AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 14:04   Link #41
saner

"New episodes from the series will be released every 2 months"
I'm so disappointed, I wanted to watch it but I doubt I will remember to check every two months.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:08   Link #42
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner View Post
"New episodes from the series will be released every 2 months"
I'm so disappointed, I wanted to watch it but I doubt I will remember to check every two months.
Two months?? Act 1 was about 15 minutes, not long or interesting enough to catch my atention, and I'm sure many think the same way, and they are going to release episodes every two months??!! I don't think I'll wait so long for something I don't even know if I like...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:26   Link #43
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Are you guys even paying for this stuff? Geez...

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 06:02   Link #44
saner

The first episode is free, so yes I paid. ( implication => )
Old 2008-08-12, 06:20   Link #45
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Uhh, what?

I think G. Zeus said that since you weren't even paying for the stuff, having to wait two months is not such a big deal, you know.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 07:32   Link #46
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Every two months? Ah, too bad. Judging from the first episode this might well be the most intelligent anime of the year.

I don't quite understand Deadwing's concept of "waiting for an anime" though. It's not like sitting on an uncomfortable chair in an empty room until the doctor calls you in, is it. I'm waiting for a lot of anime and still sleep soundly at night. I've been waiting for Inaka Isha for 1 1/2 years until it recently came out. I'm waiting for Live-Evil to sub Snow Queen although I bet it will still be on their list of active projects when the Sun swallows the Earth.
Old 2008-08-12, 15:02   Link #47
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Amazing. Just a perfect way to makes us reflect and think about ourselves and about our society and our future.
Old 2008-08-13, 10:11   Link #48
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

First thought that came to mind: I think I've seen a similar story in Chobits before.

Hmm, well, at least it's not ecchi like Chobits. The designs and use of CGI are nice. The interior of the Eve cafe immediately reminded me of Imperial Boy's cityscape art. I wonder if he has been an influence? In any case, I'll be keeping an eye out for future episodes.

TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 07:43   Link #49
saner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Uhh, what?

I think G. Zeus said that since you weren't even paying for the stuff, having to wait two months is not such a big deal, you know.
A little of maths won't hurt you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_implication
Old 2008-08-14, 17:12   Link #50
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
No, it still doesn't make sense. You paid nothing, and were promised nothing. No one has to pay anything when taking something that is free.

Implication would make sense if you suppose you paid $0, but then again, paying $0 is the same as paying nothing. Or, at the very least, the producers didn't profit off your viewing of the episode, so they owe nothing to you.

I'd say a little diction won't hurt you. As in, learning how to convey your thoughts properly instead of having me guess what "==>" means in the context of your post.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 19:25   Link #51
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I am so backlogged...just got around to seeing this tonight finally.

Was well worth the watch though. Lovely animation and a genuinely engaging story. Like most of the others here kinda already guessed about the twist with the girl in the cafe, but it honestly didn't lessen the impact of seeing her behave and be treated that way later on in the least...

Shame its 2 months apart between showings, but I think they'll be well worth the wait.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 19:44   Link #52
Echoes

I rather liked the first episode, looks like this might be something worth keeping a close eye on. Very nice art, and it's shaping up to tackle some pretty heavy themes. Two months *is* a long time, but on the bright side, that'll make the short series last a year, so it's not all bad. And of course, we've got no business complaining about leeching free stuff anyway.
Old 2008-08-16, 20:12   Link #53
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Every two months? Ah, too bad. Judging from the first episode this might well be the most intelligent anime of the year.

I don't quite understand Deadwing's concept of "waiting for an anime" though. It's not like sitting on an uncomfortable chair in an empty room until the doctor calls you in, is it. I'm waiting for a lot of anime and still sleep soundly at night. I've been waiting for Inaka Isha for 1 1/2 years until it recently came out. I'm waiting for Live-Evil to sub Snow Queen although I bet it will still be on their list of active projects when the Sun swallows the Earth.
Back then in that post I was in a bad mood and I felt like complaining
I usually don't have any problem waiting for still unaired anime, since I have a really bad memory and all I do is write them down in a corner of my PC and maybe in a couple of months (yes that bad is my memory) I remember about them and check if any was aired, so the waiting becomes much shorter for me.
My point is that I'm used to series airing one episode per week and patience is not one of my strong points, so two months is too much for me to be waiting.
But now that I cooled a little, I changed my mind, I can't complain about something I don't pay for. So maybe I'll drop this serie, write it with my "willing to see" list and in a year or so I'll watch it
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 03:56   Link #54
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

From the first episode it's a solid 9/10. It grasped my interest immediately and had interesting characters. I have a feeling it's going to be a great story. Akiko is super hyper.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 15:17   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
hum i think i will wait to see a couple of post before I decide to donate any of my precious anime time to this. The animation looks top notch but the story how many times has it been done? but there is still a chance it could end up good.

I see kilroy0097 liked it. Can you tell me what you liked about the first episode
Old 2008-09-04, 11:22   Link #56
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Well not so much the main character humans as they are the typical boys that have grown up around these robots. What interested me the most was the story of the discovery of coffee house and the usage of these robots in every day society as well as the boys reaction to robots. Seeing the different personality of certain characters in well their situations. Can't really say more without ruining the flow and surprise in the storyline. The drawing style is top notch with it's use of detail and color. However everything is generally flat except for certain vibrant colors that stand out for a reason. Also the sound also very good. I find the dialog to have good timing.

While yes this could easily downgrade itself into a copycat, I hope it goes in a direction not really emphasized all that much. I just got a touch of Asimov in the style and immediately got interested.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:10   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2 is out a day or two earlier than I expected and it's just as good as ep1, for me. This show reminds me how good science fiction can be. The relationships are vaguely building, the attitudes vaguely flowing. Very well and subtly told story, with excellent voice-acting. It's nice to be able to enjoy Fukuyama Jun for once. And Tanaka Rie always has something special. I just wish this sweet show came out more often. An episode every two months? Not enough.

I love the look, and camera angles and movement work beautifully, forcing us into the main character's unsettled state.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 17:07   Link #58
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Completely agree Kaoru...This show is a real treat and sits right next to Amuri as a completely under appreciated bit of storytelling if the lack of posts around here is any indicator...

One thing that really struck me like you mentioned near the end was the camera...I'll have to go back and rewatch episode 1, but I didn't remember it being so fluid like it was throughout this episode. That paired with some great dialog really sucked me in this time round just as much, if not more, as the first episode managed.

Ofcourse I'm kinda bias in that I find SF most enjoyable when its parsed down to something you can relate to more and presented in a less fantasy like environment...And that cafe has managed to fit the bill perfectly.

Why does it seem like most of the more enjoyable shows have been ONAs or OVAs lately...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 22:10   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just watched ep2 with Pireze's subs and enjoyed it even more. I also realized that two more of my favorite seiyuus are involved: Yukana is the young woman with the hat, who speaks with the boys in both episodes; and Sawashiro Miyuki once again shows her amazing versatility by playing the little girl. Satou Rina (Negi in Negima) is the woman behind the bar.

The show is presenting the general situation in such a natural way. Perhaps we will find ourselves in a world like this in not too many decades.

I wonder if OVAs/ONAs can be good because they use a bit more money per episode. Or maybe because they don't need to create so long a story and can just concentrate on the good bits. No filler required.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:17   Link #60
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wonder if OVAs/ONAs can be good because they use a bit more money per episode. Or maybe because they don't need to create so long a story and can just concentrate on the good bits. No filler required.
I suspect that it's more that an OVA/ONA usually represents an idea that the writer/producer/director feels strongly enough to push through even when they can't get someone to fund a full series. Most folks would pitch the idea, find no takers, and then pitch another idea. For an OVA/ONA you have often said "I believe in this idea so much that I think if we make it we will prove it is good".

Of course, I'm a bit biased in that belief

Tags
sci-fi