Is the artwork original/refreshing? Explain.
4. Is the sound-track original/refreshing? On what basis are these attributes founded on?
5. What of the voice acting? Can you draw comparisons?
6. Describe the animation quality; do you feel it to be higher than other shows? If so, which?

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-03-20 at 01:18. Reason: lof -> lot
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote