AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-06, 08:12   Link #1161
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
http://www.elcazador.tv/ (Taken from MOON PHASE's Diary - Check out the CG there.)

Apparently it's El Cazador.

EDIT: It seems they've taken Kajiura Yuki and Bee Train aboard, so we can expect something in NOIR's and MADLAX's style. This is good news.
Yeah, El Cazador

But wow the CG in that site is so great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
I wold be overjoyed if it was really the case, as serious, classics shoujo manga are not often given this chance.
Chikyuu he... (Terra e...) is a shounen manga, and not shoujo manga.

Edit:

More El Cazador details: (Series Composition and Music)

==========

エル・カザド
El Cazador

Broadcast: 2007

Director: Koichi Mashimo
Character Design: Kikuchi Youko
Series Composition: Kanemaki Kenichi
Music: Kajiura Yuki
Animation Studio: Bee Train

Official Site:
http://www.elcazador.tv/

==========

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-01-06 at 11:14. Reason: Added more details about El Cazador.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 11:23   Link #1162
NeoSam

Both El Cazador and Chikyuu he... anime are getting broadcasted in April 2007
Old 2007-01-06, 11:27   Link #1163
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
But wow the CG in that site is so great
Sorry, it is called CG, isn't it? Or illustration, whichever you prefer these days. But I felt no need to steal the image so I rather linked to it.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 11:41   Link #1164
NeoSam

Quote:
Sorry, it is called CG, isn't it? Or illustration, whichever you prefer these days.
I was talking/joking about the official site of the anime, which has nothing on it, thats what the: was for.

Quote:
But I felt no need to steal the image so I rather linked to it.
Does it even matter? did they even get permission to scan that page ?

But "stealing" info other than that picture is alright ?
Old 2007-01-06, 11:52   Link #1165
cyth
Banned

Quote:
I was talking/joking about the official site of the anime, which has nothing on it, thats what the: was for.
Ahh, then it was a misunderstanding. My comment was referring to MOON PHASE's Diary.
Old 2007-01-06, 13:29   Link #1166
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Damn, that Ayakashi Ayashi news sucks big-time. Couldn't they have just transferred it to a different timeslot instead of shortening it altogether? If I remember correctly, both Samurai Champloo and Mushishi were dropped from the original channels on which they aired, then after a break returned and finished normally.

Good to see a new Bee Train though.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 13:47   Link #1167
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk View Post
Damn, that Ayakashi Ayashi news sucks big-time. Couldn't they have just transferred it to a different timeslot instead of shortening it altogether? If I remember correctly, both Samurai Champloo and Mushishi were dropped from the original channels on which they aired, then after a break returned and finished normally.
Well, actually, it's being syndicated on a half-dozen+ other stations too, so moving it to a different timeslot itself wouldn't necessarily be the issue. I assume what probably happened is that TBS/MBS/etc. were financial partners who invested in the first two quarters with an option for two additional quarters depending on ratings. Unlike the past-midnight stuff, 6pm is pretty lucrative; if this show doesn't pay the bills, they'll want to find something that does. The production team could have tried to get more investment from the publisher to make up for the networks pulling back, but I assume they calculated that the DVD sales wouldn't warrant further investment. So for now, they're just cutting it in half. If the DVD sales end up being surprisingly good, they can always bring it back for a second round (in a later/cheaper timeslot). Anyway, somewhat off-topic, but that's my theory, for what it's worth.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:14   Link #1168
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Thanks for the post. That does clarify why they did what they did. And now that I think about it, it was never officially announced that Ayakashi Ayashi would be 50 episodes; everyone assumed that would be the case due to the timeslot. So that would fit in with what you said about the broadcasters paying for a trial run.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 15:11   Link #1169
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I'm there!

Quote:
Both El Cazador and Chikyuu he... anime are getting broadcasted in April 2007
I can't wait to check out 'El Cazdor'. I guess this is the project that the guys at 'Bee Train' had been referring to after they finished 'Madlax'. I read about the new "idea" they were planning to do in a past issue of 'Newtype USA'. They were interviewing the creators on 'Madlax'. So of course they joke about some of the ridiculous stuff in 'Madlax' but enjoy it notheless. But they hinted at another show they wanted to do involving their love of girls and guns. At that time there was no word of what it would be. I'd had forgotten all about it. I figured I'd hear about it eventually if it was a go. Now I see it's going as planned.

Now that I own 'Noir' I can't pick up 'Madlax' and check this out in 'April'. Of course the new 'Kiddy Grade' sounds interesting too. Already creating much comments. I did enjoy the first series though I did feel something was missing. I still have yet to pick up the last two volumes. If I had waited I could have bought the entire set for $48 during 'TRSI's Xmas sales.

I guess 'El Cazador' will be what I'll look forward to because I really don't seen anything new that I'm interested in at this time. But the year is still young so I'm sure I'll find something.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-01-08 at 12:45.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 17:01   Link #1170
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
I can't wait to check out 'El Cazdor'. I guess this is the project that the guys at 'Bee Train' had been referring to after they finished 'Madlax'. I read about the new "idea" they were planning to do in a past issue of 'Newtype USA'. They were interviewing the creators on 'Madlax'. So of course they joke about some of the ridiculous stuff in 'Madlax' but enjoy it notheless. But they hinted at another show they wanted to do involving their love of girls and guns. At that time there was no word of what it would be. I'd had forgotten all about it. I figured I'd hear about it eventually if it was a go. Now I see it's going as planned.
I, for one, have been anxiously awaiting word of it ever since I read that article. Imagine my surprise this morning upon finding out that it's now reality!

But then again, I'm weird that way.

Well, off to find every tiny scrap of information I can about it!
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 17:12   Link #1171
cyth
Banned

For now, I've combined everything I could find and translate on it here, if you're interested, Fellini 8.5.
Old 2007-01-06, 20:18   Link #1172
Sakuya
*Artist

Yes, another series with Kajiura Yuki! Let's see what she comes up with this time. I'll at least watch it for the music since I'm not a fan of Bee Train or this kind of story.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:04   Link #1173
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:

==========

連鎖病棟
Rensa Byoutou

Sale: Summer 2007

Seijin muke anime (anime for adults).

Based on an eroge (ero-game).

Original Work: Selen

Site of the company: (warning: do not access this site unless you are 18+)
http://www.selen.ag/

Site of the game: (warning: do not access this site unless you are 18+)
http://www.selen.ag/products/RensaByo-toh/index.php

==========

ドキドキ母娘レッスン
DokiDoki Haha Musume Lesson (DokiDoki Mother Daughter Lesson)

Original Work: TinkerBell

http://www.cyberworks.co.jp/tink/

http://www.cyberworks.jp/tink/oyako/

==========

めがちゅ!
Megachu!

Original Work: FrontWing

http://frontwing.jp/

http://xoops.frontwing.jp/product/mega/index.html

==========

I don't think I can add the covers of the games :P
How is seijin muke different from H? Or are they just the same? I was like when I accessed those sites ... because I didn't know what seijin muke was.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:55   Link #1174
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
How is seijin muke different from H? Or are they just the same? I was like when I accessed those sites ... because I didn't know what seijin muke was.
seijin muke = aimed at adult = for adult

I should have said this; these three anime are produced and sold under the Milky animation label (18+ site, be careful), adult anime OVAs are produced and sold under this label.

Whats sold under this label are adult anime OVAs that are based on adult manga (H-manga, ero-manga) and adult games (eroge).
Old 2007-01-06, 22:57   Link #1175
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
broccoli's page for Kamichama Karin anime announcement:

http://www.broccoli.co.jp/sp/karin/
ksdafhtortoweutjjgh OMG.....I am very very happy with that anime Karin.

Looks like the same character designer as Pita Ten. Or maybe that's just Koge-sensei's magic. xD
Old 2007-01-06, 23:27   Link #1176
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5 View Post
I, for one, have been anxiously awaiting word of it ever since I read that article. Imagine my surprise this morning upon finding out that it's now reality!

But then again, I'm weird that way.

Well, off to find every tiny scrap of information I can about it!
Oh yeah, my thoughts exactly! All these months of especulation, antecipation and wishful thinking finally compensated! "El Cazador", the third one of the Noir/Madlax trilogy is finally here! And I'm there! Go Bee-Train! ^^
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 00:06   Link #1177
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE View Post
Oh yeah, my thoughts exactly! All these months of especulation, antecipation and wishful thinking finally compensated! "El Cazador", the third one of the Noir/Madlax trilogy is finally here! And I'm there! Go Bee-Train! ^^
Wait, a trilogy? So Madlax was a sequel to Noir? I guess I'll just listen to the music for this one.
Old 2007-01-07, 00:26   Link #1178
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Wait, a trilogy? So Madlax was a sequel to Noir? I guess I'll just listen to the music for this one.
Heh, sounds confusing huh? Well not exactly a trilogy as in Madlax is not a sequel to Noir and El Cazador won't be a sequel to Madlax. Those three projects are just part of an unnoficial "girl-with-guns" Bee-Train trilogy with no direct links between each other but that share many similarities in the plot, characters and even staff!
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 00:32   Link #1179
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE View Post
Heh, sounds confusing huh? Well not exactly a trilogy as in Madlax is not a sequel to Noir and El Cazador won't be a sequel to Madlax. Those three projects are just part of an unnoficial "girl-with-guns" Bee-Train trilogy with no direct links between each other but that share many similarities in the plot, characters and even staff!
I see. No wonder Madlax's 2-girl trio with guns is so similar with Noir. I think I even got them swapped once before I started watching Noir.
Old 2007-01-07, 04:51   Link #1180
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Yoshitomo Yonetani To Helm Independent OAV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Similar to what we've seen come from Makoto Shinkai and what's been proposed for Be Rockn', word on the street is director Studio Hibari and Yoshitomo Yonetani (Betterman, Gaogaigar, Brigadoon) are looking to become involved in a new independent OAV project. Staff will be virtually non-existant, production will be carried out by a mere handful of people. This can be done becuase almost all of the work is being done in a computer. Original concept, Direction, and Screenplay will all be handled by Yoshimoto, Character Design will be provided by MA@YA, Animation Production proper is being credited to: Studio Hibari CG Team. It's said MA@YA will totally flush out the full range of character expressions and articulation in a 3D program.
Quote:
Masahiko Okura's Next Project
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Sub No. 6 and Yukikaze Director is said to be developing a new TV series based on "Suu Nin No Onnanoko Tachi Ga, Tagaini Seichou Shi Nagara Issho Ni Tsukuriage Tei Ku".
Quote:
Tatsuo Sato On Upcoming TV Series
Director Tatsuo Sato's (Gunslinger Girl, Tokyo Tribes 2) name has been connected to an as yet unnamed anime TV series project to air sometime after the summer of 2007.
Quote:
Gankutsuou Film And New Manga
Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo produced in 2004 by GONZO and directed by Mahiro Maeda will see a theatrical film version released at some point in the future. Production is now progressing on it. A special extra manga chapter (being created by Maeda) will serialize this winter in the pages of Kodansha'a Afternoon.
Quote:
Manabu Ono Working On New Series
Transformers Cybertron and Galaxy Force Director Manabu Ono is developing a new original TV series now scheduled to broadcast in the autumn of 2007. Look for a proper announcement in spring.
Quote:
New Kouji Masunari Work
R.O.D. The TV Series and Kamichu Director Kouji Masunari is said to be cooking up a lavish new anime "masterpiece", look for further details soon.
Quote:
Another New Anime From Mizushima Seiji
Dai-Guard and Fullmetal Alchemist Director Mizushima Seiji is said to have another new anime project in the works within 2007 besides the Oh! Edo Rocket TV series being produced by Madhouse.
Quote:
Sakoi Masayuki Attached To Direct New Anime
Sakoi Masayuki (Strawberry Panic) will direct a new TV series to be animated by Madhouse. The premise will be based on a certain popular Shonen Manga. Broadcast scheduled for this spring. This is series is being rumored Kaibutsu Oujo (Princess Resurrection).

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers