AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-06, 04:03   Link #281
desrtsku
Nympholept

ヴァルトラウテさんの婚活事情/Waltraute-san no Konkatsu Jijo?
Old 2012-05-07, 11:17   Link #282
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
ヴァルトラウテさんの婚活事情/Waltraute-san no Konkatsu Jijo?
...Waltraute-san's Marriage situation...?

As for Kamachi, I do find it unlikely that it's a group of writers as the style of writing is way too consistent. Normally for writing, the editors are the secondary options for ideas. Remember, this is the guy who finished up the Deep Blood volume (volume 2) in 17 days...
Old 2012-05-07, 13:35   Link #283
desrtsku
Nympholept

At least with that, it's sure he's not a "they" ... what's left is to confirm if he's really a he and not a "it".
So now, what are the odds of chaos or anyone else posting on Thursday that he has yet another other other other other new work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Remember, this is the guy who finished up the Deep Blood volume (volume 2) in 17 days...
But that one is SOOOO USED that it now sounds like an urban legend
Old 2012-05-07, 19:56   Link #284
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
But that one is SOOOO USED that it now sounds like an urban legend
And the irony is that most of the "urban legends" concepts we have heard of from... you know where, are true.

... Excuse me for adding to this conversation and not sticking to the topic, as it is, I have zero material as news for the moment...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-05-08, 21:56   Link #285
Kunagisa

Woot!!! Biblia Koshodou no Jiken-Techou is getting another manga!!!

Worth noting that Vol 1/2 of the novel now nets 724,227/502,562 copies to date respectively.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:10   Link #286
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So Kamachi's new, new Light Novel series titled [The Zashiki-Warashi of Intelli Village] is out today.

^
If I base my impression off from that image alone, I would say it's about a Zashiki-Warashi with a taste for expensive looking headphones... And I know there's a large number of you people who have a thing for headphone fetishes...

...But lucky I also have a translation by Sumeragi prepared weeks ago to shine some light on this new series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
This is "Intelli* Village". A region where the rural has become a high-class brand. While on the outside is that of a reclining place, behind the scenes it is a strange high-tech piece of land where the best of science and technology have been gathered to form the cutting edge countryside. The collaboration of the rural and the latest technology. That is "Intelli Village".

Here, the rural has been laid out so perfectly, the youkais have come to live. (something about environment). Wearing 3D googles and gracefully playing a game using a wireless controller, a Zashiki-warashi with large breasts is.... However, here where life with the youkais is peaceful, there are traps. A system which uses the characteristics of the youkais, "Package". That small scale, I touched by chance, and I waited....

*Intelli: Short form of intelligent
Admittingly, I told her it was okay to give me a rough translation...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-09 at 21:47.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:03   Link #287
desrtsku
Nympholept

Looks like it's in the top 10 of Amazon's list ... but far behind Durarara!!, Kagerou days, Medaka Box, boku to kanojo no game sensou, and this 楽聖少女 (no idea how to read that >.>)
Old 2012-05-11, 02:27   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Looks like it's in the top 10 of Amazon's list ... but far behind Durarara!!, Kagerou days, Medaka Box, boku to kanojo no game sensou, and this 楽聖少女 (no idea how to read that >.>)
That is to be expected- it would be strange if this brand new title even came close to durarara that has a rather successful Anime.

Besides, the only reason why we care is because its written by Kamachi.exe

As for that last title... I can tell you the last two characters are 'shoujo'
Old 2012-05-11, 05:13   Link #289
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for that last title... I can tell you the last two characters are 'shoujo'
Thanks, I could have never guessed it myself
hmm, but the girl in the cover is really pretty and wears some stylish clothes *save picture as*

Quote:
That is to be expected- it would be strange if this brand new title even came close to durarara that has a rather successful Anime.
Naturally that's no surprise, but I expected it to at least top the other news comers ... 「or at the very least the fodder Medaka Box which doesn't seem to benefit from the anime at all (>w>) (though I'm sure that one will skyrocket if Kum- ... if the anime gets better soon enough.)」

EDIT : 「hum, for the later case everything might happen because of the frequent ranking changes (and because it's not MB's first week) ^^" but we'll be fixed about it when this week's sales will be reported」

Whatever, the performance is not that bad for a new comer ... but how long does it take for them to be hyped by some positive reviews?

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-05-11 at 09:19. Reason: ironical update
Old 2012-05-12, 07:54   Link #290
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So Kamachi's new, new Light Novel series titled [The Zashiki-Warashi of Intelli Village] is out today.

Well I see it at Kino...dunno if I should buy though....I'm worried it won't live up to Index standard although flipping through it seems decent enough on its own...
Old 2012-05-12, 08:02   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well I see it at Kino...dunno if I should buy though....I'm worried it won't live up to Index standard although flipping through it seems decent enough on its own...
That's a slippery slope thinking that I made with Heavy Object- Instead of taking it as it is I was comparing it with Index.

Let's face it, Kamachi is going to save his Index-worthy ideas for Index, his flagship series All these other Light Novels are probably exploring ideas that he can't put into that story.

But if you like his style of writing and his focus on detailed settings and scenarios, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Besides, the Dominion of Index wasn't created in one volume
Old 2012-05-13, 03:05   Link #292
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
larger zashiki warashi cover:

dem boobs. @_@

it looks interesting, i hope someone translates it. i can't read moonrunes.
Old 2012-05-13, 03:28   Link #293
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Did it catch the interest of The Kamachi.exe translator as well?
Old 2012-05-13, 10:03   Link #294
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Wasn't there another new light novel Kamachi is doing? Something to do with a valkyrie I believe.

This one looks pretty good by the cover.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:19   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Wasn't there another new light novel Kamachi is doing? Something to do with a valkyrie I believe.

This one looks pretty good by the cover.
Actually he's doing THREE brand new light novels in this year alone.

1)Waltraute-san no Konkatsu Jijo, aka the Valkyrie one.
2)Zashiki Warashi of Intelli Village, this one
3)A simple Questionaire, nobody knows what this is except that it comes out in July.

Quote:
^ Did it catch the interest of The Kamachi.exe translator as well?
Maybe; he did translate the synopsis on /a/
Old 2012-05-13, 11:31   Link #296
hao-sama

more zashiki warashi:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...64#post4158564

dem boobs man. @_@

the art looks great, though the boobs are a bit (? more like overly) large.
Old 2012-05-13, 13:24   Link #297
Mura
Now or Never

Those boobs are huge, like queen's blade cattleya huge.
Old 2012-05-13, 14:18   Link #298
hao-sama

well here's all The Kamachi Spam info from js06 so far.

Spoiler for Zashiki Warashi:

Spoiler for Walraute:

Spoiler for Survey:
Old 2012-05-13, 17:01   Link #299
Mura
Now or Never

Zashiki sounds alright, didn't really blows me away by that, hopefully it'll get better.

Though Walraute sounds so epic to me, hopefully it'll be translated.

We'll have to wait and see on the survey for now.

Are there threads for the first two or is it too soon for that yet?
Old 2012-05-16, 13:44   Link #300
hao-sama

more zashiki warashi from js06:

Quote:
Character Introductions

Zashiki-Warashi
A zashiki-warashi who lives in Intellectual Village, an area where "rural" has been made into a brand. She is a large-breasted onee-san type. She freeloads in Shinobu's house, but she has no intention at all of carrying out a zashiki-warashi's job and instead is always playing hi-spec games.
"But wouldn't you get really mad at me if I DID act more like a zashiki-warashi?"

Jinnai Shinobu
A high school student living in Intellectual Village. Despite how he looks, he is an excellent class representative. Even during summer break he diligently checks on the problem children in the sanatorium. According to the large breasted Zashiki-Warashi, he seems to have a higher chance than most to run into youkai.
“Is this that thing where you sneak into someone’s futon in the middle of the night with no advance warning?”

Yuki Onna
A loli girl. She often zones out and somehow makes others want to help her. However, she is a dangerous youkai in a certain sense. Namely, she has a habit of asking every guy she meets to marry her. She does not like the summer.
“We meet again. Is this destiny? How about it? Will you try marrying me for a bit?”

Kotemitsu Madoka
Shinobu’s classmate. She is rich and has a talent for financial things such as stock trading, so she lives a life of leisure. She lives in the sanatorium as a patient, but it is not clear if she is actually sick…In fact, it’s probably a lie.
“Since we have nothing to talk about, how about I teach you how to make money?”

Hishigami Enbi
A pigtailed swimsuit girl. She is a modern middle school girl who is obsessed with mysteries and frequently appears at “suspicious crime scenes” for some reason. Unlike her older sister, her breasts are lacking.
“Could you fascinate me for a bit?”

Hishigami Mai
A beautiful older sister. She seems to work some dangerous job, yet her manner of speaking is light and she lives freely on her whims. Unlike her little sister, her breasts are plentiful.
“What’s with this!! This person’s really damn cute!!”

Uchimaku Hayabusa
A detective. He belongs to Department 1 that deals with dangerous crimes like murder. He is the stereotypical straightforward man who wears a suit wherever he goes.
“Why did you force me to take my salary and drag me out here?”

Hafuri
A certain organization’s leader. She has an orderly personality and gives responses in an inflexible way. When caught off guard, she is rather weak.
“Very well, then. Please explain it to me.”
Quote:
Excerpt

“…Wait, why are you, a yuki onna, out here under the midsummer sun?”
“If I tell you, will you promise to marry me?”
“No, I won’t. Those terms are a bit much.”
Actually, marriage was probably just a trigger for her to attack. She would ask anyone who met certain requirements to marry her, trap anyone who consented within countless promises, and then freeze them to death. You could not take her seriously. She took marriage way too lightly. With her, it seemed somehow lighter than air.
“If you don’t promise you will marry me, I will make sure you die…”
“Geh!? You had another tactic prepared!?”
If he did not promise her the ridiculous, he would be killed, and if he let anyone else find out, he would be killed? That was about the worst possible idiosyncrasy!!
“I-I’m a minor, so…”
“That is only under human rules. Under youkai rules, an oral promise is enough. Now, let’s get married right away. Marriage now.”
“I like the human way!! And I wouldn’t last a day thrown out onto a snowy plain!!”
“Then promise you will marry me as soon as you are of marrying age according to the Japanese constitution.”
“Too bad! The Japanese constitution doesn’t allow marriages between humans and youkai, so it will never be possible!”
Youkai had customarily been treated like humans, but there was no legal basis for it. They could not even get a cell phone contract.
The yuki onna tilted her head to the side in puzzlement and said, “If the Japanese constitution gets amended for some reason or another, that may cease to be the case. Heh heh heh heh heh heh.”
(Geh. Not good. I doubt the law will change anytime soon, but I don’t want to have her suddenly show up in 50 years saying I broke my promise. Apparently, their appearance won’t change much even after 1000 years, so it’s entirely possible.)
“I can’t talk about getting married with someone whose name I don’t know.
“It is #58902385Ra4.”
(Oh, god. She’s serious. She just gave her national registration number that no one uses anymore, didn’t she!?)
“B-but I can’t talk about getting married with someone who won’t even tell me one of her weaknesses.”
“I do not like cicadas or concrete dams.”
“Take this! Mihn Mihn Bomber!!”
[TN: Mihn Mihn is the sound cicadas make.]
“Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?”
He immediately grabbed a cicada from a nearby tree and threw it at her. The yuki onna fell off of the bus stop bench and ran off. He could not really see her face, but he had a feeling she was almost in tears.
(Hmm. Good thing she was an idiot.)

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases