AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-01, 03:01   Link #1
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Lightbulb make depressing anime suggestions Here

I posted earlier and got a bunch of good ideas on what I should look into for anime that is thought provoking and dark... now I am posting to find out what some good anime that will leave you wanting nothing more than to crawl under a rock and sob for a while. Once again like Narutaru... for being such an ill-fleshed out series it sure covers a lot of diff emotions hehe...

I would also like to see how many diff reasons ppl have for why Akira
Spoiler:
. I might make another thread for that in another board though as to keep the moderators off my backside.

PM's welcome
Old 2004-02-01, 03:10   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

thread like that already, should be depressing enough for you (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ght=depressing)
Old 2004-02-01, 03:49   Link #3
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
thread like that already, should be depressing enough for you (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ght=depressing)
I have already read through that one... it is pretty out dated. Almost all of the shows listed there have been liscenced in the US, and as of right now I have no steady income, so I rely on this sight to get some good fansubbed anime for free. I plan on buying a huge amount of anime as soon as the money is available to me... most of wich I have seen from DL'ing here All the extra money I have is already locked up in Magic User's Club DVD's so for now I think it is time to start a new thread involving anime that has as of yet not been liscenced or is available here (same dif hehe)
Old 2004-02-01, 04:48   Link #4
babbito2k
annoying white bat

"Outdated" you say, but the thread was started 3 weeks ago... in the meantime, no fresh shipment of depressing anime has arrived. That kind of show is not that common; none of the new shows this season look like they will qualify, at least not intentionally...

I noticed Violinist of Hameln was mentioned that thread, did you watch that? I haven't seen it yet. You can get it from AnimeSuki. I just looked through AnimeSuki's list again and I don't see anything I didn't mention in the previous thread.

O/T: Mahou Tsukai Tai! is certainly a good investment, I hope you are enjoying it. I loved the 2 shows and also got the manga by Shamneko in Japanese, it's got new stories in it (noone is translating it).
Old 2004-02-01, 05:39   Link #5
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

[QUOTE=babbito2k
O/T: Mahou Tsukai Tai! is certainly a good investment, I hope you are enjoying it. I loved the 2 shows and also got the manga by Shamneko in Japanese, it's got new stories in it (noone is translating it).[/QUOTE]

How upsetting that no one is translating the manga... I love Magic user's club. It has everything! Romance, action, comedy, wierd teenage relationships... what more could you ask for? Perhaps one day it will come into it's own and gain the glory it deserves!!
Old 2004-02-01, 15:57   Link #6
Aquillion

Hmm, if you want depressing shows you can download from Animesuki... Hundred Stories depressing at times. It's more of a horror anime then a depressing anime, but it might do. Gunslinger Girl is also occasionally depressing.

Mind you, neither of those are as outright depressing as the licensed shows mentioned in those older threads, but (along with Violinist of Hamelin, of course) they seem like as depressing as you're going to get from Animesuki at the moment.
Closed Thread