AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 26 [Finale] Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 22.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-04, 09:34   Link #121
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Faldio's sniper part could have been handled by any 7 sniper at all, instead we get Engines who are having SMGs, Marina alternating between a sniper rifle and a assault rifle and Largo who ditched his lancer for a gun. (I'm nitpicking I know, but still...)

Other than that, how did a head on shot by Alicia produce a hole at the side of that tank?
Brunh is a dead town, even if they liberated it what, 6 eps ago?
What, no Lynn, my fav shock...
After all that talk about attacking the transfer unit on Max, they decide to overload it instead, and they made his death kinda noble (no surrender) instead of being dragged kicking and screaming in...

I should have played the game after the show, lowers my expectations a bit...
Well, we see the back of Lynn's head for like 2 seconds when Karl jumps off the back of that truck during the epilogue.

And I wonder what it would be like to watch this abomination in-full and THEN play the game... I mean, this series did nothing to take away from the total enjoyment I felt playing VC, but doing it the other way around may have made it even better.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-10-04, 14:55   Link #122
Scython

I like how everybody spent 2-3 episodes being emo about Isara's death, but nobody gives a damn f*ck about Faldio himself and his whole crew being toasted.

Having said that, the ending was pretty nice. A nice ending to a nice anime. (Yes, I found it pretty entertaining overall)

Also, gief moar lelouch
Old 2009-10-04, 15:25   Link #123
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
I like how everybody spent 2-3 episodes being emo about Isara's death, but nobody gives a damn f*ck about Faldio himself and his whole crew being toasted.
lol i thought this was funny as well
Old 2009-10-04, 15:43   Link #124
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Hey that's not true! I'm still grieving over Wendy's demise alongside the rest of Squad 1 in episode 20!

Ramal and Faldio on the other hand had it coming.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:04   Link #125
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Still wonder what happened to the special tank ...
Old 2009-10-04, 16:42   Link #126
dfens

Man what a let down I can't beleive I was able to make it to the end. They totally ruined the series the game was much better and I only played it after watching the first couple of episodes. The anime like the game suffered from it didn't fell like a real war. No heavy machine guns, mortars, no air planes what so ever, hell they barely used any ground vehicles. Plus the fact they only had a handfull of troops per battle you call that a war.

Why couldn't they just follow the game it would have been much better, in some parts they made some minor tweaks which I can understand but this ending had so much potential.

For those of you who want to know the game ending went like this. Faldio knocks himself and maximilian down that hole so save the day and to make up for shooting Alicia. He died a hero.

Largo and I think Lyenett that hot chick with the glasses retire from the military and get married.

Rosie becomes a singing Idol, and visits Isara's grave every year.

And the part everyone wanted to see. Welkin and Alicia are married. Alicia is a baker and Welkin is a school teacher and they have a daughter. The lamest part is her name is guess, -----Isara like I didn't see that coming.
Old 2009-10-04, 17:12   Link #127
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Don't think that post is appropriate at least without spoiler tags dfens... Unless I'm wrong.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:37   Link #128
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Fabio's crew lacked character development/screen time (except Ramal). We can't be emo about characters we hardly knew.

As for Fabio himself he is treated like the Shin Asuka of VC. He has been ridiculously saving people left and right since the early episodes so everyone just sort of expected him to go out with a bang or something I guess.

Spoiler for what a way to go out:

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-10-05 at 01:58.
Old 2009-10-05, 02:11   Link #129
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Fabio's crew lacked character development/screen time (except Ramal). We can't be emo about characters we hardly knew.

As for Fabio himself he is treated like the Shin Asuka of VC. He has been ridiculously saving people left and right since the early episodes so everyone just sort of expected him to go out with a bang or something I guess.

Spoiler for what a way to go out:
A flashy exit for a flashy character, I guess.
It's a sad [i] sad[/] world......

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
Old 2009-10-05, 03:38   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You'd think after the amount of over the top screentime, and spot light Faldio had, they'd give him a death scene that would reach the heavens. But no, not even Welkin said anything in the end, and Alicia didn't even ask about him.
Old 2009-10-05, 03:46   Link #131
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You'd think after the amount of over the top screentime, and spot light Faldio had, they'd give him a death scene that would reach the heavens. But no, not even Welkin said anything in the end, and Alicia didn't even ask about him.
Maybe they feel that they are not worthy to speak about such a HERO

Old 2009-10-05, 10:56   Link #132
tazilla

(sigh) As someone who really enjoyed the game and will buy the sequel the minute it's

released, I found the whole episode awkward. The epilogue was the only part I thought was

decent as it showed what happened to everyone...except I wouldn't have cared much for the

squad members if I'd not played the game. Waaaaayyyyyyy too much time spent on Faldio,

would have liked to see more development on others instead (e.g. Varrot and her tragic past

in the first war, Isara's dream, or even more on Welkin lol).

Please don't make a season 2 of VC anime...
Old 2009-10-06, 02:38   Link #133
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazilla View Post
(sigh) As someone who really enjoyed the game and will buy the sequel the minute it's released, I found the whole episode awkward.
Please don't make a season 2 of VC anime...
Well said!

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
Old 2009-10-06, 08:10   Link #134
xKeen

Just to give some thoughts.The reason why they didn't have the tank with them is probably cause in ep 24 when welkin wanted to go look for alicia(?)not sure what they were doing but they were kind of hiking when the huge ass tank crashed into the castle,so they retreated.Another thing,the small amount of troops may be due to the selvaria wipeout/real troops deployed but with militia in the city only.
Despite that,Maximilian killed the shady assasins in an episode,which guns couldn't.Wonder why he needs the valkyria weapon thingy...

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-10-06 at 08:31.
Old 2009-10-06, 09:25   Link #135
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Just to give some thoughts.The reason why they didn't have the tank with them is probably cause in ep 24 when welkin wanted to go look for alicia(?)not sure what they were doing but they were kind of hiking when the huge ass tank crashed into the castle,so they retreated.Another thing,the small amount of troops may be due to the selvaria wipeout/real troops deployed but with militia in the city only.
Despite that,Maximilian killed the shady assasins in an episode,which guns couldn't.Wonder why he needs the valkyria weapon thingy...
It's simple. It was a powerful weapon, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I will admit, I found Maximilian's downfall a LITTLE anticlimactic. I mean, if they had given him a sympathetic death, VC would've been absolutely perfect. But then again, nothing is.

Still, it's not enough to make me dislike the series.
Old 2009-10-07, 13:24   Link #136
Velsy

Seeing doremi *still* hasnt released the last 3 eps, I went ahead and aquired the gleam ones (now I have ayako, gleam and doremi :/ )

As for Faldio, remember he was beeing charged with (kindnapping of the princess) but Princess Cordial said she was going to get him off those charges, But the shooting of a friendly officier remainded (But I thought he'd get a light sentence if Captain Varrot stepped in and if Alicia testified it was accidental)

I guess its unknown what happened to him. Hes begiven alot of hate, but I thought of him as an interesting character to the series, His fate was the betrayers card I'd refer too, He betrayed his country in order to save it. But I know a bunch of you will be rejoicing (I have to admit, the archer/faldio picture was really funny) Literly have coffee to clean off my monitor.

I sorta happy Jaegan was still alive, but I would like to at least know how he got away/survived. imo he was the best character on the Imperial side. If only Selevaria would open her eyes and see that he'd make a better man to protect. Would of been nice if he had defected to Gallia and *replaced* General Damon O_o

The series was having ups and downs, I was really enjoying it until just past midway thu, then when the squad abandoned Alicia, I hated it, now they all apologetic and stuff, but the damage is already done. It took the realistism from it.

Would of also liked to have seen the Edelwess take a much better role in the fighting, it was a superior tank afterall. But it was rarely used. Rather rusting up.

As for the darcen calamity, I really glad I solved that ages ago. At least I solved something right before the answers were revealed or spoiled (ahem, 2nd OP).

As I like my rankings of anime., few episodes ago I was ready to give this a 7 because it failed on exciting action (for being based of a turn based strategy game) and the dialog had become messed up. ima consider a bit more how it ended if I change my opinion of it.

Honestly, after just having watched Full metal Alchimest, it blows Valkyria Chronicles out of the water. Tho that recieved a 9 from me. Plus Selvaria should take notes on Lt. Hawkeye, how to be a proper guardian

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-10-07, 17:50   Link #137
tazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Honestly, after just having watched Full metal Alchimest, it blows Valkyria Chronicles out of the water.
Lol, that is very true indeed.
The new FMA is far superior to this series in every way.
What a shame that VC wasn't done by someone like Studio Bones...but instead by amateurs...
Old 2009-10-08, 13:00   Link #138
trakker
Comical Scamp

So i guess our overall lession is,

If you want to watch Valkyria Chronicles, boot up your ps3 or youtube and watch all the game cutscenes end to end =D

I have actually given up downloading it and removed all the anime from my pc, quite frankly, very dissapointed
Old 2009-10-08, 14:04   Link #139
cloner4000

I think the anime take all the major scenes and takes it away and while develop more on the side character...totally shafted the main characters
Spoiler for game plot:
Old 2009-10-10, 00:46   Link #140
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Good ending! finally an anime with a good ending, i loved the game and was starting to worry about all the faldio sh!t, but good thing they didnt ruin it up
Closed Thread