AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 20:51   Link #1041
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

THEY DID ADD GIANT CHARACTERS!!

Everyone's going to rage when he has no knockback and plays like PTX.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 21:00   Link #1042
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Capcom is trolling to make upcoming characters more unpredictable.
Old 2011-01-26, 22:17   Link #1043
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I found this amusing...

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 23:03   Link #1044
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
What about that screenshot? I don't know what your talking about, I can't see him.

Seriously though, I've seen that going around alot of forums, I think Cena would be the only reason I wouldn't buy this game~
Old 2011-01-27, 00:16   Link #1045
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's a pretty good screenshot
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:16   Link #1046
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I found this amusing...

lol, that's an amasing fake, but yeah... none would by the game.
Old 2011-01-27, 02:06   Link #1047
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
lol, that's an amasing fake, but yeah... none would by the game.
if by none you mean everyone in the world, then sure.
Old 2011-01-27, 09:44   Link #1048
Westlo
Lets be reality

Cena is low tier compared to the Macho man OHHHH YEAAAAAHHH

Quote:
Anyway, prepare to be beaten by the infamous team of Magneto, Storm & Sentinel for another 10 years guys! D:
They weren't really a team... and while Storm is looking like one of the best characters in the game from the CES build (5 hail storms while in x factor = 1.5 bars of chip dmg) Magneto looks pretty weak... I expect Sent to be pretty good in this game.. Capcom seem to really like the character and I guess it's because of their redesign and all. Should have some great animations...

Anyway looks like we'll get two more characters as DLC and than we'll get Super MVC3 or MVC4 12-24 months later I guess.... I would expect another ten characters in new retail version.. so who do you think will be added and who do you want added?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 11:09   Link #1049
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Cena is low tier compared to the Macho man OHHHH YEAAAAAHHH

They weren't really a team... and while Storm is looking like one of the best characters in the game from the CES build (5 hail storms while in x factor = 1.5 bars of chip dmg) Magneto looks pretty weak... I expect Sent to be pretty good in this game.. Capcom seem to really like the character and I guess it's because of their redesign and all. Should have some great animations...

Anyway looks like we'll get two more characters as DLC and than we'll get Super MVC3 or MVC4 12-24 months later I guess.... I would expect another ten characters in new retail version.. so who do you think will be added and who do you want added?
So capcom is gonna create another super-version of this?!!!

Bet they'll put all DLC as in-game characters -_-
Old 2011-01-27, 11:35   Link #1050
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I'll say... Taskmaster ha sthe best music theme so far IMO.

Old 2011-01-27, 17:40   Link #1052
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well thar we go~

I'mma start hating on the Power 3 now. :3
Old 2011-01-28, 00:02   Link #1053
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Okay, so now the rooster is complete and the deception is official.

I still can't understand a logical reaosn for leaving Megaman out, oh wait, there is one, DLC because that gives more cash to old Roy, who cares about the loyal fans anyway? Let's bring wasted slots like that should have been DLC like Viper instead!
Old 2011-01-28, 07:01   Link #1054
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Let's bring wasted slots like that should have been DLC like Viper instead!
Megaman's been pretty wack in every mvc game, Zero is a much better inclusion in a fighting game than Megaman... TvC's Volnutt version was the first time they actually got a decent move set for him, I'm pretty sure you'll see that version reworked a bit when he comes in. Anyway Viper's got more of a chance of being top tier than Magneto and most other characters too... I'm sure she'll get more mileage than most when it comes to tourney play... Marn the best TvC player of UAS seems pretty committed to her and made her look sick on his first day using her...

Besides if you're saying Viper should've been DLC and Megaman in the retail game than lol.. that's not how you make money! You're gotta also keep a few heavy hitters for the eventual update...

I have to say though if they were thinking of going with classic megaman than Arthur "stole" his spot as opposed to say someone like Viper. The MvC3 team have mentioned they were trying to find a balance between playstyles and genders so obviously a rushdown female character like Viper didn't take a spot away from a projectile spamming male character.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 09:55   Link #1055
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Y'know, looking at the final roster and how they play, my line-up is looking abit different...

-Akuma
-Taskmaster
-Hsien - Ko

Probably switch Taskmaster out with Deadpool every so often. Also, Lei-Lei sounds like she's voiced by Katie Griffin, is that right~?
Old 2011-01-28, 11:38   Link #1056
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Megaman's been pretty wack in every mvc game, Zero is a much better inclusion in a fighting game than Megaman... TvC's Volnutt version was the first time they actually got a decent move set for him, I'm pretty sure you'll see that version reworked a bit when he comes in. Anyway Viper's got more of a chance of being top tier than Magneto and most other characters too... I'm sure she'll get more mileage than most when it comes to tourney play... Marn the best TvC player of UAS seems pretty committed to her and made her look sick on his first day using her...

Besides if you're saying Viper should've been DLC and Megaman in the retail game than lol.. that's not how you make money! You're gotta also keep a few heavy hitters for the eventual update...

I have to say though if they were thinking of going with classic megaman than Arthur "stole" his spot as opposed to say someone like Viper. The MvC3 team have mentioned they were trying to find a balance between playstyles and genders so obviously a rushdown female character like Viper didn't take a spot away from a projectile spamming male character.
Mna, there are like 12 megaman versions out there, was really hard to choose another more fitting to a fighting game than classic megaman?!!!

And forgive me but Viper is just to overrated by capcom, a characters who has been "forced2 into the fans if you ask me, she doesn't beloing to the street fighter franchside for the mere fact she uses weapons, I just got my SSFlV copy and tried her out at the arcade, I just hated the character. Now she's brought to a cross over game while being yet to new and over more iconical Street Fighter characters like Guile, Bison, Cammy or Blanka.

Sorry, but I'm not the only one who agrees that C.Viper is the biggest wasted slot in MvC3.
Old 2011-01-28, 11:55   Link #1057
Soconfused
Old God Member

Quote:
Okay, so now the rooster is complete and the deception is official.

I still can't understand a logical reaosn for leaving Megaman out, oh wait, there is one, DLC because that gives more cash to old Roy, who cares about the loyal fans anyway? Let's bring wasted slots like that should have been DLC like Viper instead!
I cannot understand this love for having megaman in the game. Does every vs game have to have all the same damn characters from every other vs game? I'm actually in awe that capcom had the balls to give a big "fuck you" to a lot of the fanboy raving and go with an extremely diverse cast on both sides, even bringing in a lot of new blood and not so well known chars to get them some much needed spotlight. If you want to play megaman, he's right there in tvc and mvc2.

though, i dunno even know why i'm posting this, it's just more "whaaa <insert favorite char here> isn't in this game wtf wasting slots on <insert character you don't like>, go to hell capcoooom" thats been going on since the game was announced.
Old 2011-01-28, 12:16   Link #1058
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I cannot understand this love for having megaman in the game. Does every vs game have to have all the same damn characters from every other vs game? I'm actually in awe that capcom had the balls to give a big "fuck you" to a lot of the fanboy raving and go with an extremely diverse cast on both sides, even bringing in a lot of new blood and not so well known chars to get them some much needed spotlight. If you want to play megaman, he's right there in tvc and mvc2.

though, i dunno even know why i'm posting this, it's just more "whaaa <insert favorite char here> isn't in this game wtf wasting slots on <insert character you don't like>, go to hell capcoooom" thats been going on since the game was announced.
Sorry, but your theory of Capcom guts goes staright to the trash can for the fact that everyones' favorite team from MvC2 Sentinel, Storm & Magneto are back.

Man, we're speaking of a pure fanservice game, iconcal characters are menat to be here and yet Capcom's biggest star is ausent (The only one since Ryu and Chun Li are in). I'm not fan of megaman or much less but this is honestly really stupid.

And let me make you clear one thing, it's not that capcom said "Fuck you" to the fanboys, because Megaman will eventually appear as DLC, is that capcom realised how much extra cash they could get by adding him as an extra DLC, anyone with a bit of comon sense would realize that.

And all damn Capcom crossover games always have the same iconlicla characters because that's the idea of bringing two universes together. (and the idea of merchandasing)
Old 2011-01-28, 13:30   Link #1059
Soconfused
Old God Member

ryu and chun from street fighter, chris, jill from resident evil, dante from devil may cry, felicia morgan from darkstalkers, hell, zero from megaman, I mean, who else does capcom have to put in for there lineup to be considered iconic? You can't fit everyone into these games anymore, the only reason mvc2 even had so many was because they were rehashed sprites from older games, they had to remake every character for this game, that takes time and money. let them release the rest of the fan favorites as dlc. buy it or don't buy it, everyone wins.
Old 2011-01-28, 13:44   Link #1060
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I think the issue here is that megaman is widely regarded as Capcom's poster boy, so a capcom crossover game without him might seem a bit weird. I mean, you could have a Nintendo crossover game with Link, Donkey Kong and Bowser, but without Mario it seems weird. Granted it's not really to that extent, I can still sympathize with this school of thought. However, I still agree that Classic Megaman doesn't really fit with the way the game is, he'd probably suck unless they gave him more moves and make him a different character. Assuming they do add him in some form as dlc, I'll laugh if they use Megaman.exe, now that would be a big middle finger to the fanboys.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, ps3, xbox360