AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 00:42   Link #261
kitsunisan

Damn, Io flinging those rocket fireworks like a BAWS.
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 02:48   Link #262
Lukeman1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So since Io's sparkler fireworks didn't go out (even when he was freaking twirling it), does that make him infinitely popular?
He will always be popular, as long as there still exists one pair of X chromosomes in the universe.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 11:50   Link #263
JediNight
キズランダム

Io was quite the lady-killer right at the end there.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 15:43   Link #264
Yushi

This is bad...really bad...Io has officially stolen my heart with this episode!! I mean, really? Jumping out of a train so that she wouldn't be alone!? *nosebleeds*
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:51   Link #265
chaos_animagic

Hay, no "fail" on the round head moe Hime... LOL

BTW, IO...

Exactly... "what are you"?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 21:39   Link #266
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 7 was the same old same old for me, and that = wonderful, light hearted and enjoyable. This is very endearing for me. I must admit that I lol'd when Hime clobbered Mayoi, though. Totally was not expecting something like that from her....
Old 2012-05-24, 00:41   Link #267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I really enjoyed episode 7. Thought the whole lap pillow thing was dangerously adorable and can't blame the group for taking the pictures. Regardless it's a highlight of the trip for Tsumiki since she actually got to pet Io's head this time. Also as usual I'm amazed at what Io can pull off. He and Sakaki quickly just set it up for him to leap from the train so Tsumiki wouldn't be left alone there. Though I was almost expecting her to be able to keep up with the train and jump inside.

Can say I would have been with Sakaki and Mayoi at the barbaque. Meat, meat, meat!

I'm impressed with Hime since I didn't think she had that much power. Guess she's getting tougher while hanging out with that group .
Old 2012-05-24, 03:15   Link #268
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I think it's safe to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Once again, Mayoi is the star of the show. Her antics never get old. However, seeing some of her jokes backfire on her is equally funny.

Lol, even Io's exposed back is enough to knock both Hime and Tsumiki out. And Io himself seems to be quite capable of delivering the final blow to them himself as well.

Also, don't mess with Hime. She may look cute and innocent, but she packs a deadly punch.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:32   Link #269
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for P2P 08 - A Girl's First Kill:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 17:19   Link #270
Dop
Mmmm....

Seven episodes in and I have to admit I love this show to bits. It's a combination of that very gentle courtship of Tsumiki and Io, and the comic interaction of the whole ensemble cast that just makes it a highlight of the week for me, and I think they've got the balance just perfect.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 16:50   Link #271
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2012-05-26, 21:16   Link #272
Shadow5YA

I think the song Io was playing was this:

If not, it's at least the same game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:23   Link #273
Sumeragi
Banned

I liked the reference to cat tongue, and also how the goldfishes were attracted to Io. I mean, leaping out into his container? Oh my, just what is the boundaries of your attractiveness, Io!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 21:25   Link #274
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Who the hell is Io he dosent catch fish fishs just jump in the bowl
Old 2012-05-26, 22:15   Link #275
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Who the hell is Io he dosent catch fish fishs just jump in the bowl
Io is "The One".
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 00:33   Link #276
kitsunisan

Man, someone said last week Hime's switch was flipped from fail to win, whomever did that hit that switch hard. Our little Hime is all grown up now.
Also:
Spoiler for Don't mess.:
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 11:05   Link #277
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Did Sakaki just get NTR'd by a goldfish? Because that might just be the saddest thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunisan View Post
Man, someone said last week Hime's switch was flipped from fail to win, whomever did that hit that switch hard. Our little Hime is all grown up now.
Also:
Spoiler for Don't mess.:
It's kind of bizarre to see a character arc in an anime adaptation of a 4-koma manga, but I don't know how else to interpenetrate her steadily growing self-confidence. Of course, I guess it had nowhere to go but up. I wish things could continue apace, because if they did, she'd be Io's female counterpart by next month: A school idol, and round-headed heart-breaker. But I suspect it's more just to give the viewer the satisfaction of seeing her finally score some wins.

Tsumiki's futile attempt to hide in Io's blanket was really the best part of the first half of episode 8. It kind of dragged a bit. Luckily, the second half was plenty of fun. Tsumiki taking a shot at Io was predictable, but still very cute.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:24   Link #278
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Tsumiki taking a shot at Io was predictable, but still very cute.
I don't know about you guys, but Io's voice when he said he's not the prize made my heart skip a beat. I never say something is sexy or anything like that. I hate that kind of thing. But god damn, this one moment left me speechless as the sexiness was springing from the screen. I have problems describing the feeling, it was just soooo awesome!

I can't overlook Tsumiki's try to kiss Io. She was soooo cute, she was really going to do that. So seriouss and so obvious. They are so sweet, and the words gentle courtship sum it up perfectly. They are something else, chemistry is there, the connection is there. Rare thing!

I loved the whole episode altogether and I agree I would like to see Sakaki and Mayoi together, they are just wonderful. I usually hate looser/victim characters even in comedies, but they are just hilarious. On another level. I simply love them. I also like Hime-cchi, she's as cute as Kanon's Ayu :3
Old 2012-05-27, 13:34   Link #279
Midonin
Last Engage

This show has a wonderful character song album. The songs all fit their character's personalities to a T, while keeping the same underlying heartwarmingness the show has in all of them.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 20:08   Link #280
chaos_animagic

IO is too OP...

First he got "Shock Wave Finger"
Than next he gets "Goldfish Attraction"
Afterwards at the Shooting Range... he brought down a giant plushie with 3 corks... in real life it would have taken 10 corks at same time... (not to mention he also "shot down" the other girl's heart with his super smooth saying always at the right itme....)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life