Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-14, 06:01   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Two questions for the beta players:

How bad are we talking when it comes to questing and story?

How badly does body size influence combat? In most general MMO's body size matters little since the hits are RNG-ed, but when it comes to a game with manual dodging and hitboxes, small size is an inevitable advantage. Are there compensations in place for playing a bigger race?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:03   Link #22
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm not far in the story... but I'm doing standard MMO quests... textboxes tell me what to do.. I go an kill 20 of these.

Quote:
How badly does body size influence combat? In most general MMO's body size matters little since the hits are RNG-ed, but when it comes to a game with manual dodging and hitboxes, small size is an inevitable advantage. Are there compensations in place for playing a bigger race?
Never played PvP but they say the bigger races have more reach then the smaller ones. But only in melee I believe.
Old 2012-04-14, 06:36   Link #23
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Debating if I'll give this MMO a go should I choose not to ass on to my 60 day SWTOR play.

Gonna try Open Beta of course. You guys chosen a server?

Of course I'm playing either a tank or a healbitch as per usual since, as everyone knows, they get all the chicks. I won't be partying with Saintess though since he'll just molest my characters.
I'll just be playing with my adorable loli goddess. And she's a healer-barrier-warrior, so she'll just show love and heal everyone else to death.

Assuming I go OB of course. Where do we download that again?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:42   Link #24
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quite the opposite. Yes it's broken, but Elins vs Amans for example, Zerker has more range as an Elin even though you're so small.

Also story and quests are meh .. But the fun combat keeps me playing it. I dont really care for the quests, I only do them to gain gold and levels.

As for servers, if you're gonna do PVE, please come to Dragonfall. I'm creating a guild there with a certain friend, but none of our friends who also join are going to roll priest or lancer. Having those in guild would be sweet ;d
Old 2012-04-14, 06:43   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For some damn reason the En Masse website won't let me enter the open beta code instructions. Hmm.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:46   Link #26
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I didn't exactly expect a 5h download... or the 25gb size. But I'll be able to play today at least, lol.

And now Kero's question about size made me wonder... Well, whatever. LET THEM HIT ME. I AM A MEATWALL.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 06:51   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Quite the opposite. Yes it's broken, but Elins vs Amans for example, Zerker has more range as an Elin even though you're so small.

Also story and quests are meh .. But the fun combat keeps me playing it. I dont really care for the quests, I only do them to gain gold and levels.

As for servers, if you're gonna do PVE, please come to Dragonfall. I'm creating a guild there with a certain friend, but none of our friends who also join are going to roll priest or lancer. Having those in guild would be sweet ;d
Send me download link please?

If two of you roll male lancers my little loli is going be so happy....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-14, 06:53   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

The OB instructions say you have to register, but my account is restricted from entering the OB code and downloading for some reason.

Region lock?
Old 2012-04-14, 06:59   Link #29
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The OB instructions say you have to register, but my account is restricted from entering the OB code and downloading for some reason.

Region lock?
Same here. It says "This account cannot be activated at the moment."

I want my loli.

EDIT :

Yes, they are IP Blocking.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-14 at 07:15.
Old 2012-04-14, 07:34   Link #30
Jaden

Quote:

There's some variation in the quests but it's mostly general MMO fare. Some quests have cutscenes and stuff, but mostly the story is just a backdrop and nobody really cares about it. You could say it's the opposite of SWTOR. On the flipside, you don't miss out on anything important by skipping quests, being in a party actually increases the experience you gain, and you can easily be boosted by higher level characters.

I think body size has only minimal effects on your hitbox for projectiles and melee range, for example if you hit "close enough" to an Elin it'll still register as a hit. But size is important because characters in combat actually have collision, so big people block more area. Also because your need to target a character manually to cast heals and buffs and stuff, big characters are much easier to heal.
Old 2012-04-14, 07:39   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well.... fuck that shit?

Oh well, it usually means they'll make a SEA release, I think.
Old 2012-04-14, 11:08   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Well my human male is going to be a lancer, but why be happy about that >_>'

and I guess I'll join you on the Dragon server Dist, From what I hear RPing is going to be lackster and almost impossible. So i'll just keep my RPing on TOR and WoW

About character sizes, Big characters = easier to hit with heal spells than smaller characters. (if it requires aim for that too.)

Come on Downloader, just a few more hours. ><

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-04-14 at 11:22.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:03   Link #33
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

So... Got to like level 10 with a Lancer. Also tried out a Berserker. Combat is fun.

Everything else... Not so much. Fell asleep eventually. Not for me at all.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:04   Link #34
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
So... Got to like level 10 with a Lancer. Also tried out a Berserker. Combat is fun.

Everything else... Not so much. Fell asleep eventually. Not for me at all.
How o.o Game isn't even out. Open beta doesn't start till the 19th.
Old 2012-04-14, 14:05   Link #35
Xion Valkyrie

Isn't right now only the name and character reservation for preorder purchasers? You can't actually play yet unless you're on the European servers.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:08   Link #36
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Well.... fuck that shit?

It is going to be totally like Dragon Nest. Everyone speaking in their own language.

EDIT :

Fck them idiots. There has been a petition for Singaporean players to go in, but right now they even blocked our IP to even register a public name. I think we can join the EU server.

Spoiler for Warning : Moe:

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-14 at 14:25.
Old 2012-04-14, 14:12   Link #37
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
How o.o Game isn't even out. Open beta doesn't start till the 19th.
Closed beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I think body size has only minimal effects on your hitbox for projectiles and melee range, for example if you hit "close enough" to an Elin it'll still register as a hit. But size is important because characters in combat actually have collision, so big people block more area. Also because your need to target a character manually to cast heals and buffs and stuff, big characters are much easier to heal.
Humm, not too happy about the solution to increase the hitboxes on small characters beyond their size...

Also, I hear people have OB keys. Where can one find one of those?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:35   Link #38
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Closed beta.

Humm, not too happy about the solution to increase the hitboxes on small characters beyond their size...

Also, I hear people have OB keys. Where can one find one of those?
Register for TERA on EME's site and enter the key TERABETA. That's how I got my OBT activated.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 15:35   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm going to gamestop tonight and preordering it omw to dinner and shopping. Seeya guys on open beta! WUahahahaha!
Old 2012-04-14, 17:57   Link #40
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Well.... fuck that shit?

Ain't happening. The game already has Japanese and Korean versions. You can play there. Also you can play on EU servers ; They do not block any countries or regions. You can also play through proxy on NA server if you want.

EU version is already like a '' SEA '' .. Everyone can play, so chat is full of languages you don't understand. fun? No. That's also one of the reasons I'm rolling on NA servers. Along with many other things..