AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-16, 19:57   Link #61
hooliganj
Team Player

For those who don't know Major seems to average about 30-40% more dialogue per episode than any other show I've worked on. Keep that in mind if you ever feel like complaining about how long it takes to do these eps.

I share your pain, Bane, but I blame your QC.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 20:01   Link #62
Bane the ECF
Translator

Actually, I'm just about as proficient in English as my QC, so I'm going to take just as much blame. As for the amount of dialogue, I'm not exactly sure since it's the first anime project I've ever translated. I've done a little anime translation checking/proofreading before this but nothing major - no pun intended.

Bane
Bane the ECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 20:56   Link #63
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane the ECF
Doh! I'm an idiot. I can't believe I used such incorrect terminology. 'Stepfather' is in fact the correct term. Of course, like someone mentioned Momoko is actually legally a stepmother too.

Anyhow, you can all give me one real mistake an episode for all the work I put into this.

----

Back to the actual episode. Another point that hasn't been mentioned yet is that I can't wait to see Shimizu get teased by her girl friends after being seen hanging out with Goro a lot. Especially after she's gotten the reputation for hating baseball guys.

Bane
She's legally a stepmother? (hmm... unless she was married to his father and that didn't happen.) Maybe I missed something.

Anyways, stuff happens. It's not like we don't know what you meant.

As for Shimizu and Goro in ep 5

Spoiler:

Btw, the ED is growing on me and I like it a lot. Kind of looking for the title of the song and singer.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 21:41   Link #64
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
2nd Season OP
"Saraba Aoki Omokage"
by Road of Major
single comes out Feb 8

2nd Season ED
"Wonderland"
by MAY
single comes out Feb 22
You mean like this?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:41   Link #65
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Thanks for emphasizing. I saw it after I posted. (It was like right there.)
Old 2006-01-17, 18:27   Link #66
Athanor

Man that show is really hard on his protagonist.
Spoiler for episode 31:

Can't wait to see the next match \o/
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 00:05   Link #67
marclemagne
~ ~

I just finished up the first season of Major and I'm anxiously looking forward to starting the second season. For me, watching shows like Canvas 2 and Shuffle!, this show came out of left field (forgive the baseball pun) and completely blew me away. There were countless moments that made me smile, moments that made me laugh, and even a couple that made me cry. The scene in the bath with Momoko and Goro in Episode 5 was one of the most tender, touching scenes I have ever seen in any medium, and was quickly and boldly followed by some of the most heart-wrenching drama I have ever seen in Episode 6. Yes, it was bold and unexpected, and the writers should be given credit for having the courage to take that step. Even when this show was predictable it was heart-warming. To me, no matter what happens in the second season, this will remain a special show because it was both uplifting and inspiring without being obvious.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

(Sorry to be commenting on a show that has been off for quite a while.)

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 04:18   Link #68
Athanor

Welcome into this wonderfull addictive world that is Major.

Only blame for season two I have is that i found the draw quality a little lower than in season one. Especially the eyes, I can't stop to think the eyes of season two are often looking like "dead" eyes, unlike in season one where they were so lively.

Well it's not a real big deal at all, but well i wanted to mention it to see if I was the only one thinking that (and so needing to go see a shrink) or if there was other than me thinking the same ?
Old 2006-01-19, 13:36   Link #69
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I thought Shimizu was so sweet and considerate in 31. She saw that Goro was down so she asked him out to cheer him up and even gave him the encouragement he needed. awwww....
Old 2006-01-19, 13:49   Link #70
Athanor

she even use the word
Quote:
Date
Old 2006-01-19, 14:15   Link #71
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Did you see how he reacted after hearing that?
Old 2006-01-19, 14:31   Link #72
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

For people having access to the manga, how many volumes the anime up to the most recent episode cover?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 23:06   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 16:57   Link #74
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ep 6, Toshi's new look
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-23, 18:45   Link #75
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Ep 6, Toshi's new look
Spoiler:
When it comes to the game, Sato becomes evil-ish. I am not sure whether I understood correct or not, but I guess Goro told those Kaidoh scouts that he does not want to be in the same team with Sato. And, Kaidoh guys told Sato that. In that case, since the scouts can only choose only one of them, the winner will have the upper hand. As a result, Sato's competitive spirit made him lose control.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-28, 16:13   Link #76
kobun

ep 7
Spoiler:
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 23:07   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
When it comes to the game, Sato becomes evil-ish. I am not sure whether I understood correct or not, but I guess Goro told those Kaidoh scouts that he does not want to be in the same team with Sato. And, Kaidoh guys told Sato that. In that case, since the scouts can only choose only one of them, the winner will have the upper hand. As a result, Sato's competitive spirit made him lose control.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 23:45   Link #78
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
Spoiler:
Since episode 6 is subbed, we can discuss more clearly.

Goro hadn't thought about going to Kaidoh just like he didn't want to play for the school's team. In the heat of the moment he decided what to do. But, still using his words, he wants to play against the best, and if they go to the same school, Goro cannot play against Toshi. So, he still considers him as a worthy opponent.

Also Goro is being selfish, but still, like before he is somewhat honest. Toshi, on the other hand, with desperation, can try to use tricks in order to win. He is not being honest to himself. Even if there would be someone that he hates to play with, he would have still wanted to go to that school. Although, he is now desperate, before he wasn't, and still in his game against Goro, he behaved in the worst possible way. I have never liked that, and he is still using the same kind of behaviors.

Anyway, regarding the episode, it seems that, being a catcher is not that important as opposed to being a pitcher, due to development concerns, and that's why Kaidoh scouts want to have Goro rather than Toshi. If Goro doesn't give up on his decision of going to Kaidoh, then Toshi has no chance of going there.

Edit: After second thought, I don't think Goro wanted to go to Kaidoh in the first place, maybe he wanted to help Toshi by telling the scouts about him. But, that made things worse.
Old 2006-02-02, 03:49   Link #79
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Edit: After second thought, I don't think Goro wanted to go to Kaidoh in the first place, maybe he wanted to help Toshi by telling the scouts about him. But, that made things worse.
That's my impression too. I do not think Goro seriously wants to go to Kaidoh and he pointed the Kaidoh scouts towards Toshi in thinking that they would offer Toshi the spot at Kaidoh rather than himself. However, the move backfired as the scouts prefer to have a pitcher compared to a catcher.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 08:53   Link #80
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

As mentioned to Shimizu he didn't think about scout or whatever. Goro plays baseball because he loves it and he wants to go pro for the same reason. His drive to go pro is still pure (like solely for the love of baseball so to get there he improves his skills and plays his best). He doesn't think much about paving the path to get there. Comfort in his life is a factor but I think his character is also a big factor. Toshi has a different drive and I don't think has a big heart for baseball like Goro does. However for all the time watching Toshi I thought it's kind of out of character for him but I guess it wouldn't be so interesting without a little taint of heart.

I think I have an idea of the outcome of the game. There is no way Goro's team would win.

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports