AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-22, 13:00   Link #22141
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
China wants to, but they are too busy keeping the lid on the drying ink, originally written in black on their balance sheets slowly turning red under the light of scrutiny.

America wants to, but Big Corp wants to do it their way where free market is suppressed in favour of oil-igopoly (mispelling intended). The moose in Canada say they want their home to the west back.

Europe wants to, but they are too busy with Euro 2012 - to the football stadium first! Everything else can wait.
Damn straight! Football is our way of waging war nowadays (and us "PIGS" are doing pretty fine so far :P)
Old 2012-06-22, 13:49   Link #22142
Zakoo

Germany is already winning 40 000 000 goal to 0 anyway, not a good match.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:12   Link #22143
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Bloody Hell, Germany plays exactly the type of football I love... too bad I support their opponent
Old 2012-06-22, 14:18   Link #22144
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Er...you sure you guys are in the right thread?
Old 2012-06-22, 16:10   Link #22145
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Er...you sure you guys are in the right thread?
Small moment of collective insanity because the news of the world is so bugger aggravating. Please stand by...
Old 2012-06-22, 16:12   Link #22146
Malkuth
Banned

Germany vs Greece is the first news item in both countries today
Old 2012-06-22, 17:09   Link #22147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The argument can hold if the money isn't just sitting in a bank, generating extremely minor amounts of labor, but rather being invested.
If a wealthy person injects his money into the circulation of the market, then absolutely yes, it's creating jobs.

Likewise, one could argue that "the bank is doing that for me with my money", but I would have to say, in that case it's the BANK that's circulating investments and generating jobs, not the account holder. He is merely indirectly involved, and should not take the full credit.
Yes, but it's not the bank that's produced the wealth that's being invested. So it's not like the holders deserve no credit either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Money sitting in banks are used by the bankers in very risky investments by the same people that generated the current crisis in the first place, and now degrade the outlook of states because they support their failures with tax-payers' money. In other words a tax-payer pays more taxes to cover up his money lost by the bankers
Yes, damn them for buying Greek treasury bonds and investing in Greek banks. What were they thinking?
Old 2012-06-22, 17:47   Link #22148
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, damn them for buying Greek treasury bonds and investing in Greek banks. What were they thinking?
Or spanish, irish, icelandic, portugeuse, italian, french, scottish, american, even german... that the rating agencies gave high ratings with good prospects only days before each country had to bail them out by bloating their own sovereign debt leading to the current situation.
Old 2012-06-22, 17:56   Link #22149
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Or spanish, irish, icelandic, portugeuse, italian, french, scottish, american, even german... that the rating agencies gave high ratings with good prospects only days before each country had to bail them out by bloating their own sovereign debt leading to the current situation.
The reminds me of these anecdot (probably false, yet):

When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, they did some astronaut training on a Navajo Indian reservation. One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question which his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send a message to the moon with the astronauts. Recognizing a promotional opportunity for the spin-doctors, the NASA folks found a tape recorder.

After the old man recorded his message, they asked the son to translate it. He refused. So the NASA reps brought the tape to the reservation where the rest of the tribe listened and laughed but refused to translate the elder's message to the moon.

Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. He reported that the moon message said, "Watch out for these guys; they have come to steal your land." <--- The trouble is that for some reason people believe the white men would not steal from a white men
Old 2012-06-22, 18:35   Link #22150
killer3000ad

Syria shoots down Turkish plane
Quote:
Syrian military says it has shot down Turkish fighter jet "over its territorial waters", risking a new crisis between Middle Eastern neighbours already at bitter odds over a 16-month-old revolt against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"Our air defences confronted a target that penetrated our air space over our territorial waters pre-afternoon on Friday and shot it down. It turned out to be a Turkish military plane," a statement by the military circulated on state media said.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office in a statement confirmed the incident in which two pilots went missing.
Old 2012-06-22, 18:40   Link #22151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
does Assad really want foreign intervention that badly? The turks could treat this as a act of war and as a NATO member could request help form the rest of NATO.
Old 2012-06-22, 18:46   Link #22152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Wow... an F-4 Phantom. I haven't seen those in the sky in decades. The US National Guard used to use them in the 80s and they'd regularly fly the NASA-JSC airspace. Sounded like a monster version of a tweaked-hot Camaro rumbling down the street - very distinctive low pitch compared to, say, the shriek of an F-16.
Old 2012-06-22, 21:29   Link #22153
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The moose in Canada say they want their home to the west back.
Not too sure than I did understand what you mean on this one ...
Old 2012-06-22, 21:49   Link #22154
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Not too sure than I did understand what you mean on this one ...
Sounds to me like the canadians want Alaska.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:01   Link #22155
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Sounds to me like the canadians want Alaska.
Except America bought Alaska from Russia.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:28   Link #22156
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Wow... an F-4 Phantom. I haven't seen those in the sky in decades. The US National Guard used to use them in the 80s and they'd regularly fly the NASA-JSC airspace. Sounded like a monster version of a tweaked-hot Camaro rumbling down the street - very distinctive low pitch compared to, say, the shriek of an F-16.
There's actually a couple that have been restored and flying again at vintage aircraft airshows. I didn't think any were still being used by existing military.

Endless "Vintage" Soul
Old 2012-06-22, 23:51   Link #22157
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Except America bought Alaska from Russia.
No doubt Sarah Palin would agree to pay back the $7.2 million dollars (with interests) if that means big oil can dig at their hear content. I was only giving a posible interpretation of SH words
Old 2012-06-23, 00:05   Link #22158
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
There's actually a couple that have been restored and flying again at vintage aircraft airshows. I didn't think any were still being used by existing military.
The F-4s that Turkey uses are extensively modified version dubbed the "F-4E/2020 Terminator" that is radically different from the originals.
Its got many of the same avionic systems that Israel installs in its F-16s (the Modification was done by Israel).
The air frame may be the same, but its a completely different bird under the hood.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:18   Link #22159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
The F-4s that Turkey uses are extensively modified version dubbed the "F-4E/2020 Terminator" that is radically different from the originals.
Its got many of the same avionic systems that Israel installs in its F-16s (the Modification was done by Israel).
The air frame may be the same, but its a completely different bird under the hood.
Ah.. sounds like the "path of evolution" somewhat like the ones B-52s have undergone (avionics, ECM, sensors, engine power, payload, etc). The appearance is the same --- but if you think its prehistoric its going to kick your ass
Old 2012-06-23, 03:51   Link #22160
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post

Endless "Vintage" Soul
Quite a few countries still operate F-4s. Japan, Germany, Greece, Iran, Egypt, and South Korea all have some in addition to Turkey. They've proven as long lasting as MiG-21s.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international