AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 14:24   Link #1101
xPresagio

Only one now, since episode 25 has already been translated.

And I share the same feelings that some of you have expressed about such chapter:
Spoiler:

Not having seen chapter 26 yet, I can only hope that some questions like the aforementioned hidden archers are answered, as well as some thoughts from Shuuga and Torogai about the Fire people and the future of the nation, regarding the Seirei(*) affairs.

Will they actually expose the faults of the official Kingdom story to the common folk (and thus create doubts a about the "holy" origin of previous Emperors) or decide to protect the status quo, even if "tying" all the loose ends involve the actual saviors of the nation.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 20:03   Link #1102
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
Will they actually expose the faults of the official Kingdom story to the common folk (and thus create doubts a about the "holy" origin of previous Emperors) or decide to protect the status quo, even if "tying" all the loose ends involve the actual saviors of the nation.
I, of course, don't know, but it would make the most sense for them to find a way to declare Chagum the savior of the Empire even though he is officially dead, and even though it causes problems for the official history of the founding. The people will be very happy to know that the new Emperor will be someone awesome enough to save them, and it does no one any good to leave people wondering who will succeed to the throne, now that Chagum's brother is dead.
Old 2007-10-18, 12:16   Link #1103
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Absolutely wonderful story. This just broke into my top 10 of all time favourites. Balsa just kicks too much arse is is wonderful.

I loved the way how there were no real evil characters in this, just lots of shades of grey it made for a real refreshing change to the normal fantasy flicks.

Most defiantly top on my shopping list
Old 2007-10-18, 12:40   Link #1104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for ep 26:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 12:46   Link #1105
Karnot
Banned

I agree. It would be aproppriate if Chagum stabbed him in the back. I mean, come one, the arrogant bastard ordered his death, TWICE ! Ordered Balsa,s death, TWICE ! Just kill him and live happily ever after.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:00   Link #1106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for ep 26:
Old 2007-10-18, 14:37   Link #1107
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Warning. Shameless fanboy rave following.

Over and out. Masterpiece.

Seirei no Moribito was the best anime starting in 2007 so far and I can't see any October show becoming a challenger.

The anime is not perfect, no anime is. But I see it well in the upper ten percent of the quality scale for character, story, and animation (or maybe better: "visual component"). For enjoyment anyway. Thus I'm willing to give 10/10 points in all these categories and 10/10 overall. And I'm not somebody to lightly throw such ratings around.

OK, OK, I admit I'm trying to ignore the sound department here. OP and ED are just too important, and the horrible, horrible OP that made me pray for a carpet bombihumanitarian intervention at a L'Arc de Ciel concert pushes the sound rating down to 6, maybe 7 if I'm generous.

It's hard, at least for me, to explain what an anime does right. So I refrain myself to give a few examples what it didn't do wrong.The setting didn't look contrived for the sake of the story, the story not for the sake of the characters, and the characters were believable and rich. The setting, while complex, also never became too much for the author to handle. (Gonzo, I'm looking at you.) SnM also never resorted to fanservice, hijinx, random explosions, moe, or gar.

SnM managed to do with high quality ingredients composed by a masterchef what many other anime try to archive with BBQ sauce. "Seirei no Moribito didn't need to ... and was still much better." looks like a great all-purpose argument for anime bashing for the near future. I will try to resist that temptation.

Thanks to those-who-cannot-be-named for doing the unspeakable at such a great quality level.

Last edited by Slice of Life; 2007-10-18 at 14:50.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 16:16   Link #1108
Blaat

A satisfying ending and overall a great show, had fun watching this.

Spoiler for ep 26/TandaxBalsa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for ep 26:
QFT
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 20:11   Link #1109
juventas

Ooh, I hope they animate the second book.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 22:19   Link #1110
Joojoobees

I don't want Balsa to go!

If they brought out a second season, I would be there in an instant.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 22:37   Link #1111
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2007-10-19 at 10:52. Reason: Spoiler tags added
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:35   Link #1112
Mithinco
Laughing Anime

Great show. I enjoyed it a lot.
Mithinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:39   Link #1113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I prefer to use spoilers for a day or two after the sub's release.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:02   Link #1114
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Wow. What a great anime. I give it a 11/10. Its one of those shows thats just so refreshing, makes me wish there were more like this. And I do hope for a season 2, and a US release.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:12   Link #1115
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I don't think this really needs a spoiler any more now that the subs are out.
I dont think you clearly understand what exactly is a spoiler and why people hate the idiots who spoil things for them.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:29   Link #1116
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Well if they decide to animate the second volume http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_series then I'm definitely going to watch that too.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 07:12   Link #1117
imotheb

No doubt one of the best shows this season, great story and characters.

Really hope they make Yami no morabito with (at least) the same quality asap
imotheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:32   Link #1118
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Whoa! So there are ten(!) novels in the series. All this time I thought this was an anime original, though obviously I hadn't done any actual research on it.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this series and I'd love to see more of it. Unfortunately animating the entire series will likely not happen and would probably take many, many years even if they did. I was especially annoyed with Balsa being so stubborn with Tanda, so I'd like to see that issue finally corrected in a second season.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:53   Link #1119
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Loved the series sad its over. I had been watching it inbetween other series and it was always a nice distraction. One thing i especially loved was the dialog through out the series. Also, i loved the animation as well Balsa was charasmatic character. It was wrapped up quite well the only thing i would really wish to see, is what would happen between Tanda and Balsa once she comes back. But i guess in several way it was applied what would eventually happen. The feelings were obvious between both of them.
Old 2007-10-19, 19:43   Link #1120
itis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Whoa! So there are ten(!) novels in the series. All this time I thought this was an anime original, though obviously I hadn't done any actual research on it.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this series and I'd love to see more of it. Unfortunately animating the entire series will likely not happen and would probably take many, many years even if they did. I was especially annoyed with Balsa being so stubborn with Tanda, so I'd like to see that issue finally corrected in a second season.
Unless they skip over the events in the second novel, Tanda won't be in the second season (if they do decide to do a second season).

Spoiler for spoiler about the second novel:

I personally think that if they do decide to do a second season, they should skip the second book (it is so boring), and do it on the third book.
itis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.