AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 04:25   Link #21
Sides

Dated, will be out on both system on the 16th February 2012, obviously it is the japan release date. Source: andriasang.com
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 18:33   Link #22
Jade Magatama
その目、だれの目?

Well, this should be relevant as the promo anime for the game came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BqcHlMsJoh4

It's subbed (well, halfway subbed at the moment) in annotations.
Jade Magatama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 21:59   Link #23
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Calling it now, K is Snake.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 16:48   Link #24
Sides

Looks like Aksys are localising this game for the NA crowd. So far only 3DS version has been confirmed, since it was published in a nintendo magazine, but it is highly likely that a psvita will follow suit, kind of free money really, when using PSN/SEN.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:08   Link #25
Sides

Great news for PALlanders.
RSG will be releasing both versions in the autumn. The announcement was made for some strange reason on their facebook page, source RSG facebook
I wrote strange, because they do have a official page, a blog and a forum, and that is normally the sources people would look the latest information.
Old 2012-10-26, 18:53   Link #26
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So now that the NA release is out, who has played it? I'm pretty much loving it so far. The jump system makes it so much more efficient instead of replaying every little part to the same point, and the Ambidex game is endearing since your mates will stick around after the game is over. It's like if you rat someone out, but then have to spend an unknown period of time with them afterwards, where they can choose to forgive or cut your throat out.

The voice acting's fantastic. No really, I don't usually say this because the dub cast seems to be the same people I always, always, ALWAYS see in dubs, but I need to give credit here. Zero III is especially enjoyable. I still prefer the Japanese side just for people like Daisuke Ono, Kugimiya Rie and Tamura Yukari, but it's nice to be able to pick either and be satisfied.

Got only one ending so far, so I'll be playing some more now. :3
Old 2012-10-28, 09:03   Link #27
JohnNiles

Glad to see someone enjoys the dub. The sample clips, taken out of context, sound pretty wooden. (But yeah, it sounds like a Persona reunion, which I like)

I haven't played it yet, or even gotten a Vita, because I'm afraid I won't be able to put it down when I start. I stayed up till 4 am finishing the original. So I take it some of the routes are fairly short, if you've already gotten an ending? That epilogue stuff sounds interesting.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 21:26   Link #28
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Glad to see someone enjoys the dub. The sample clips, taken out of context, sound pretty wooden. (But yeah, it sounds like a Persona reunion, which I like)

I haven't played it yet, or even gotten a Vita, because I'm afraid I won't be able to put it down when I start. I stayed up till 4 am finishing the original. So I take it some of the routes are fairly short, if you've already gotten an ending? That epilogue stuff sounds interesting.
I can beat that; I've spent the last two days staying up until 8:30 AM playing this one. You can actually see how long each path is, but the nice thing is that some hidden parts extend when you revisit them after learning something in another path. It's a very good game and I like it even more than 999.
Old 2012-10-30, 11:45   Link #29
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

this game is getting a lot of good rating/scores from a lot of reviewers. i was
thinking of picking this game up digitally soon. it looks like a good game. i havent
play any game like this before, so this is like brand new to me. i'll get this game
later down the line, not right now since i'll be busy with Ragnarok Odyssey for a bit,
but this game definately gotten my attention.

rpgfan reviews:
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Zero_E...ard/index.html
Old 2012-10-30, 20:23   Link #30
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
this game is getting a lot of good rating/scores from a lot of reviewers. i was
thinking of picking this game up digitally soon. it looks like a good game. i havent
play any game like this before, so this is like brand new to me. i'll get this game
later down the line, not right now since i'll be busy with Ragnarok Odyssey for a bit,
but this game definately gotten my attention.

rpgfan reviews:
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Zero_E...ard/index.html
Do remember to play 999 on the DS first if you haven't already. The two aren't necessarily conjoined, but there are references and documents within the game that talk about stuff from that game, and it wouldn't make as much sense overall.

I'm STILL playing through this; really, really recommend it.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:13   Link #31
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ i'll try picking 999 up as well when i get the 3ds XL system (maybe sometime in 2013). thanks for the recommendation.
Old 2012-11-06, 07:14   Link #32
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Just finished the game, and it was brilliant. I'm telling everyone right now, play 999 first. Everything gives off a better shock value once you've familiarized yourself with the characters and plot.

As for those who have played 999, prepare for some lovely references and tributes. It's well connected.

To look at it simply, 999 is the butterfly effect and Zero Escape is Schrodinger's Cat. While we're on the topic of famous theories, this game is packed full of interesting ones. The Chinese Room, The Three Laws of Robotics, Schrodinger's Cat, The Prisoner's Dilemma, The Principle of Causality, Ronald Knox's Ten Commandments, Minkowski Space and the 4th Dimension, and enough Latin phrasing to make any girl swoon- they're all in here and explained well.

Very fun, 9.5/10 would be my rating, and it's so rare that I give this much.
Old 2012-11-06, 18:02   Link #33
JohnNiles

I'm playing through it. Gave in and FAQ'ed a couple parts that I couldn't get past, because I am very bad at spotting objects. -_- I have to make sure I set aside time for sleep and work, so I don't play it every day. ^^;
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 12:45   Link #34
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guys I'm playing it right now and sort of...stuck in the first puzzle. This made me lose confidence in trying to solve other puzzle orz. I didn't realize that button on the bunny part is also part of the same puzzle.

Anyway, that's not what I want to ask. Since I literally give up about the first puzzle and read the faq, I'm still confused on where did everyone got the idea about pressing '3' to get the secret key? It's completely random in my eyes... is every secret key puzzle is like this?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:18   Link #35
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Guys I'm playing it right now and sort of...stuck in the first puzzle. This made me lose confidence in trying to solve other puzzle orz. I didn't realize that button on the bunny part is also part of the same puzzle.

Anyway, that's not what I want to ask. Since I literally give up about the first puzzle and read the faq, I'm still confused on where did everyone got the idea about pressing '3' to get the secret key? It's completely random in my eyes... is every secret key puzzle is like this?
Think back, the game may be subtle, but it gives you everything you need. You hit the 0 button for the first memory card because the indicator on the panel shows the bunny, yes? What did the bunny say in the first conversation? I am Zero III!.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:43   Link #36
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally finished it.

..what the hell? Does that mean we're still having another sequel here or I haven't got all the endings yet?
Spoiler:

Old 2012-12-25, 23:12   Link #37
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Naw, I'm assuming they'll go with another, since they did leave enough open to do so. You'll know you got all the endings when:
Spoiler for EDs:

Also:
Spoiler for Blick Winkel:
Old 2012-12-26, 00:23   Link #38
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Quote:
Naw, I'm assuming they'll go with another, since they did leave enough open to do so.
Hopefully it'll be anytime soon I'm dying to know what happened in that test site

Old 2013-01-01, 16:50   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

I will be honest. I just pressed all of the buttons on the control panel. I mean there were only 10 buttons to try. And I knew that there had to be a second password somewhere.

I will also mention now that I played the entire weekend. Non stop.

This game is made of so much win it stops being funny and then becomes funny again.

And here I was thinking 999's ending threw me for a loop, but then VLR takes it to an entirely different level. Just wow.

I do have a theory/question.

Spoiler for No seriously do not read this unless you beat the game entirely.:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:41   Link #40
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It could be the player...
Spoiler: