cannot see my own signature

my signature is missing in this post

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...42#post4840042

any reason why

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 17:41   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

When you made the post, you must have accidentally unchecked "show your signature" from the miscellaneous options (beneath the "submit reply" button). If you edit the post and click "go advanced" to get to full editing mode, you can check it again to have the signature appear with that post.
Old 2013-09-21, 21:03   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

And incidentally, if you happen to not have a signature at some point in time, the default option for all your posts will be to have the "show signature" option unchecked. If you then later decide to have a signature, it won't show up on those old posts unless you had manually checked that option. This is why I, for example, have [...] as my signature -- in case at some point in the future I decide to set something, and that way I don't have to remember to always check the box.

(And indeed, on the post in question, the "Show your signature" checkbox was unchecked. You can edit to change it if you want.)

P.S. As a completely separate aside about signatures, let me also say that if someone has set a signature, but then chooses to browse the forum with the signatures turned off globally, it may also be a good idea to turn them back on from time to time to make sure their own signature isn't broken. I've seen people who had their signatures disabled by a moderator (with a mod message in their signature) or otherwise break due to outside image hosting issues, and then go months without fixing it because -- I presume -- they don't have signatures on so never look at it. I sort of wonder why you'd even set a signature for yourself if you turn them off for everyone else... but that's neither here nor there...