AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode rating
* 5 8.47%
** 2 3.39%
*** 12 20.34%
**** 18 30.51%
***** 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-12, 18:23   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Episode 216 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • NO Manga Spoilers
    • If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
      Filler discussion/news is located in the Fillers Discussion thread
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic and leave future episode spoilers out of the thread.
    • Please do not whine / moan / complain about the episode.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads
Old 2007-01-12, 23:56   Link #2
323Familia

hmmm, pretty good episode. Looks like this filler arc will be pretty good.
323Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 02:54   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

did they change kakashi's voice? he sounds different to me, imo
Old 2007-01-13, 04:56   Link #4
Covenant

5/5.

A+ plot.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 05:07   Link #5
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Ok, I gave it a 4... I'm in a pretty good mood.

K, lets move on to the specifications.

Wow ok, a little bit of the episode before the actual opening, as I look through my Naruto folder and look at the thumbnails for each episode I see the opening in everone of them. So damn, animation before the opening hasn’t been done for a while.. hell I cant even remember the last time its been done.

Wow a Kuchiyose no Jutsu, we haven’t seen one of those in like.. forever. What the hell, is up with Kakashi as the poster above me mentioned, yep seems to me like some one is filling in for Kakashi's voice, even Pakun's voice didn’t sound right. When the hell did Kakashi ever give a ecchi/perverted laugh/giggle while reading a Ichi Ichi novel >_>, man that just does not suit his character, blushing with those perverted eyes now that makes more sense.

Damn it man, how could a person like Gaara not have the courage to speak up? =( Poor Gaara too, damn you would think after this long after the whole chuunin exam ordeal, and Gaara changing who he is gaining new ideologies and morals, things would be at least a bit better at the sand. God damn they are still trying to kill his ass, what is up with that lol.

Mitsuri, boy or girl? maybe a really gay boy? or, a very flat chested girl or, maybe its a heshe! Yea that’s it. . . (I’m going with girl) Umm those "Ultimate Weapon" Shinobi, what the hell? Exactly what village are they from ~_~, hell the only thing I could guess from their forehead protector was the hidden village of the brick? I love how the filler team creates new villages to benefit their own liking and interest. Before you know it, you will see a head protector with the symbol which resembles a pill or a capsule and it will be known as the hidden village of the crack heads.

Wow ok pretty much most of the main Naruto Characters are going to be in this arc, looks like they are trying to end with a bang? Maybe. Finally... the music I have waited for so long, they brought it back! SE! SA SE, SA SE, SA SE!! HAH *gets pumped* I liked the shot where they jumped by. Not bad at all, the Animation did not make me want to stick my finger down my throat, and so far so good.

The only thing that worries me is the next episode, this whole build up might break down and it will become "shit" didn’t get much from the preview, but I am going to be pissed as hell if they make Gaara look like a little bitch that gets owned by, punk rock looking fashion victim shinobi, not to mention its 9 Genin and 1 Chuunin from Konoha, 3 Sand (Powerfull Gaara), vs 4 Shinobi from the hidden village of the brick. Things are not looking good.

All in all, I liked it so I gave it 4 stars, or maybe its because I know the titles for the next 4 episode’s
Old 2007-01-13, 05:21   Link #6
Hir0

they have 4 more eps maximum to

1 save the girl
2 kill the randoms
3 enough time to say hi

I liked this ep, 4 for me : D

The randoms are actually designed pretty good
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:05   Link #7
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Definitely, without a seconds doubt, the BEST filler episode EVER... !

Decent story, nice character design on the enemy, it didnt focus on Naruto to 100% like all other fillers, there was logic behind the characters actions which is REALLY strange for fillers.
They even gave Kankurou two puppets on his back for Kuroari and Karasu.. Wow.

Anyway, all in all.. Definitely 5/5, didnt spot any flaws really.

Last edited by zamme; 2007-01-13 at 07:09.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:28   Link #8
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
4 Shinobi from the hidden village of the brick.
What the hell did Kishimoto ever do to the anime team? Oh well, sounds like a good episode, too bad I only got to see the ending, cause it was pretty bland. Still not bandwidth-worthy, but might catch next episode on TV though.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:32   Link #9
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
Whoa, dude you might want to edit your post, absolutely no Manga spoilers in the anime episode discussion thread, even with spoiler tag's. I would get rid of it before a mod sees it.

P.S. @ ShikaShika, that village of the brick thing was something I made up LOL. Just the picture on their forehead protector, the first word that came to me was brick. Hence the joke about the hidden village of the crack heads.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-01-13 at 06:45.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:38   Link #10
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
What the hell did Kishimoto ever do to the anime team? Oh well, sounds like a good episode, too bad I only got to see the ending, cause it was pretty bland. Still not bandwidth-worthy, but might catch next episode on TV though.
If you are referring to the village name, be glad you didn't watch all the fillers
Were introduced during the fillers the countries :
  • of Red Beans
  • of Vegetables
  • of Honey
  • of Claw
  • of Fang
  • of Udon
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:49   Link #11
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Oooh, Mangs like, Mangs enjoy, Mangs gave it a 5!

This reminds me of the time where they went out to battle the sound five, it's probably not going to be as awesome as in the past episodes, but still I think those times were the best of Naruto, and I hope that the coming filler arcs will remind me of that time.

"I've taken responsibility for your lives now" was just an awesome line from Shikamaru. That's what he did wrong the last time, and his friends almost ended up dead, he's trying to improve himself and will do anything to keep the teams security high.

I hope we will see 1 vs 1 fights though, and not just a huge clash of ninjas fighting each other at once, cause that tends to be a little stupid at times. I've also got the expectations that the fillers build-up will break down and everything will be lame, *crossing fingers* please please don't let that happen.

Anyway, loved this, made me happy, made me cheer! Weee
Old 2007-01-13, 06:55   Link #12
MidNteJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post

Anyway, all in all.. Definitely 5/5, didnt spot any flaws really.
Totally agree, wonder what they will do then haha

4 eppies soudns about right too, the fact each of them probably 3 vs 1

my pairing
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-13 at 09:10. Reason: Do not make or quote manga spoilers in the anime episode discussion thread, even with spoiler tags.
MidNteJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:57   Link #13
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I liked this because it seems to be leading in to Shippuden. Might be one good filler arc before Shippuden starts. I was quite impressed with this episode over past fillers, it had a much more canon feel to it, though Kakashi did seem a little funny, as already mentioned.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:20   Link #14
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Hehe I was lmao watching this ep - so funny to see the scenes which will happen only a few weeks time! Funilly enough when I saw the glimpse of the sand Jounin on the cliff face - I was like---can it be?!!!!! And then those 5 turned up...lol nice teaser

I think this episode was very cool, probably going to end up the best filler arc yet. 4* IMO.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:26   Link #15
sudosu

I sayed "Fillers end"! ^___^

5*.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sudosu; 2007-01-13 at 10:00.
sudosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:27   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is it the countdown to Shipuuden.

Since the previous filler arc, the staff has livened up to raise the bar for good quality in both animation and storytelling.

This will be the very last arc right before the start of Shipuuden, and it's definitely welcomed that they include the sand siblings.

A long time that I saw Gaara since the Sasuke Retrieval Arc right before the fillers started.

For starters, we have seen very improvements on Gaara and his siblings and lastly Baki.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 08:50   Link #17
Ichimaru

i doubt these 4 scrubs are strong as the sound5, dont think it will give team sand and team konoha that much trouble
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 09:45   Link #18
Blaster

I think Naruto will appear somewhere with a Rasengan.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 09:52   Link #19
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
I think Naruto will appear somewhere with a Rasengan.
But first, he will charge towards the villains with 5 Kage Bunshin, but all of his clones will be quickly dispatched.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 10:19   Link #20
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Awful....Gaara seems so uncool to me now.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote