AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 19:38   Link #1621
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
is Lucky Star really that good of an anime that it deserves its own forum?? there's only been 2 episodes too. i dun understand.
Well the amount of posts has slowed substantially since it got its own forum. I'm almost the only person who posts anymore I swear.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 19:38   Link #1622
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
is Lucky Star really that good of an anime that it deserves its own forum?? there's only been 2 episodes too. i dun understand.
Just this one topic alone has more posts than some other series' entire forums here on AnimeSuki. That's enough to warrent some attention.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 19:44   Link #1623
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well the amount of posts has slowed substantially since it got its own forum. I'm almost the only person who posts anymore I swear.
It seems that way because the posts are now spread out over several threads instead of confined to just one. Postings in the sub-forum seem to be about the same as they were before.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:09   Link #1624
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Things get their own forum if the traffic warrants..... sometimes a series has a huge initial surge of topics, gets its own forum, and then all you can hear are crickets and tumbleweeds (simply not much to say or some other shiny grabs hold) -- recent examples include kashimashi and Negima!?, both had this happen to them. The "goodness" is irrelevant.

However, Lucky Star is based on a rather popular 4-koma manga -- that plus hype from the production company involved stirred up a lot of curiousity at the least. The humor is subtle and at times mild so it may not be to everyone's taste.
Old 2007-04-23, 21:47   Link #1625
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I am guessing that a lot of folks now wait for their favorite sub before posting instead of jumping to the first RAW or speedsub available.

I for once, would not have been able to keep the posting pace I showed during the first two weeks.
Old 2007-04-23, 22:08   Link #1626
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... I'm not watching the RAWs anymore... waiting for the subs.... therefore, not much to say after a day or two of over-analyzing what is basically a happy simple little show.
Old 2007-04-23, 22:10   Link #1627
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

About the only thing that could be watched for non-moonspeaking people is the ED.
This week's ED rocks BTW ^^

LuckyChannel is sure taking their time...
I was expecting my RakiSuta fix yesterday =.=
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:23   Link #1628
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
You know, it's weird but after two epsiodes I'm already mulling over ideas for continuation stories.

And they're naughty. I feel shamed.

Imagine, after graduation, Kona, Miyuki and Tsukasa forming a manga circle, and after six years having had some success (Kona would be the writer, Miyuki the artist and business manager, and Tuskasa the shader/inker/typesetted). Just before Comiket, Kagami shows up at their doorstep havign been thrown out and abandoned by the slimeball she'd married. She's got to stay somewhere, and she is family -- even though she disapproves of her sister's choice of careers.

But when she joins the trio of their trip to Comiket, that's when she's in for a real shock. Although the trio are professionals who no longer sell doujinshi, they still go to Comiket to 'scout talent" -- or, rather, to cut loose and party. since nobody at Comiket knows they're up-and-coming mistresses of manga, they get to revel in their relative anonymity -- and Miyuki's fondness for "tutoring" young artists proves especially shocking for Kagami (who still has that ramrod up her *** when it comes to men and women, or women and women).
Old 2007-04-23, 22:47   Link #1629
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

This is followed by "Kill the Bill Volume 8: Akira Gets Paid"
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 00:14   Link #1630
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
LuckyChannel is sure taking their time...
I was expecting my RakiSuta fix yesterday =.=[/font][/COLOR]
Could it be they're taking time to proofread first? That would be a shocker.
Not that I'd watch them even if they release first. LC dropped the ball on this series.

But I d/led Hayate this afternoon and am about to go watch it now, so I can wait another couple hours for my weekly moe-otaku fix.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 01:45   Link #1631
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

welllllll, even a.f.k. makes mistakes.... the dentist sequence had some grammar errors even allowing for casual speech patterns. But yes, LC could probably use some editing and QC assistance. They've recently acquired some new help so they may be working out the kinks.
Old 2007-04-24, 01:48   Link #1632
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well LC's is out now, so I guess ppl won't be complaining. XD

Still, ~36 hours after first raw available is still pretty speed if you ask me. I don't know why people are complaining in the first place. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 02:05   Link #1633
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well LC's is out now, so I guess ppl won't be complaining. XD

Still, ~36 hours after first raw available is still pretty speed if you ask me. I don't know why people are complaining in the first place. >_>
Spoiled by the record-breaking speeds of TWH-Sprocket and SS-Eclipse when they did Kanon 2006, no doubt.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 02:52   Link #1634
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
And I'm embarrass to see my clone say such things... Go watch the anime and see for yourself... Best ranked anime in the Spring season of 2007... Its like how big Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was with just a couple episodes...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 03:24   Link #1635
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Very impressed with the karaoke in episode 3. This show continues to deliver. ^^
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 07:42   Link #1636
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Things get their own forum if the traffic warrants..... sometimes a series has a huge initial surge of topics, gets its own forum, and then all you can hear are crickets and tumbleweeds (simply not much to say or some other shiny grabs hold) -- recent examples include kashimashi and Negima!?, both had this happen to them. The "goodness" is irrelevant.

However, Lucky Star is based on a rather popular 4-koma manga -- that plus hype from the production company involved stirred up a lot of curiousity at the least. The humor is subtle and at times mild so it may not be to everyone's taste.
Really? I was under the impression (mistaken or not) that it wasn't that popular a manga *shrugs*

Quote:
welllllll, even a.f.k. makes mistakes.... the dentist sequence had some grammar errors even allowing for casual speech patterns. But yes, LC could probably use some editing and QC assistance. They've recently acquired some new help so they may be working out the kinks.
Just out of interest what were these errors (genuine question). I'm sort of basing my personal softsubs on raws and a mixture of groups but mainly a.f.k. subs and I'd like to get any bugs ironed out. PM if you don't feel it's appropriate for this thread.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 10:44   Link #1637
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I never heard of a time when they made an anime out of an unpopular manga. However, there is a first time for everything.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 11:43   Link #1638
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The error was the grammatial construction using the possessive form of the word "dentist" (dentist's). First off, English is wierd and is full of odd exceptions -- that out of the way, the proper construction would have simply been (see 23:39 in the episode and the next minute or two):
"I'm pretty scared of the dentist myself." or "I'm pretty scared of the dentist's office myself" (the first being more conversational). a.f.k. appears to pride itself on localization rather than literalness (they usually provide implicit nouns that conversational japanese omits, for example).
There were several lines of dialog after that which also misused the possessive form.

There you have my grammar nazi presentation for the day (Some of my many jobs includes professional technical writing, part time translation proofing for japanese->english works, and grading student essays).

a.f.k. does stellar work so it just makes little errors stand out more
Old 2007-04-24, 13:11   Link #1639
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Imagine, after graduation, Kona, Miyuki and Tsukasa forming a manga circle, and after six years having had some success
So Lucky Star is really "CLAMP—The Early Days"?

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:21   Link #1640
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
There you have my grammar nazi presentation for the day (Some of my many jobs includes professional technical writing, part time translation proofing for japanese->english works, and grading student essays).
How in the world do you find time for everything? I'm barely able to keep up and I've only got school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
So Lucky Star is really "CLAMP—The Early Days"?
I had that same thought too, when I first read that. Or rather, they would be CLAMP if that were to happen. I honestly don't see that happening in the girls' future, but I still think it was a fun suggestion. XD
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen