AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 41 39.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-30, 13:40   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Lucky Star - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-06-30, 16:17   Link #2
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

I am anticipating this supposed new OP sequence.
Old 2007-06-30, 16:44   Link #3
Psychotic_Virtue

I Dunno About You But Im Starting To See A Pattern Here. We Getting A Good Episode Followed By An Average Mediocre Episode. Therefore By Rule This Episode Will Be "Meh" So To Speak...

P.V.
Old 2007-06-30, 19:03   Link #4
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Whatever the new OP sequence is, if there is one, the reaction will be extreme - either it sucks because the first one is so surprising and impressive, or it'll shock us by outdoing even the former.
Old 2007-06-30, 23:34   Link #5
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Each episode airs Sunday at 00:30 in Japan, right? It's Saturday 23:30 Central Daylight Time right now, which means the episode is already done and aired, right?

Might have to start searching for this new OP right away. It's bound to be spreading on the web already.
Old 2007-06-30, 23:57   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Each episode airs Sunday at 00:30 in Japan, right? It's Saturday 23:30 Central Daylight Time right now, which means the episode is already done and aired, right?
Oi, where are you getting your numbers from? There's a 10-hour difference between Central American time and Japan. The episode airs at 0:30 of Sunday, which means 10:30 AM tomorrow

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-01, 00:16   Link #7
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_JP.aspx

So then you're saying it's a misnomer. While you could say Lucky Star airs "Sunday night," it is technically already Monday by the 00:30 airtime.

I understand there's a ten-hour difference if you travel west from USA to Japan, but you also cross the international date line going west.

As of my post, it is 14:14 Sunday afternoon in Japan.
Old 2007-07-01, 00:31   Link #8
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Nico Nico Douga doesn't have it yet, as of this post. Given my luck, it will be there right after I post this and go to bed.

By the way, the ep13 preview has some really freaky Kagami. Personally, I don't have such high hopes of the new OP, but that's just me.

Sorry...I got a bit pessimistic tonight for no good reason.
Old 2007-07-01, 01:35   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Nico Nico Douga doesn't have it yet, as of this post. Given my luck, it will be there right after I post this and go to bed.

By the way, the ep13 preview has some really freaky Kagami. Personally, I don't have such high hopes of the new OP, but that's just me.

Sorry...I got a bit pessimistic tonight for no good reason.
It'll probably be the same type of dance song only of course with a different tune and lyrics, but same overall sound. As such it will likely be well received if not simply for a connection to Haruhi. Regardless of anything it's existence makes it a chart topper. I of course have to assume it will be sung by Aya Hirano and The Stars again.

The question I'm curious to have answered is would people prefer a repeat of Sailor Fuku or for them to try something different post Haruhi or if anything is fine as long as it's done by Aya Hirano.
Old 2007-07-01, 01:45   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I will say, even in the other forums, people are getting tired of the "Haruhi"-ites who don't just like/dislike Lucky*Star for what it is. They're only there because of the assumed connections to "other entities".

Reminds me of people who show up to concerts and they have no idea who the group is... they just know its an "in" thing to be at. That's the feeling I get sometimes reading some posts.

A new OP would be interesting but I kind of like the one they're using... I suppose the new one will make more use of the incoming characters. In the end, I still have the manga to read
Old 2007-07-01, 01:54   Link #11
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The question I'm curious to have answered is would people prefer a repeat of Sailor Fuku or for them to try something different post Haruhi or if anything is fine as long as it's done by Aya Hirano.
No, no no, I really don't care if Aya Hirano never sings another song in her life. It's OK if she does, but it's most certainly OK if she doesn't... Not necessarily for her career, but I'm not talking about that anyways.

I would actually prefer to keep Motteke Sailor Fuku because it's already a really great intro, and it's not as if L*S is going to be a loong series anyways. A new intro would be nice, but I feel that it's unnecessary, is all.
Old 2007-07-01, 02:12   Link #12
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Wait...new intro? GTFO with that, I like the original.
Old 2007-07-01, 02:18   Link #13
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Lucky Star airs for me at 8:30 AM PST, and this week I'll be sadly waiting for an opportunity to get my Motteke! Sailor Fuku CD to get signed. I'm hoping that I'll get some sort of Internet connection outside the convention center so that I can login to Nico Nico Douga.
Old 2007-07-01, 03:31   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post

I would actually prefer to keep Motteke Sailor Fuku because it's already a really great intro, and it's not as if L*S is going to be a loong series anyways. A new intro would be nice, but I feel that it's unnecessary, is all.
In all honesty, me too. However, pressures to launch a new Single may have gotten the best of Motteke Sailor Fuku. It's alright in my books really and certainly unique for a song sung by an Idol and her co-workers. There seems to be an unspoken rule in the industry these days though that you must introduce a new opening and get a new song out every 13 or so episodes. Only a few 26+ episode series dare to break this rule anymore, but I honestly can't think of any.
Old 2007-07-01, 04:25   Link #15
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
So then you're saying it's a misnomer. While you could say Lucky Star airs "Sunday night," it is technically already Monday by the 00:30 airtime.
It's not a misnomer. Japanese television is from 400-2800 therefore eliminating any ambiguity of what day stuf airs. It airs at 2430 Sunday.
Old 2007-07-01, 04:48   Link #16
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
im giving it a 7/10 already since i know Lucky Star is good though i didnt know that theres going to be a new op(or is it a rumor)
Old 2007-07-01, 08:11   Link #17
chc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaizard_ruler View Post
im giving it a 7/10 already since i know Lucky Star is good though i didnt know that theres going to be a new op(or is it a rumor)
Eh...
How can you rate an episode you haven't seen yet. An unaired episode, to boot!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-07-01 at 11:02. Reason: problem fixed ^^
Old 2007-07-01, 11:00   Link #18
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Gah! The video should be up already on NicoNico but I can't login because there are too many people logged in! (and I don't have a subscriber account ). I have to wait till 2 AM Japan time (an hour from now).

I want to see the new OP...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-01, 11:24   Link #19
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

I should have it and ready in about... er... 30ish minutes, I hope?

EDIT: find it in the usual places... BTW, no new OP but an AWESOME ED
Old 2007-07-01, 12:00   Link #20
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Gah! The video should be up already on NicoNico but I can't login because there are too many people logged in! (and I don't have a subscriber account ). I have to wait till 2 AM Japan time (an hour from now).

I want to see the new OP...
I thought the site flat out denies access from non-Japanese IP addresses in a certain timeframe.
Closed Thread