AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 46 49.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-05, 13:53   Link #61
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I'm still pissed off about Accel throwing a building instead of energy from the earth's rotation and about SATANIC not being used as an insert song (even though it would have been perfect
uhm, because that's what he did...you can't exactly throw energy, energy isn't a thing...

he redirected the kinetic energy from the Earth's rotation into the building. Enough to slow down the Earth's rotation by 5 minutes...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 13:57   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Out of a sudden, I felt like I shouldn't have asked...

Anyone else thought 'DYNAMIC ENTRY!' when Accelerator entered Kihara's hideout?
Yes, and that seems to be Kazakiri's main way to enter into action, except for this episode.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 15:47   Link #63
BakaOnna

The problem is showing the Earth slow down by 5 minutes is way harder than when it's used as description. You can't simply pan to the universe and show the Earth's rotation slowing. That'll just look stupid and the Earth shouldn't even be rotating so fast that you can suddenly notice it slow down anyway. Besides, I found that whole part ridiculous as hell. Realistically, the whole world should've been destroyed by that attack.

Either way, I still think that scene could've been done better without having to show the 5 minutes thing. If the anime had the building going faster and then get obliterated to show how much energy was used on that building and how indestructible Crowley's windowless building is, I would've been fine with the scene.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:14   Link #64
Farix

Well I find the "slowing down the Earth's rotation" explanation a bit far fetched for an explanation. Was even the old Accelerator able to perform such a feat and still be classed at just L5? Especially when you can explain it by saying that he simply changed the building's innit velocity in relations to the Earth's rotation towards in another direction. It would take much less effort and still be just as flashy.
Farix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 16:27   Link #65
Zakoo

Haaa, the thing about level 5 is another matter. He already said it to Misaka but he is considered level 5 because that's the end of the ladder. The difference between him and her is so big that it's not even a match.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 18:20   Link #66
Excorsism

Sheesh, episode 19 should be the standard when they're making these episodes. DARN IT!
Old 2011-03-05, 18:30   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
So has everything they've shown us up until now been a setup JUST for this arc? It certainly seems this way. All the little people, places, and so on were just tiny portions of this arc?

Which I'm loving by the way. ALOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
Fuse Kazakiri (who I'd forgotten about, what even happened to her?) is now an artificial angel or something with Last Order as it's core?
Crazy.

I would really love to read this but (not sure if I can mention here) the novels on baka-tsuki haven't been fully translated before the 7th one.
From Volume 6= We learn that Kazakiri Hyouka is made up of all the AIM fields produced by all the Espers of Academy City. And the AIM Diffusion Field is also called the [Imaginary Number District]. btw a similar creature was also born from gathering a large number of AIM in one place - AIM Burst (Railgun, notice the halo?). Over here it was also hinted that the creation of a new artificial heaven would screw with the set laws of all magic.

From Volume 5 = We learn that the Testament supercomputer can input a 'virus' into the Misaka Network via Last Order that can affect all the Sisters. Kihara did the same thing here by imputing the [Angel] virus code and Hyouka is affected by the AIM fields of ALL Espers including Last Order's, the virus transmitted from Last Order warped the entire [Imaginary Number District] into an Anti-Magic field, and change [Kazakiri Hyouka] into a full Artificial Angel [Fuse=Kazakiri].

From Volume 3 = We learn that the Misaka Imoutos have been spread throughout the world, by using the Network and the clones as a sort of AIM transmitting station, Aleister can cover the world with the [Imaginary Number District], effectively wiping out all Magicians on the planet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 18:37   Link #68
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
From Volume 6= We learn that Kazakiri Hyouka is made up of all the AIM fields produced by all the Espers of Academy City. And the AIM Diffusion Field is also called the [Imaginary Number District]. btw a similar creature was also born from gathering a large number of AIM in one place - AIM Burst (Railgun, notice the halo?). Over here it was also hinted that the creation of a new artificial heaven would screw with the set laws of all magic.

From Volume 5 = We learn that the Testament supercomputer can input a 'virus' into the Misaka Network via Last Order that can affect all the Sisters. Kihara did the same thing here by imputing the [Angel] virus code and Hyouka is affected by the AIM fields of ALL Espers including Last Order's, the virus transmitted from Last Order warped the entire [Imaginary Number District] into an Anti-Magic field, and change [Kazakiri Hyouka] into a full Artificial Angel [Fuse=Kazakiri].

From Volume 3 = We learn that the Misaka Imoutos have been spread throughout the world, by using the Network and the clones as a sort of AIM transmitting station, Aleister can cover the world with the [Imaginary Number District], effectively wiping out all Magicians on the planet.
...I'm sorry my mind was not ready for all that at once...I think I may have to lay down...
Old 2011-03-05, 18:56   Link #69
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for What Accelerator was really looking at...:
Old 2011-03-05, 19:10   Link #70
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Accelerator can alter vectors.

A vector in physics can be repesented as magni'tude or direction.m not going to explain all of this because its complicatef, but his ability is so basic it can impact anything he wants

If he wanted to destroy the world, I think he could.

Though he can use his powers on arbitrary vectors also if he wants, such as spacetime qnd the 5th dmension onwards. I dont know if that will ever come into play.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 19:18   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post

Though he can use his powers on arbitrary vectors also if he wants, such as spacetime qnd the 5th dmension onwards. I dont know if that will ever come into play.
Teleportation makes use of the 11th dimension, assuming if Accelerator can defend himself against teleportation, it might imply being able to affect objects/vectors in between dimensions 5 to 11.

*cough*
Old 2011-03-05, 20:12   Link #72
HandofFate

So about the scenes with the other imoutos.

Was 20,001 trying to get to them when she was infected with the virus, and the imoutos are now trying to help.

or is 20,001 calling for help, and they're just ignoring her.
Old 2011-03-05, 20:22   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So about the scenes with the other imoutos.

Was 20,001 trying to get to them when she was infected with the virus, and the imoutos are now trying to help.

or is 20,001 calling for help, and they're just ignoring her.
When the [Angel] virus was input into Last Order, it spread throughout the Misaka Network rendering all clones immobile as the majority of their brain's functional areas are taken away.

In other words there's nothing they can do because Last Order's directory overwrites everything and they can't oppose it because that's how the network is set up.
Old 2011-03-05, 20:33   Link #74
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Well I find the "slowing down the Earth's rotation" explanation a bit far fetched for an explanation. Was even the old Accelerator able to perform such a feat and still be classed at just L5? Especially when you can explain it by saying that he simply changed the building's innit velocity in relations to the Earth's rotation towards in another direction. It would take much less effort and still be just as flashy.
meh, this is nothing compared to what a level 6 should be able to do. Consider that Misha(Gabriel), even in her super-duper-weakened state can literally just fuck around with planets and stars like they were toys, and level 6/SYSTEM/la persona superiore a Dio is supposed to reach God's realm, which is to say, far above that...

accelerator is nothing compared to that, yet...

as for the whole thing being ludicrous and the fact that such a thing should indeed have rather catastrophic effects on the planet(of the "turn the entire fucking thing into a desolate round rock almost completely devoid of life and water" variety...), that's another story...

actual text from the novel
Spoiler:
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 20:42   Link #75
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Accelerator can alter vectors.

A vector in physics can be repesented as magni'tude or direction.m not going to explain all of this because its complicatef, but his ability is so basic it can impact anything he wants
speaking of vectors Accelerator is kinda overpowered i mean even anime characters that has psychokinesis will have a hard time pushing a building they will be exhausted and might pass out but Accelerator did it easily, does that mean Accelerator can even change the rotation of a whole Planet like the Earth?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 21:05   Link #76
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
speaking of vectors Accelerator is kinda overpowered i mean even anime characters that has psychokinesis will have a hard time pushing a building they will be exhausted and might pass out but Accelerator did it easily, does that mean Accelerator can even change the rotation of a whole Planet like the Earth?
Thats what people are complaining about
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 21:09   Link #77
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Level 5 is a damned big category.
Old 2011-03-05, 22:17   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Accelerator should be labeled as Level 5+++ to avoid confusions with lower Level 5s.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 23:45   Link #79
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Hound Dogs must be incredibly stupid to go after not only Accelerator but also Railgun... They don't get paid enough for that.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 23:55   Link #80
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Accelerator and the rank number 2 are the only exceptions.

rank 3 and lower aren't that powerful.