AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-12, 21:32   Link #21
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
(It would be hilarious if Nanoha StrikerS is told through Kyon'no's narriation...)
yes, it would be nice to see Sugita showing his flexibility. I have to admit though that Hideki in Chobits really isn't very unique a character for me to recall about. The alien subordinate in PPD! however was very well done.
Chrno(adult) is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita in MSLN A's, and will be voiced by him in MSLN StrikerS. So... on a VA level, we will be seeing a superficial reunification of Mai and Yuuichi in StrikerS.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-12, 22:06   Link #22
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Have you guys seen Honey & Clover? While Mayama isn't necessarily a drastically "different" type of role, Sugita embodies the character & his emotions astoundingly well. I'm almost glad I watched Honey & Clover after seeing all of Haruhi and starting Kanon, since his portrayal of Mayama is so strong that I probably wouldn't have been able to get it out of my head. I find the Kyon image harder to shake when I watch Kanon since, physically, Yuuichi and Kyon already look quite similar.

I think that Sugita's voice is more of the distinctive type--he's not a vocal chameleon like Tanaka Rie. Then again, I think that female seiyuu tend to be more vocally flexible than their male counterparts.
Old 2007-01-12, 22:50   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Let me introduce you to Rob Paulsen, Jesse Harnell, Maurice LaMarche .... or perhaps resurrect Mel Blanc. Vocal flexibility is not a female domain but then the japanese industry seems to be uninterested in having "thousand voice" VAs ... it isn't really clear why they don't make better use of such skills (unless it has to do with not wanting the VAs to be capable of exerting too much star power?).

That'll be interesting to hear how Sugita handles Chrono (I don't recall him being terribly sarcastic.. mostly earnest). But yeah... Sugita is more like asking for Clint Eastwood in a part... no matter what role he's doing.... to some extent it is still Clint Eastwood

i'd forgotten he'd done Mayama though.... I'd call that reasonably different personality projection (which is really what we're after here... the voice can be the same pitch/tone/timbre and still be totally different if the actor can project a variety of personalities.)
Old 2007-01-13, 18:20   Link #24
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

As I've said before, somewhere, I really enjoyed the Kanon Special made for the 2002 series, a six minute video that showed the seiyuu in the studio recording scenes for the first episode of Kanon 2002.

I hope something like this is done again but don't recall seeing any other "behind the scenes" or "making of" specials for other shows. But I'm not really an anime fanatic; I've really only followed a couple dozen or more series. So is this type of thing common or rare?

And where did the Kanon Special come from? A DVD extra, or was it televised at some point?

The special I'm talking about can be found here as Kanon (2002) Special. It doesn't contain any spoilers for the current series so it's safe for newbies to watch.

As a bonus, you get to see Kisaichi Atsushi (2002 Yuuichi), Koda Mariko (Nayuki),
Horie Yui (Ayu) and Minaguchi Yuko (Akkiko) recording some of their dialogue in the studio in front of a projected image of the Kanon 2002 anime. Koda Mariko is fun to watch as she is expressive while she performs Nayuki's lines, although you never see her expressions and body language in the anime.

So here's hoping for another Kanon "behind the scenes" special.
Old 2007-01-13, 18:56   Link #25
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
As I've said before, somewhere, I really enjoyed the Kanon Special made for the 2002 series, a six minute video that showed the seiyuu in the studio recording scenes for the first episode of Kanon 2002.

I hope something like this is done again but don't recall seeing any other "behind the scenes" or "making of" specials for other shows. But I'm not really an anime fanatic; I've really only followed a couple dozen or more series. So is this type of thing common or rare?

And where did the Kanon Special come from? A DVD extra, or was it televised at some point?

The special I'm talking about can be found here as Kanon (2002) Special. It doesn't contain any spoilers for the current series so it's safe for newbies to watch.

As a bonus, you get to see Kisaichi Atsushi (2002 Yuuichi), Koda Mariko (Nayuki),
Horie Yui (Ayu) and Minaguchi Yuko (Akkiko) recording some of their dialogue in the studio in front of a projected image of the Kanon 2002 anime. Koda Mariko is fun to watch as she is expressive while she performs Nayuki's lines, although you never see her expressions and body language in the anime.

So here's hoping for another Kanon "behind the scenes" special.
Kinda common. Just not leaked that easily into the internet so you don't know unless you buy the DVDs from Japan.

The first DVD special for the 2006 version of Kanon is about how KyoAni did the animation and stuff though. Wonder what's the next special is gonna be about.
Old 2007-01-13, 22:01   Link #26
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
The first DVD special for the 2006 version of Kanon is about how KyoAni did the animation and stuff though. Wonder what's the next special is gonna be about.
You're being mean to me! I want it, I want it, I want it... but with subtitles.
Old 2007-01-13, 22:06   Link #27
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

lol! Too bad it didn't come with subtitles. ^^"
Closed Thread