AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-04, 19:55   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I gotta say, 28 was - by far - the worst episode of Major so far, and I was very worried. But 29 was very good, so I'm relaxing - for now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 04:49   Link #42
Chrisse

for the moment i like major, can't wait to see more

does anyone have the song of the opening? or can tell me where i can find it ? (by pm)
Chrisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 23:52   Link #43
Chotomatei
足球迷

A bit disappointed with the first few episodes of the 2nd season so far. Even more so with the opening and ending themes. I'm sure things are gonna pick up, although i'm hoping it'll be sooner rather than later. Someone mentioned the character designs seemed too mature and I'd have to agree with that. It's kinda hard remembering that they're all still just 13-14 year olds when they're looking like that. And thanks again to MJN and Saizen for subbing the series.

Edit:
Chrisse check your pm
Chotomatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 04:01   Link #44
kobun

Whats the name of the song, and name of the group who does the intro.. its very catchy..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 11:27   Link #45
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun
Whats the name of the song, and name of the group who does the intro.. its very catchy..
2nd Season OP
"Saraba Aoki Omokage"
by Road of Major
single comes out Feb 8

2nd Season ED
"Wonderland"
by MAY
single comes out Feb 22
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 12:12   Link #46
Athanor

Ep 30 is released now ^__^
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:21   Link #47
sangofe

You know, you don't need to spam this topic every time you release...
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 14:28   Link #48
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe
You know, you don't need to spam this topic every time you release...
Remembering the threads for Wild Striker and Buzzer Beater, I don't think you have room to talk there, sangofe.
Old 2006-01-15, 16:34   Link #49
Athanor

Won't notice the next time then ^^

Sorry for the spamming.
Old 2006-01-15, 18:02   Link #50
MB™
Saizen encoder

Don't mind Sangofe, like we have any right to say what u post or not. Just as logm as it isn't goatse or something like that :P
MB™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 18:42   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Keep posting it, Athanor - I don't see it as spam at all. I would think Major fans would be happy to get the notice ASAP.
Old 2006-01-15, 19:53   Link #52
ser2703

Agreed. It's not spam, it's sparking up the discussion for the next episode, and notifying us about a release of ths topic's show, which is relevant in a topic like this.
Don't worry about it, Athanor.
But let's get back to actualy talking about the show.
ser2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 10:17   Link #53
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
Keep posting it, Athanor - I don't see it as spam at all. I would think Major fans would be happy to get the notice ASAP.
I used to do the same shit as Athanor did before, and I got yelled at for spamming, so...
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 12:26   Link #54
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

oi, what's with the:
Note: Goro refers to his dead father as 'daddy', and his father-in-law as 'dad'.

'father-in-law'? When was he married?
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 12:51   Link #55
hooliganj
Team Player

That should probably read "step-father", but who knows what the editors over at MJN think is going on.

In most cases Gorou refers to Shigeno as "oyaji" while still refering to Honda Shigeharu as "otousan". At Saizen we're using "old man" and "dad", but that's just my preference as translator.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:04   Link #56
Athanor

guess the in law came from the adoption thingie.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:17   Link #57
hooliganj
Team Player

"In-laws" refers to your spouse's extended family after you get married. Actually, since Momoko is not Gorou's real mother either, even "step-father" isn't entirely accurate, especially since Gorou is apparently now registered under Shigeno's family register. "Adopted father" or just "father" is really all it is.
Old 2006-01-16, 18:23   Link #58
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Right. It's either adopted father or foster father since Goro's current mom didn't really marry his biological father before he passed away. The current parents now are his foster parents (w/no blood related ties whatsoever.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:22   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Right. It's either adopted father or foster father since Goro's current mom didn't really marry his biological father before he passed away. The current parents now are his foster parents (w/no blood related ties whatsoever.)
Adoptive patents, I guess you could say - since foster parents implies temporary. Goro would be an orphan in that sense, since none of his biological family (save that weird Uncle) survive, had he not been adopted.

Back to the show! Ep 4 was pretty good, I thought - some interesting twists and turns, and the Goro/Toshi relationship is always interesting to watch unfold. I hope we see more detail in the Goro/Shimizu line soon - I'd really like to see those kids gets together (although Goro might be risking arrest, since he looks 15 years older than her!).
Old 2006-01-16, 19:48   Link #60
Bane the ECF
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
oi, what's with the:
Note: Goro refers to his dead father as 'daddy', and his father-in-law as 'dad'.

'father-in-law'? When was he married?
Doh! I'm an idiot. I can't believe I used such incorrect terminology. 'Stepfather' is in fact the correct term. Of course, like someone mentioned Momoko is actually legally a stepmother too.

Anyhow, you can all give me one real mistake an episode for all the work I put into this.

----

Back to the actual episode. Another point that hasn't been mentioned yet is that I can't wait to see Shimizu get teased by her girl friends after being seen hanging out with Goro a lot. Especially after she's gotten the reputation for hating baseball guys.

Bane
Bane the ECF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports