~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

awesome.... Mashima just wasted many pages just to explain the rules... hahaha

Erza Scarlet is truly the BEST!!!!! BEAUTIFUL
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 23:52   Link #8402
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Well I was sort of expecting one of Jura, Sabertooth and Erza to call all the remaining monsters on their turn. But I didn't expect it to be the first draw.

Also if what the judge said is true, that the S monsters are so tough that even the Council mages may not win. Then an army of these from whoever created them would make the mages obsolete
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 23:54   Link #8403
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Holy.. idk what to say.

We got like 10+ pages of the introduction of the participants and the introduction + rules of the game and i was like oh my god this is gonna be so good but nooo its already at page 17 so i guess we've got to wait till nxt week.
I was even wondering when Erza got the no.1 draw lot on what would she do because imo she isn't exactly the 'thinking' type. I thought 50 would be a good bet, but all 100. :O

3 Pages. She took 3 pages and it was literally owning! Owning! This is so epic. I mean. JUST EPIC. I especially loved the pages where everyone's jaws were dropping because i'm pretty sure thats exactly what happened to the readers! Natsu & Gray were just laughing like ahahaha so expected of Erza.
At the end i was thinking, like damn. So basically the rules were a 'waste' of pages but actually no,it just added to the badassery of Erza.

And to make it perfect for me there was this text on the 2nd last page that said
''Almost like .. A Scarlet Flower .. blooming fully with pride.''

Epic. Just Epic, with the last page holding up the sword.
Old 2012-05-25, 23:58   Link #8404
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
O_O
Down boy...don't waste all your glee in one post.
Heh, I got work tomorrow so I won't be around to gush further.

And even if all my glee was in this one post, no one post can hope to contain all the glee.
Old 2012-05-26, 00:00   Link #8405
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I can just imagine this in the animé. Heavy Metal background music, or something hard rock, no, I, I don't even know if any type of music would do Erza justice. In fact, I don't even know why next week's title is MPF. It should be: Erza Scarlet-FBAMF (Female Bad Ass, well you know the rest).
Old 2012-05-26, 00:20   Link #8406
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
On another note...how many tourney points do the others get? Erza just scored 10pt for FTA. How will the points be distributed? I'm sure we'll get our answer with the chapter next week. I'll be looking forward to the new battle matchups.
Technically they're all tied for last place, so odds are decent they'll all get zero points for the competition portion. Under the rules of the game, the game ended when Erza took out the last of the monsters, and they can't really reset it just because the rules underestimated the strength of the first challenger. Theoretically they could all be awarded 8 points as they're also tied for second place, but that seems unlikely as they didn't get to actually do anything.

Fairy Tail A getting 10 points and everyone else none would put the rankings at:

1. Raven Tail 36p
2. Fairy Tail A 22p
3. Sabertooth 20p
3. Lamia Scale 20p
5. Mermaid Heel 19p
6. Blue Pegasus 17p
7. Quatro Puppy 12p
7. Fairy Tail B 12p

And giving everyone else 8 points just for watching would result instead in Erza's feat being an effective 2 point, one place gain in the rankings, which is a pretty big slap in the face.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 01:10   Link #8407
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Now remember what I told you about since Erza came out she will win in the typical Erza style .
I just love the wtf faces of all others .
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:42   Link #8408
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*jaw drops*

Words fail to describe the sheer epic BEAUTY that Erza Scarlet has displayed this week. This was definitely one of THE finest moments that Mashima has ever drawn in his entire career. This was...no, this IS... beauty.

I believe that we all can shout those great words that Noriko-sama once said a few years ago in that awesome speech as Charles Britannia. Of course, I propose an ammendment to the original line:

ALL HAIL TITANIA!!!

Spoiler for some quick motivationals XD:

lol i just realized your avatar is Erza XD

Erza was cool in this chapter. I mean she always is.

I did kind of want to see the others fight the monsters though. Though I'm happy it didn't drag on for weeks, since it definitely could have.

I wonder if Erza will be replaced now. She seems pretty beat up.

About the points, like Krono pointed out, if Erza gets 10 and everyone else 0, the points are like this:

1. Raven Tail 36p
2. Fairy Tail A 22p
3. Sabertooth 20p
3. Lamia Scale 20p
5. Mermaid Heel 19p
6. Blue Pegasus 17p
7. Quatro Puppy 12p
7. Fairy Tail B 12p

however, if she gets 10 and everyone else 8, it's more like this:

1. Raven Tail 44p
2. Sabertooth 28p
2. Lamia Scale 28p
4. Mermaid Heel 27p
5. Blue Pegasus 25p
6. Fairy Tail A 22p
7. Quatro Puppy 20p
7. Fairy Tail B 20p

So the difference in rank is huge depending on how the points are rewarded. or maybe they'll average out the points and give everyone else 4 points, which would make it more like:

1. Raven Tail 40p
2. Sabertooth 24p
2. Lamia Scale 24p
4. Mermaid Heel 23p
5. Fairy Tail A 22p
6. Blue Pegasus 21p
7. Quatro Puppy 16p
7. Fairy Tail B 16p
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:53   Link #8409
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, we are introduced to a pretty good game of choice, with plenty of the participants having various advantages over the others and a potentially fun 2-chapter game...and then Erza draws the first lot Mashima is definitely becoming more masterful in the art of surprising me, this arc has been full of them PLOT TWIST! moments

Quote:
And giving everyone else 8 points just for watching would result instead in Erza's feat being an effective 2 point, one place gain in the rankings, which is a pretty big slap in the face.
I'll go with this too, she deserves them 10 points.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 03:40   Link #8410
sergel02

I'm waiting for Fairy Tail B and A to battle each other. Am i the only one?

Anyway, i have a question. Who's the narrator of Fairy Tail now? Levy right, since in the earlier chapter we found out she had been narrating since Lucy couldn't for some reason, and the narration was shown at the end along with a pic of her:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy...6/c284/19.html

She's looking pretty btw. Gajeel's lucky that bastard XD
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 03:45   Link #8411
Albafica
Pisces no saint

F*ck you Mashima, i came! Epic Erza!!! Dat page of Erza!!!!
I hope that we will see more armor of her because we often saw same armor like we saw in the last chapter at the end... The same with no defense but only attack.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:34   Link #8412
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

What I really want is for an epic battle that would end in a tie...
Maybe Natsu vs Gajeel(or Laxus)? So far non of the battles ended in a draw which is boring in my opinion.

But yeah, when a Battle between Fairy Tail A and B will happen, most people will think that one team will let the one with higher points win so they can win the tournament, only for them to start seriously duke it out.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 05:16   Link #8413
haegar
mangaviking

damn I missed the chap last night closely XD

dat Erza. Do I get this right she be officially WIZARD SAINT level now? she beat one deamon"somewhere around" WS level PLUS all the others wearing her out... niiiice powerup. Natsu will have to work hard now, becoming S-Class ain't enough hehe
Old 2012-05-26, 05:21   Link #8414
Bern-san

Erza being Erza. So awesome!
Hope this teaches Sabertooth and the spectators a lesson, Fairy Tail is full of epicness
Old 2012-05-26, 05:36   Link #8415
orangejuicetang

Going by the last page, it looks like she chose to use her no-armor super offensive cherry crimson fairy sword she used against Azuma.

At least, that's what I think, comparing the hilt of that sword to the hilt of the fairy crimson cherry.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:42   Link #8416
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Holy shit, erza...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:09   Link #8417
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol all these people think Erza is the mistress of awesome, But Saeko from HOTD holds that title.

If she's so "Powerful" why does Natsu beat all the big bad guys =\

and if she's the mistress, then Gildartz is the Master (In fairy tail anime, theres far more bad ass people out there.)

so much overreacting seriously. Erza has done cooler shit. 100 monsters isn't much, I bet Gray could have done that with a massive AoE lol. OP Ice Mages =\
Old 2012-05-26, 09:13   Link #8418
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I can just imagine this in the animé. Heavy Metal background music, or something hard rock, no, I, I don't even know if any type of music would do Erza justice. In fact, I don't even know why next week's title is MPF. It should be: Erza Scarlet-FBAMF (Female Bad Ass, well you know the rest).
Forget Rock or metal.

Only Epic music like this would do to describe this feat of madness.

With a fitting title to boot!

Thanks for the help Kyero!

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-05-26 at 09:33.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:16   Link #8419
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

thats lame, this is more fitting, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk

[.youtube][./youtube] without the .'s and the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk

Old 2012-05-26, 09:29   Link #8420
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ 'Strength of a Thousand' - Nice touch there, nova.

@ Kyero - sure, Jura could have most likely done it, or possibly any number of the other mages. But they probably wouldn't have put themselves into that kind of high-risk situation (the S-class monster being a random encounter). Erza did it to prove a point about Fairy Tail, not so much about herself.

She is strong enough to have defeated most of the big bads but she's also trying to allow Natsu to develop into a mage as strong or stronger than she is. She's putting herself in '2nd Fiddle' place on purpose a lot of the times to him.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen